Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 5:54 PM
Default Moving Vehicle Seating - Rig / Slot editing
just a quick question about moving the position of Sims and effects in vehicles - is this data located in the Rig or in the Slot file? I've tried playing around with both, but while I am able to change the position of the driver's hands, I'm unable to actually move the whole sim up or down. I'm making a replacement for the Seasons UFO, if that's relevant at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 6:13 PM Last edited by Arsil : 4th Jun 2015 at 9:20 AM.
Uhm. I would love to help you but I struggle a lot with these things.

Maybe there's no slot (or IKTarget?) for the ass or the feet of the Sim?

My official answer is that you have to work on both the _RIG and RSLT, but I want to make you an example.
Recently I fished (what?) fixed a shelf where you couldn't place any object. I've only worked on the RSLT, putting as bonename
for every slot 0x00000000 (so, no bone/joint was referenced). And it worked just like that.
Even if I move the shelf the objects placed in its slots follow it correctly.

EDIT: I forgot something important. I had to replace the _RIG of the shelf with one using
the new format (the one that S3PE can handle). But, still, in the slots I didn't
reference a specific bone so I'm not sure what's the relation between them.
Instructor
#3 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
just a quick question about moving the position of Sims and effects in vehicles - is this data located in the Rig or in the Slot file? I've tried playing around with both, but while I am able to change the position of the driver's hands, I'm unable to actually move the whole sim up or down. I'm making a replacement for the Seasons UFO, if that's relevant at all.

It's in the _RIG, I just fixed my sims seat position in the Honda CRX I've downloaded from Fresh Prince, but you need to adjust the steering wheel position as well, I just used data coming from the Mitsubishi Eclipse with a little adjustment cause they're almost the same size except for the wheel base. Hope that helps