Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 7:31 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:42 AM.
Default Dormie Asylum + The "I Was a University-Age Zombie" Asylum Challenge
This challenge isn't terribly difficult, but you *can* integrate it with your existing neighborhood. It's definitely more interesting than waiting for your students to skill-up or finish their homework. Plus, you have the option of adding zombies to your neighborhood. Yay! Zombies!

Objective: Turn your dormies into zombies!

Notes: You can control your own students. You may want to bring more than one student with scholarships. Zombies run on asylum mode (that is, you leave them alone and don't control them). This challenge is pretty much a way to check out some less commonly used parts of University. You'll see academic probation and dropping out, you can have a cow mascot zombie (they sure walk funny and you can see who's inside), you'll see plenty of ghosts (remember to add the teddy bear!), you'll see zombies die of fright, you can influence your zombies to clean the dorm, and other ridiculous things.

Okay, here's the hint that should get you started...

Join the Secret Society and remember you can put items into your personal inventory! It will cost you 1K per zombie.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 12:35 AM
This actually sounds really fun... Definetly trying it out.

yum
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 5:53 PM
I'm doing the Zombie Apocalypse Challenge in my University. It so fun to watch zombies attack other sims... *contented sigh*
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 7:35 PM.
Caring Classmate Challenge (University EP Required)
Hi everyone. This is my first attempt to post a challenge.

You are a diligent student, always thinking about learning. But your classmates don't seem to be as willing as you.They spend all the time hanging out with friends rather than going to class and doing assignments.
You decide to help them catch up with their studies, hoping that they will finally come to their senses and improve their grades.

Your aim is to help your classmates get as high grades as possible without controlling them directly and to maintain your own excellent grades.

GETTING STARTED:
Create a household of 5 students. You will be allowed to control only one of them. Give him/her Knowledge aspiration. Your controllable Sim must be Serious (0-3 Personality Points), Neat (8-10 PP) and Nice (8-10 PP). Distribute all the remaining points as you like.
4 other Sims in the household are the lazy classmates. They must be Outgoing (8-10 PP) and Playful (8-10 PP). Roll a die to choose aspiration for each of them:
1 or 2 - Popularity
3 or 4 - Romance
5 or 6 - Pleasure (if you do not have NL, roll again)

Move the household in a dorm with 5 or more rooms. You can use only Maxis dorm, not csutom one! You also must not change anything in the dorm before you move in. Once you've moved in, claim a door for each student. Your sims are allowed to declare majors, but it makes the challenge much more difficult.
Now you are ready to start.

During the challenge, you are not allowed to control any of your Sims except your main Sim with Knowledge aspiration. This means that you cannot direct your "lazy classmates" to do assignment or send them to class (if they don't go there automatically, they must miss class).
Use the "Ask to join" interaction and the Influence to build Sims' skills or to make them study. You can use cheats to maximize the Charisma skill for all your Sims, as this is the only skill that Sims cannot build without your direct control; this is the only time you may use cheats, however.

RULES:
- You are only allowed to control your main Sim. However, you can read other Sims' information, lear about their relationships and skills and even put locks on their wishes.
- No cheats (except for maximizing the Charisma skills)
- No hacks or mods that affect relationships, skills, motives, aspiration, etc.
- You may use custom build mode objects and recolors, but please no other custom objects!
- You must use Maxis dorm, not custom one! You are not allowed to change anything in the dorm before you move in.

- You lose if a Sim of your household fails the exam.
- You win if all your Sims graduate.

SCORING
+ 1 for each skill point earned by you
+ 2 for each skill point earned by any other Sim of your household
+ 50 for each skill maximized by any Sim
+ 50 for each A+ exam result
+ 20 for each A exam result
+ 40 for each Sim who graduates (not with honors)
+ 100 for each sim who graduates with honors

PENALTIES
- 40 for each C+, C or C- exam result
- 60 for each D+ or lower exam result
- 50 if your controllable Sim gets B+, B or B- grade (he/she is a perfectionist!)

I hope you'll enjoy it. I am waiting for your comments and suggestions
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:11 AM
Sounds delightfully stressy and messy xD Might have to give it a try!!

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 10:41 AM
I like the idea! I can imagine my shy and active sports boy distracted by a hall full of outgoing Libras and Aries.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 1:16 AM
I always care about the other students...I delete the fun stuff so they'll study...

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mareika
+ 40 for each Sim who graduates (not with honors)
+ 100 for each sim who graduates with honors

Is there a point difference between Honors: Summa Cum Laude and Honors: Cum Laude?

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Instructor
#9 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 4:39 AM
Interesting... might have to try this one.
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMNTForever
Is there a point difference between Honors: Summa Cum Laude and Honors: Cum Laude?

No, there is no difference. Otherwise it would be too much trouble with counting the score