Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Daughters sims disappearing.
My daughter has lost two sims after they were "abducted" by Aliens. they were never returned. How can I get them back?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 8:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Apr 2019 at 4:03 PM.
A summoning/teleporting mod might help. There are several different (I use the version that comes with the Insimenator mod). The SimBlender is another, and I think Inge has a variety of different types: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

It's best to not save and/or quit the game when sims are gone from the lot (work/school/driving/abducted/other), or another situation that makes the game confused (placing sims on certain types of OMSPs, for instance), because under some circumstances this can cause the sims to get lost in the "void". There are usually ways to get them back, but not always.
Alchemist
#3 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 9:32 PM
from my understanding, just saving would cause the mentioned problems. quitting/exiting without saving; I take lot's last saved point would be loaded.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 10:21 PM
She also want to look into why since two not returning sounds like she has a mod clash going on. She should make a backup, remove her CC and try an abduction.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:47 PM
When sims are abducted they're not supposed to leave the lot, they should be held off-world out of sight just like when they go to work. They should still be in the sim chooser, if not then something went very badly wrong the moment they were abducted. If they are still on the lot you're not likely to be able to teleport them to the lot, if you force an error on them (use a buggy mod or something) they'll re-appear.
Alchemist
#6 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 2:55 PM
The batbox can also fix sims stuck "off-world." One of my sims took his motorcycle for a spin and never came back - which I thought was entirely realistic - - batbox fixed it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
Thanx everyone!