Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 5:29 PM Last edited by gegsey : 11th Apr 2019 at 4:26 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Question about CC Hairs and Recolours
Hello everyone,
I am (kind of?) newbie at playing Sims 2 with CC. (i have the ultimate collection)
I wanted to ask if it is possible to have more than one binned recolour sets of Hairs.
Reason i am asking because; i already had this hair and its mesh, but i found a new retexture and liked it.
Now i am wondering if i should delete the previous colours to add the new set or can i just keep both in my downloads folder?
And what happens if i delete them and some of my sims were using deleted hair?
English is not native language sorry for any mistake or if my question is not clear.
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 8:54 PM
The hairs will just show up multiple times. Sooner or later you'll get tired of wading through all your hairs and delete the colors you like least, but for now go for it. No need to have the mesh in twice, though - that's just wasted memory.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The hairs will just show up multiple times. Sooner or later you'll get tired of wading through all your hairs and delete the colors you like least, but for now go for it. No need to have the mesh in twice, though - that's just wasted memory.

Thanks for the answer. Do i need the mesh in the same folder, or will the game find the mesh even it is under another subfolder?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:11 PM
The game will find the mesh. In my Downloads folder, I have all my hair meshes in one folder, and the colors in another one.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:26 PM
Thank you! I usually put the mesh with the colors so i know which mesh colors belong to. I will try to change the thread to answered!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 4:39 PM
You should wait a bit longer...you still have had no answers about what happened to your sims who wears cc hair, if you delete the colors..
You are welcome!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:26 PM
They get replaced by a random hair, that's all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)