Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:40 AM
Default Window Blinds Not Visible From Outside.
I'm faced with a little puzzle with one of the buildings I'm working on.

It am re-working an existing lot, turning it into a pub which will be a setting for a story chapter. I've added some windows and moved the positions of some others. All of the windows originally had Venetian style blinds which I decided to keep. The trouble is that when I move the blinds to the new windows I can't see them from the outside. All the original blinds are visible but not the ones I've replaced. They're visible if I click down to the ground floor, but when I view the whole building I can only see the unmoved ones. Ordinarily it wouldn't be that big a deal but, since I want everything looking right when I start shooting screenshots, I'd be grateful if somebody could tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:02 PM
What game is this? If it's ts3, is the original perhaps made so long ago as to some patch from EA? I know EA did changes to the depth of walls, making some windows look odd. I don't really remember anymore. Some glasswall windows on his site, had to be changed several times.

Other ideas could be to adjust where they sit in the window, but it looks to me like you have done this already.
A crazy idea I suddenly had was to have 2 blinds on top of each other. One on the inside and one on the outside. If they sit in the same place on the height of the wall, it might not be that visible. It's probably not going to work

If the house is very old, you might have to fix all windows in the house.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 1:40 PM Last edited by Elynda : 16th Aug 2018 at 2:28 PM.
It is one of the lots in the TS3 version of Riverblossom Hills (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=429780) and that is rather old, so that might well be the problem. The original building, as I now remember, had a few odd things going on with it. It was originally supposed to be a Vampire Lounge (known as "Howl") and had a basement which for some reason was flooded with very intense lighting that was actually painful on the eyes. I deleted that, slightly extended the ground four and the upstairs, but retained many of the original features, including the windows and the blinds.

Out of curiosity I just loaded up the original Riverblossom Hills and tried the same thing with the unmodified building. I was able to delete and replace the blinds there with no trouble, they were all visible from outside. So it must be something that I have done with my re-worked version that's stopping them from showing.

Anyway, I will try your last suggestion and see if that works. Thanks.

EDIT: That strange lighting, by the way, seems to be okay in the original. There were strobe lights down there, working as the should work. They must have been glitched in the save I was using for my re-builds. Maybe that's the case with the window blinds too.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor