Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:27 AM
Default High presets with Bone Delta, can anyone help me?
I converted some boots and platform style jumps from sims 3 to 4, but stayed inside the ground. I had the idea of raising the Sim with the bone delta. I got a great result that I wanted and I would not have imagined. however, the SIM arm remained inside the body. Could someone help me with this?

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:39 PM
Do you get the arm distortion without using the bone delta? How are you applying the the bone delta - slider or preset?

If you get the arm problem with the boots on and both with and without raising the sim, it could be because the boots are so high and interfering with the game's arm positioning mechanism (slotrays). You can try CAS Tools arm position fixer on the boots package. (Open the package and look for the mesh fixers tab.) If you get it only with the sim raised, IMO something's not right in your bone delta - maybe you're not raising the root bone or something.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you get the arm distortion without using the bone delta? How are you applying the the bone delta - slider or preset?

If you get the arm problem with the boots on and both with and without raising the sim, it could be because the boots are so high and interfering with the game's arm positioning mechanism (slotrays). You can try CAS Tools arm position fixer on the boots package. (Open the package and look for the mesh fixers tab.) If you get it only with the sim raised, IMO something's not right in your bone delta - maybe you're not raising the root bone or something.

Not without him the arms become normal, I used the height mod reference to be able to make the sims get up to be able to use the boot. I made a body preset! Actually the problem is in the presets and not the boots, they are normal! Can I send you the link if you want to see it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:42 PM
Sure, I'll take a look and see if I can spot anything that might cause this.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 8:52 PM
Sure, I'll take a look and see if I can spot anything that might cause this.

It has 3 sizes inside the package, because it has other boots and heels with the sizes made. I hope you can help me a lot, I've been wanting this for a long time and I was very happy when I did. haha
https://simfileshare.net/download/L...9GBPlvmbMVDh66/
https://simfileshare.net/download/w...IP5VOnRGK6mhZt/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 12:27 AM
Well, I think I have a solution for you. I fixed it by raising the b_ROOT bone and making everything else in the other bones zeros except the carry slot. For some reason you have to raise the root bone by putting the adjustment in the Z dimension like in the screenshot below. I do remember the whole human sim skeleton is rotated so I guess that's why.

I don't know if the carry slot adjustments are okay, I didn't try carrying anything.

BTW, Quaternion rotations have to be calculated and if you put numbers in without knowing what you're doing I don't know if the game ignores them or what. Maybe I can figure out how to do a calculator for them.

It looks pretty good in the game. When the sim sits her feet go back to the normal level and the boots sink into the floor, but I've seen that before with anything that raised the sim and I don't think it can be changed.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 2:13 AM
Well, I think I have a solution for you. I fixed it by raising the b_ROOT bone and making everything else in the other bones zeros except the carry slot. For some reason you have to raise the root bone by putting the adjustment in the Z dimension like in the screenshot below. I do remember the whole human sim skeleton is rotated so I guess that's why.

I don't know if the carry slot adjustments are okay, I didn't try carrying anything.

BTW, Quaternion rotations have to be calculated and if you put numbers in without knowing what you're doing I don't know if the game ignores them or what. Maybe I can figure out how to do a calculator for them.

It looks pretty good in the game. When the sim sits her feet go back to the normal level and the boots sink into the floor, but I've seen that before with anything that raised the sim and I don't think it can be changed.

OMG, ARE YOU WONDERFUL? AND I'M LAUGHING A BOBO BOY WITHOUT BELIEVING THAT? YOU ARE A GOD, YOU WILL TRY THAT NOW. I LOVE YOU! and to be honest, I'm new at it. So! must have realized that he was crazy, lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 2:29 AM

Can you send me back the package, to look at me like you did?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 2:58 AM

I got it sorted, you do not have to send it back to me. Thank you for the help! you saved me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 4:11 AM

CmarNYC, another question came up and I do not know if that would be possible. I would like to add this bone delta in a package for example in the boot, when using it the Sim stays auto without needing to use presets.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 4:41 AM
Unfortunately in Sims 4 the CASP has no bone delta link. There is a way to link tuning so possibly a data resource could link the bone delta, but I don't work with data so don't know how or if it's possible.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2018 at 4:49 AM
Unfortunately in Sims 4 the CASP has no bone delta link. There is a way to link tuning so possibly a data resource could link the bone delta, but I don't work with data so don't know how or if it's possible.

Ah, but that's okay. I was able to make a slider instead of presets. so they can create any size of platforms and will not be dependent on the presets to be updated!