Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:42 PM
Default Trouble creating custom painting/posters
I tried following several tutorials but I can't seem to get this to work. I need to make two pictures (which I've attached) into custom photographs for wall decor in my game, Sims 3. It's for a machinima I'm making. Anyone have any advice, because I'm about to pull my hair out and I feel like it should be really simple I'm just missing something. Then again I am pretty new to cloning objects and such. As in this is my first time -_-
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:12 PM
  • S3OC : clone existing picture with suitable size and using renumbering option
  • S3PE : extract texture (one of the _IMG resources) to file
  • edit texture with graphic software to put your image in it (don't resize the original image, that complicates things)
  • overwrite file using the same settings of the original (create mipmaps and use same DXT compression)
  • S3PE : re-import texture (you can right click on the original resource and select "Replace")
  • S3PE : save the package
  • Try in game
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:13 PM
What have you tried, and what went wrong?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2015 at 10:22 PM
I figured it out I was using GIMP and TSRWorkshop software and finally got it