Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#126 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:04 AM
My middle name is Hoilfong. In Cantonese, it means "resourcefulness of the sea."

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 4:10 AM
My middle name is LeAnn i like it i think Amber LeAnn has a nice ring to it but i have always wondered why they decided to make the A capital instead of just spelling it Leann but oh well its all good.
Original Poster
#128 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 7:56 AM
close to one my fave names - Leanne
#129 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 11:35 AM
My middle name is Jayne and my first name is Alannah.
Alannah Jayne. Hmm, kind of old fashion
I really like my first name because it is unique-ish spelling, but I wish my middle name was after my great-great grandma Jirra. She was an Indigenous elder over here (I think) and I really love her name. It flows with my full name and sounds kind of exotic :D
Aw well, my name is my name. I still like it!
#130 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 12:02 PM
Mine's Marie. Very simple and very common, combined with the very common 1st name of Christina. I think every school I went to as a kid had a girl (or three) named Christina in it, but no biggie. I like it just fine.

One school I went to there were 3 Christina's and another Christina Marie in my class.
#131 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 12:17 PM
PenChris - You have a really beautiful name
#132 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 9:52 PM
Mine is Marie.. I like it and all but too many people I know have it..Amy Marie sounds pretty good so I'm okay with it
#133 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 9:59 PM
My middle name is Irene, like my mom and my grandma. If I ever have a daughter I'll give her the middle name of Irene, just to keep the tradition alive.

Although, part of me wishes my parents had given me a middle name that began with M, so my initials would be OMG.
Forum Resident
#134 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 10:02 PM
My middle name's Victoria. When I was younger I liked to beef it up a bit by saying my mum named me after Queen Victoria because her middle name was my first one.

o_O
It was wierd.

Midwintertears, I think the Croatian(?) spelling of your name is really nice!
Top Secret Researcher
#135 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 12:44 AM
My middle name is Hannah. Just because my mom liked it. And because my dad got to name me my God awful first name so it was the compromise I guess. I don't really care for it that much, too common. Plus I'm automatically disqualified from playing the 'middle name game' at work (you have to try and say your middle name backwards)

My sister older Tarah (pronounced Terra) got two middle names, because I guess my parents assumed they wouldn't have another girl, so I complained until I got a second one (that's not legally mine) but it's Issabelle, which I enjoy (it was my grandma's middle name).

That means all together with my 4 names the shortest one is 6 letters long.

Shut up, Quadratic Equation!
#136 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 2:21 PM
I think it's cool how parents can give their children a secondary name. I find it kind of cool, and find myself thinking about middle names equally as much as first names [I'm such a name junkie, it's wierd].

Anyway, mine is the ever-so-common Rose. It's an Americanized version of my Italian grandmother's name, Rosa. And thus, my name is Estella Rose *insert absurdly Italian last name here*. Dear Lord, it sounds SO grandma-ish. I prefer Rose over Estella, but I'm stuck with Stella until the day that I die. Although a special few people get to call me Ella, which is my favorite name of all, but I don't let everyone use it because otherwise it wouldn't sound as pretty. n_n
Test Subject
#137 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 3:22 AM
My middle name is Victoria. Nothing really interesting, but I like it.
#138 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 2:40 PM
Emaerin. Pronounced Em-ay-rin.
My friend, Molly, has no middle name and then my other friend has 7 and she says them REALLY fast.
I like middle names... they add ,sometimes, a mystery or uniqueness to people.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:19 PM
My middle name is Rudy. I don`t have anything against it; i was named after my grandfather whom i never had the pleasure of meeting. people have called me that all my life, and i`m just used to it now. so it`s kinda like my name. lol
Instructor
#140 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:26 PM
My name is the most boring, mundane one ever:

Michael Edward Jones

My parents are unoriginal
Forum Resident
#141 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zela
Emaerin. Pronounced Em-ay-rin.
My friend, Molly, has no middle name and then my other friend has 7 and she says them REALLY fast.
I like middle names... they add ,sometimes, a mystery or uniqueness to people.

That's really a beautiful name! Love it.

Spiderchi: Ooooh, a real life Edward. xD I like the name Michael *cough Prison Break cough*.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 4:47 PM
I love middle names, especially quirky ones. Sometimes there's a story or person attached and it's always fun to hear about.

Mine is Joy (Sara Joy). It's just a nothing name though. No history or story.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 6:57 AM
I love middle names when they have a story. I don't see the point of giving your child middle name, just for the sake of having one.

For instance, my middle name is Michelle. I see no point in having a middle name, as I rarely even use my last name when people refer to me. My first name is rather unique, I've never met another Bria.

potterhead
call me bria
Test Subject
#144 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 7:08 AM
My middle name is Nadine. I like it. Sometimes, people just call me that instead of Madi. I think it's an old traditional name in a way.

And I'm a sucker for old stuff.

#145 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 1:18 PM
My middle name is Lynn, but I wish it was my real name :P
#146 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:28 PM
Quote:
That's really a beautiful name! Love it.

Thanks! I use that some times as my online name. Or Frankie.
Middle names, I think, are useful if you want to name your child after a relative or a famous actress ect but your Partner/child's father doesn't like it. That way you can make a compromise.
Test Subject
#147 Old 9th Dec 2008 at 3:02 AM
My middle names are Elaine Vivian Renae. I used to hate doing those poems in school when you had to write your full birth name down the side and try to make it rhyme. That is why my daughter only has one middle name.
#148 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MontanaKat
My middle name is "Ann". I don't mind it at all. My initials is: KAB (not shouting )

Aahahaha, KAB are totally my initials too.
I read that at first and freaked out for a second. How creepy is that? (:

And, my middle name is also Ann, so together that would be Kristen Ann BBBBBB. B's are nice. I used to really hate my middle name, but now I just think it flows nice. I definitely would have liked a different name, but oh well.
Original Poster
#149 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:49 AM
its kind of interesting how common Marie is, it tends to flow well with alot of other names...
#150 Old 10th May 2009 at 6:12 AM
My middle name is Ann which I don't mind, it sounds good with Sarah and the only person who really includes it in my name is my nanny (She calls me Sarah Ann because the Ann is from her middle name :P). I call my brother by his middle name (my parents decided to when he was little because him and my dad have the same name, William Bennett, but my brother chose to go by his first name starting around 5th grade) and when I was little I used to try to get his friends to call him by it and he'd go around calling me Ann to make me stop because he knew I didn't like it I can't even see him as "William" though.
Page 6 of 8