Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:57 PM
not Bending long skirt when sims sit (or do other things))
Hi, I tried to make the title as informative as possible.

I made the teen skirt long and when the sims sits the skirt is perpendicular to the spine and pops out through the legs and everything. (I can get a screenshot if needed)

I'm pretty sure there should be a tutorial explaining this, but I haven't found it. I would be extremely happy if someone could point me to one! (Or tell me how to fix this problem.)

I am using milkshape. To make the skirt i used neptuneSuzy's tutorial.
Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:03 PM
It is because of the vertex assignments - you can't simply grab the bottom of a skirt and pull it down, you have to take the vertex assignments into account.

To lengthen a skirt you will have to add vertices in the correct places where the skirt must bend with the legs, then properly assign and weight them.

The best thing to do when making a project like this is to start with a skirt that is as close as possible to the length you want, otherwise it becomes very difficult to make it animate correctly.

See the UniMesh thread, and the meshing articles in the InfoCenter for more information about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 9:16 AM
Thank you !
Well, I guess i'm going to start learning to assign and weighten verticles.

One thing I did right was i chose the longest possible teen skirt, the almost knee-length one. Anyways, I obviously have a long way to go so Thank You very much for answering!