Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 5:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Install game from disk WITHOUT Origin
Sorry of coming on here again but EA help is an absolute joke so I'm hopeful someone here can help.

I am trying to install a copy of the sims 3 on my PC using the disk, but I can't get past Origin.

When I put in the disk, I go to computer, then double click the sims 3 icon. The window that comes up, I've attached an image of below. The ONLY option available is to install/launch Origin. Origin has multiple 'unknown errors' when I try to log in, and I just want to install my game directly from the disk without going through Origin at al!.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling origin, and launching w/o internet but I still come up to the same screen with the only option being installing via origin, EVEN THOught I have the disk!! Surely there is some script change that will bypass origin as a requirement to launch the installer?

Please help, this issue is so frustrating!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:47 AM
Possibly this disc was manufactured after Sept 2012? The later made base game discs are tied to Origin, even if you installed the game program via the disk rather than download you would end up with an Origin controlled game and Origin will patch it to 1.69.

Edit: Oh wait sorry, you're a Mac user. But you are now on a PC doing this from the illustration, right? Things are different on Windows, or rather they changed late in 2012 and you may have fewer choices than previously.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 6:21 PM
Right, I know about the whole 'disks after 2012' thing but I just want to play the game from the disk I bought, like why are the making that impossible? I have an origin account but I can't log in on the PC for whatever reason its preventing me, so instead of troubleshooting that whole jazz I just want to know if there is a way to bypass the origin login requirement? Something like a script, like how you can bypass the CD authorization with just a small change in code? Has anyone figured this out yet for Origin?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 8:39 PM
Isn't there an offline option on Origin?
I'm not sure, but I've seen it mentioned. Would very much like to find that option myself, if it exists...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:27 PM
You have to allow Origin to authenticate and control your game before it can be setup for the offline option. One still logs into it when offline, but the credentials are compared against those already verified rather than an online server. Players report that once an Internet connection is detected then offline mode becomes online again without warning and with no choices given.

No, there is no (legitimate) way to defeat or do an end-run around the DRM provided by way of Origin on the newer discs or on digital installs on Windows. Different players cope with that in different ways, I got tired of the whole hide and seek game Origin kept playing with a couple of my EPs on startup and switched over to Steam a couple of years ago. That requires repurchasing the base game and all of the EP/SPs on the Steam platform, but I decided that was worth it to me during one of their 80% off sales that they have a few times a year and was very happy to have Patch 1.67 back again.