Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 12:55 PM Last edited by toolowforzeros : 7th Oct 2018 at 3:55 AM.
Default Extracting files from userpreset.package and converting XML files to packages
Hi everyone,
I’m not quite sure if this is the right place to post this; I need help.
I made a lot of patterns in my builds using CASt (no CAP/CC) and I was wondering if it could be possible to extract some of these files stored in userpreset.package and re-package them for easy access to anyone who prefers to download the items only.

I have been searching for almost a week and finally came across a post (see Link) from MonoChaos on16th Sep, 2013. I understood Inge mentioned that “in the next test version of [Peter’s] s3pe,” it would be possible to use the “Grid therefore to access each preset as XML, via the Import/Export/View Hex/Edit.” Is it possible to convert these XML files to packages?

I have s3pi from Sourceforge and I also have S3PE and ijCollectionWrappers from Simlogical but wasn’t sure where to extract the wrappers’ DLL file. In which directory is it supposed to be included? Do I need any additional tools/add-ons?

This is all new to me and I’m grateful for any help. Thank you for your time.

UPDATE: The Sims 3 Package Explorer seems to be what I'm looking for (from its description) to view and extract some userpreset.package files but WCIF a functioning link. All links (except one) I've tried so far are obsolete and the only functioning link was a dead end. I've tried postal and package viewer but they didn't work for me. Does anyone know where to find this "golden" link? Please help!

Please note: moved to modding discussion. SOLVED