Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 8:50 AM
Default Sims 4 worlds question
I don't know if I am posting right section. Point me where if I am wrong.
I had an idea to share a TS4 neighborhood savefile here at MTS but I see now that I was overvalued my own forces, so I used some lots and sims that were grabbed from other Sims 4 exchange creators.
May I post the savefile with other creators stuff there? And how I need to indicate sims and lots that were remade from retired/unacessable creators. Is that allowed to use sims and lots from exchange for share with save file here at MTS?
Regards. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 2:55 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 9th Feb 2020 at 3:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I don't know if I am posting right section. Point me where if I am wrong.
I had an idea to share a TS4 neighborhood savefile here at MTS but I see now that I was overvalued my own forces, so I used some lots and sims that were grabbed from other Sims 4 exchange creators.
May I post the savefile with other creators stuff there? And how I need to indicate sims and lots that were remade from retired/unacessable creators. Is that allowed to use sims and lots from exchange for share with save file here at MTS?
Regards. Vic ^_^

What do you mean with a sims 4 world really? Do you have like a background and houses, then the ground is by EA or what? MTS doesn't have a Sims 4 world creation forum, or world creation upload guidelines. I depends on what you mean world creation. You will have to ask in site questions, or use your own creator issues forum under the upload menu at the top.

For the other questions you have read the guidelines.

If you use other people's creations you need their approval. If it includes CC you also have to do the same job with those.

How many lots are you planning to make. Perhaps you just need to shake off the feeling of haste? Give yourself some more time?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 6:00 PM
I mean the save file with all houses and characters replaced, Volvenom.
I don't know any creator's policies for Exchanges. Actually I can't see any limitations for re-use, re-share creations from there but also I know this:

Quote:
Some creators do not appreciate their work being uploaded to The Exchange. They'd rather upload their work to communities such as ModTheSims. Pay sites in particular are imploring people not to redistribute their content on The Exchange as it is free to use, though there are no legal ramifications to doing so. Most creators on ModTheSims have a policy list on their profile, nearly all of them have a "Do not upload my creations to The Exchange." policy.

I quess it could work in return: that creators from exchange don't appreciate their work being uploaded to Modthesims. That's why it bothers me now.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 7:20 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 9th Feb 2020 at 8:09 PM.
I mean the save file with all houses and characters replaced, Volvenom.
I don't know any creator's policies for Exchanges. Actually I can't see any limitations for re-use, re-share creations from there but also I know this:

I quess it could work in return: that creators from exchange don't appreciate their work being uploaded to Modthesims. That's why it bothers me now.

When you search for the exchange you get the ts3 type. For 4 it's called the gallery. There doesn't seem to be the same attitude towards the gallery for some reason. Doesn't it say anywhere? I'll have to check that.

I would think mts would not like lots in a save file like that without explicit approval. It's a bother if someone comes back later bugging them about it.

Edit: actually I remember there is a feature in TS4 that marks houses as made by someone. That might be the reason they don't worry too much about it. I looked at lilsimsie's and deligracy's uploads. If you let your cursor rest on the profile of the uploader there is a text there, and they have a little thing with links to youtube and twitch accounts etc. I found that on a pc, I don't know if it's the same in game.

Edit 2: I checked my account and thank you for that. I suddenly found a player biography or something in the game. It's not in my browser, only in game, but it's there.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 5:02 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 10th Feb 2020 at 7:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
When you search for the exchange you get the ts3 type. For 4 it's called the gallery. There doesn't seem to be the same attitude towards the gallery for some reason. Doesn't it say anywhere? I'll have to check that.

I would think mts would not like lots in a save file like that without explicit approval. It's a bother if someone comes back later bugging them about it.

Edit: actually I remember there is a feature in TS4 that marks houses as made by someone. That might be the reason they don't worry too much about it. I looked at lilsimsie's and deligracy's uploads. If you let your cursor rest on the profile of the uploader there is a text there, and they have a little thing with links to youtube and twitch accounts etc. I found that on a pc, I don't know if it's the same in game.

Edit 2: I checked my account and thank you for that. I suddenly found a player biography or something in the game. It's not in my browser, only in game, but it's there.

Yes. I meant gallery.
It's harassing if someone comes back later bugging them about it. Yes. That's what bothers me. But if you mention lilsimsie. I can say one thing. She don't asks for permission. She just renovated the house, share alike with adding RENO to the house name ending.
But... then they tell her that she is stealing, and then she posts a new video where crying "what's wrong with my houses?". After that everyone calms down.
If so I would also post a public excuse to my savefile thread. Something like: "Oops! I am sorry. I reused here works of <name>, <name> and <name>. Thank you for your great work. I appreciate that."
The mention of author works just for lots. For sims it's not working. After you merge different families in one householder, original author is wiped.

Response to Edit: I can try to contact players using Youtube. I am not in twitch and don't wanna be there.

Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 2:29 PM
I guess I just founda perfect example how the feedback and mention of another person work use should look like. And it's here http://modthesims.info/d/598530/greymont-bay.html
Also I started a thread at CFF. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638000 Please, welcome!

dodgy builder
#7 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 7:40 PM
I guess I just founda perfect example how the feedback and mention of another person work use should look like. And it's here http://modthesims.info/d/598530/greymont-bay.html
Also I started a thread at CFF. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638000 Please, welcome!

You have to keep 3 and 4 separate. If you don't you will get confused. The world heaven has been made with TS3 caw, it's a separate tool. TS4 has nothing similar to that yet. What you want to do is just a save file. I suggested you use site/issues and feedback or your own upload/creator issues. You need to know from moderators what to do.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You have to keep 3 and 4 separate. If you don't you will get confused. The world heaven has been made with TS3 caw, it's a separate tool. TS4 has nothing similar to that yet. What you want to do is just a save file. I suggested you use site/issues and feedback or your own upload/creator issues. You need to know from moderators what to do.

Oh yes. Thank you for your support. First of all I need to find away to finish this. Now I am ran out of my fantasy and have no any ideas about how continue.

dodgy builder
#9 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 1:08 PM
Oh yes. Thank you for your support. First of all I need to find away to finish this. Now I am ran out of my fantasy and have no any ideas about how continue.

Just take some time and think about it. It will come back to you.

The reason I insist on you asking is because I'm not sure a save file for TS4 will even be accepted. You're not the only one thinking about this. I have read threads about it, but I can't be sure I remember right, that's why
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 4:35 PM
Save files for S4 are accepted on MTS. If you search "Save" on the S4 downloads page three save files have already been uploaded. http://modthesims.info/browse.php?t...go=Go&gs=4&f=38

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
dodgy builder
#11 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Save files for S4 are accepted on MTS. If you search "Save" on the S4 downloads page three save files have already been uploaded. http://modthesims.info/browse.php?t...go=Go&gs=4&f=38

That is great. There should be Guidelines for it as well then.
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2020 at 9:47 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 25th Feb 2020 at 10:08 AM.
Was suddenly found all answers for my questions here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=630980
I guess, since there is no any prohibition of content from sims 4 gallery, it's allowed. I can try to do my best when avoid all reasons of rejection described there.
This topic can be closed. Thanks.