Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#426 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Kittylynn74 : 22nd Nov 2013 at 9:42 PM.
Well... Mine died, crashed, whatever you want to call it. Remember my move to the new computer after the theft of my old computer? Well, I managed to play the Jacquet family a little, they only had a day or two to finish before I was done with their round, but when I started to play the Ramirez family it was total corruption. I tried skipping to the next family and it was just as bad. I have been trying to rebuild, but all those kids in the Burb family and also losing a LOT of my CC, hair & clothes... Rebuilding just hasn't worked.

I'm tempted to try again, maybe. I'm a little burned out on Pleasantview, but I feel bad that I didn't get very far. If I do try again it will be BASE GAME Pleasantview characters ONLY. I bit off too much trying to add all the binned families & Bluewater too.

EDIT: Ok Im going to start over again... again... Im loading the Basic Pleasantview, with all the original NPC's, Ive added Downtown and Sim State Uni. So only the original Pleasantview inhabitants and the Students from Uni are included. Im starting play with the Uni Students... Ive never played them before so Im getting them into Dorms and figuring out what to do with whom... Will update soon.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#427 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:07 PM
welcome back! Why not keep it simple and only play with the premades in Pleasantview? That's what I'm doing. However, I consider university boring so I didn't add it. It would slow down the process anyways. But if that is where you want to start.. then go for it!
Field Researcher
#428 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 3:51 AM
Im thinking you are right Satrina. I started playing the Freshmen and Im already tearing my hair out. The two guys ended up attracted to each other thanks to me forgetting to take ACR out. I just thought it would be nice to add some of the Uni students to the neighborhood so its not the same old story of Lilith and Angela, Dirk & Dustin.. there isn't anyone else for them to match up with! Yawn! But I already blew it with the Freshmen because the two guys like each other and won't take a second look at the Pleasant twins now. I wasn't going to play the Greek Houses at all. The plan was to treat them as NPC's to keep a Greek House available thru all the generations. So I just took the rest of the binned Uni students and the Bright students and put them in another Dorm where Im going to keep a much closer watch on them. Ill leave the Freshmen with their Senior year unfinished and if they meet Pleasantview students in the future perhaps they will eventually graduate.
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 5:06 AM
There are many more options for Lilith & Angela. I have my Dustin end up with Lucy Burb. However, I did keep Lilith & Dirk together after a teen pregnancy. What about having them grow to adult. Then you have Dina, Nina, Don, Cassandra, Darren, Kaylynn, Dustin, Lucy, Beau, and Alexander available for pairing off. If you don't want to keep with the storyline in place you can move things around to create a completely new story. Just ignore the way it was setup.
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:34 AM
yeah like i said there will probably be unexpected twists in my pleasentview story anyways how do you change there skin to custom?
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 8:57 PM
Custom skins, you download them from various websites. Start here at MTS by clicking on download that is on the menu above. Then Sims 2. Then Bodyshop. Then Skintones. Download the skintone files you like then open your download folder on your computer. Extract the files into folders. Then search for your EA Games folder which is in your document folder on your computer. Open the folder, open the sims 2 folder, open the download folder and then drag and drop the files from your download folder.

Make sure to do this when you are NOT playing your game. Sims 2 can't be running while doing this. Now start up the game after doing the transfer and they should be there when you go into CAS.
Test Subject
#432 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:02 PM
Very Intersting! I would like to try! Just gotta somehow find my old computer! Damn newer operating systems
Field Researcher
#433 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:04 PM
There are newer operating systems that don't work with Sims 2? Its working on my Windows 7 computer which is still pretty much brand new so I won't be upgrading for a few years yet at least. I guess I need to be prepared that the next computer I buy might not be able to play it. *is sad*

So far with my new Pleasantview set up:

I have played the Uni students to a few different levels. I "fixed" the few who were same gender oriented to now they are equally attracted to both genders. That way I can have them meet Pleasantview students and if there is attraction I can go from there with them. Otherwise they will stay at Uni as "extras" I won't graduate them all.

I also created a single extra CAS family that I'm adding to the neighborhood to mix up some of those same old relationship possibilities. Four unrelated Sims, two female, two male, all adult created using my random generator. I named them the Smith Family. Depending on who they end up marrying will determine who's last name is used. (I don't really want a whole neighborhood of Smith's) I plan to play them only as a modified NPC lot. Playable, but only there as marriage fodder if attraction happens. I also plan to run a quick "baby mill" to get some attractive children into the adoption pool like I did before.

So my first family to actually play is the Burb family (just like my first time) I'm not going to start rolling random trouble for any families on the first round. I'm just going to get each family going for a single season, fix their appearances, fix their houses (or move them into different homes) and all that.

I moved the Burbs into one of my apartment buildings that you can download on this site. Its the smaller Colonial Apartment House. They are on the second floor apartment. John found a job in the education field while Jen found her job in the Law field. They had another girl, Emily who just aged to toddler, Lucy is a teen with a Slacker job for now. Jen is expecting again since John's LTW is to grad 3 kids from college. She is one of the worst pregnant Sims Ive ever dealt with. She falls asleep in almost every meal, wont get up to use the bathroom till its too late then passes out after mopping up her mess. Its all I can do to keep her alive, shes so close to starvation the whole time. My randomizer wants me to play the Caliente Family next so one more day with the Burbs and Ill be going to the Calientes.
Field Researcher
#434 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 6:44 PM
Sorry for the double post but I have updates on first rounds:

So, I went to the Caliente family next. Dina & Nina confuse the crud out of me so Im going to refer to them as Blondie and Ginger. So Blondie decided to take a chance and called Mortimer over for a date. It was Dream Date without much help from me, so I had her Propose engagement and the next morning she moved out to go live with Mortimer (will come back to her later) Ginger has a LTW to have 20 lovers, so I got her started on that with the gardener Leo Deppiesse, and a random walkby... unfortunately (on purpose) I have risky woohoo in, so she got knocked up by one of them. She can't seduce men while preggers so I took advantage of her hobby enthusiasm for Nature and had her run a 19 plot garden, no greenhouse, no ladybird houses. She still had her gardener help, but it was mostly her to tend, spray and water. She had a gold badge by the end of the week and purchased fruit trees on the last day of fall. She also adopted two dogs, one from the animal shelter Leroy, and the stray named Tiffany. She gave birth to twins a boy Tyler and a girl Tara, never looked to see who was the papa.

So her round done I rolled the randomizer and it pulled up the Oldies. I put them in my Pleasantview Mobile Home park and got them Non-Elder jobs (I have the noelderdiscrimination hack) or whatever its called something like that. So, they have jobs, but something is missing and I liked that they adopted the last time I played them so I had them adopt. They got a boy named Caleb, and immediately got him into private school. Caleb ended the week 3 out of 4 wants for a pet so that will probably happen next round. Coral is moving up her career in education pretty quick and always wants to Drive to work. Herb keeps rolling wants to retire and spends most of his time playing in the bathtub if I don't redirect him. I will let the randomizer decide if they adopt a second child or if they just stay with Caleb next round.

Next I rolled the Goth family so I rolled the randomizer to decide if Cass stays with Don or not. It rolled break up so they broke up... but that was ok, the wedding arrangements worked perfectly for Blondie and Mortimer. Cass was rolling wants for babies and to fall in love so she called the matchmaker. First try was not bad looking, but he was the rich dude from Downtown and she didn't need a rich dude. Also his nose was funny like it was flattened or he ran into a wall. Guy two was random townie and he had the wall-broken nose thing too, only worse. She had "good" dates with both of them, but didn't call them back. She called matchmaker the 3rd night and got one of my Random mates that I put out on 10 Oak street (they won't be played, Ill just wait for them to meet playables or for the matchmaker to grab them) They hit it off, his name is Ross Smith. They went on 2 dream dates 2 nights in a row. She proposed engagement and he moved in. They got married and moved out on day 5. Meanwhile Blondie got pregnant and Alexander grew up to teen. He rolled Family as his asp and likes girls with makeup and that aren't fat. Blondie had a baby girl named Bethany and Mortimer passed away on the last day of fall. I didn't roll the randomizer for the next house... since Cass didn't get played for a whole week, I then went ahead and moved Cass & Ross into a new house and took 5 days off Fall. Im playing the last couple days of fall with them. It seems Cass got pregnant on their wedding night so she is barfing and passing out now. Randomizer is sending me to the Broke house next.
Mad Poster
#435 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 7:02 PM
Why on earth can't she seduce people while pregnant? It's best to start with folks she's got a high relationship with, because her needs decay will interfere with dates, but it's perfectly doable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#436 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 5:47 PM
It was more I didn't want to bother with her needs decay at all. So I had her chat up every male walkby so she can call them and build relationship. I didn't push it further because having her pass out or run for food or bathroom in the middle of a seduction attempt was frustrating. The time wasn't wasted, she has 7 or 8 guys she can call and start working on. Has already started on a couple so they are friends. I also had her concentrate on her garden as its her only income. It allows her to stay home, during winter she will be painting & novel writing... and back to romancing every guy she meets lol! Plus with the gardening and getting in the zone and keeping her happy, I hope to get her that Genie lamp so she can wish for beauty... then the guys will search her out! :D
Mad Poster
#437 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 6:03 PM
Look out when you "Wish for Beauty" they will not leave you alone. LOL

If it was me I would make a back up of the hood before trying the "Wish for Beauty" just in case the "attention" is to much.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#438 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:36 PM
Well, maybe I can get the wishing well instead... Then she can wish for friends & romance? A little less intense than the Genie wish. I would just have to put a lot of effort into making her property really nice. It would have to wait for spring. She has lots of produce from her garden, enough for some juices to bump her up thru the winter. Ill get her painting and see what funds she has for some major landscaping in the spring. Tempted to spring for a small greenhouse enclosure so she can grow a few plants over the winter. Good investment... Im keeping risky woohoo in so it will be interesting how many kids she ends up with.

I played the Broke house and pretty much just maintained them. Got Brandi a job. Had her invite both Don & Darren over, She has a better connection with Don. Still at best friend status, but we'll see. Im going to see what wants Don rolls when its his round. Dustin got fired from his criminal job and thought maybe a different career might be better. So he got a Gamer job and was at the top by the end of the week. Beau is good at school and Brandi had her third son, Scott. They had the TV repoed to pay the nanny one day, but between Dustin's and Brandi's jobs they are breaking even now. Another promotion for either of them and it should be better.

Ive finished the Pleasant house this morning. I played it a little vanilla with Mary Sue and Daniel. He stopped seeing the maid and their relationship is better than ever. Mary Sue got pregnant just in time and had a baby boy named Ryan. Angela has lost interest in Dustin Broke and is waiting for Uni to see what the dating scene is (rolled randomizer on who she hooks up with and it came up Uni Romance) She has the LTW to get to top of Military so she is already working in that field. The slap fests between Lilith and everyone else got old so she ran away one time, second day of the round. She was brought home and the fights continued so I had her "Run Away" again (really she moved out) but I family funded her cash down to $2000, basically what she would have had for college money. She is living in my Vagrant Camp for now... tried going to school for a few days, but now she is working adult hours at her Slacker job so she isn't going to school and has no plans for college, I will extend her teen years so it will be like the YA period her twin is going to have in Uni, to keep them the same age. I'm setting a rule for her that as a High School dropout she won't be able to do more than Slacker, or Culinary jobs and possibly not even be able to take promotions higher than level 5 or 6. It would make sense in RL, drop out of school and your career choices are slim. So I'm halfway thru playing Lilith's round, Ill have to see how things turn out for her. Dreamer house is next, then last will be Lothario... I think that covers everyone
Field Researcher
#439 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 10:32 PM
More Updating: Lilith finished the week at level 5 of the Slacker career. If she auto studies the skills she needs to get anymore promotions then I will allow it, but she will not be directed to study any more. I will roll the Wheel of Torture for her next round to decide how she finishes her teen years.

Dreamer house turned up some surprises. I intended to just play maintain like I have with the rest of the houses. Fix the house, get them jobs, etc. Darren rolled up wants to Talk to Brandi and Go on Date. So I had him call her and they had 2 dream dates. At the last dream date both rolled wants to get engaged so I had him propose to her. It was the last day of the round though so I will save her "move-in" for next round. Darren has managed to max his Creativity and paint enough to get by so far... with some help from Dirk and his teen job.

Last house was Lothario, he kept his medical career and I had him clean up his property. He rolled wants for better furniture, better appliances, better yeah... like everything. So I got him the better telescope. He needed to skill Logic and was abducted. Just as the round ended he had a baby boy. He will also get the WOT treatment at the beginning of the next round.

On to round 2. I think Ill stick to one season at a time. So the Burbs 2nd round and their Wheel of Torture is... someone gets fired, must remain unemployed for a full round. We'll see if they can stay in their nice new apartment with this new development.
Scholar
#440 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 6:41 PM
Hey! I'm resurfacing from the "dead" to promote my own Pleasantview - which was started a couple of years ago, but like others, I don't play very often so I'm only just beginning Generation 5. I'm in the process of trying to update all of these playables' bios and pics on the Weebly, so hopefully links are all up to date and you can explore!

http://thepleasantviewfiles.weebly.com/

Have fun!!
Mad Poster
#441 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForeverCamp
Hey! I'm resurfacing from the "dead" to promote my own Pleasantview - which was started a couple of years ago, but like others, I don't play very often so I'm only just beginning Generation 5. I'm in the process of trying to update all of these playables' bios and pics on the Weebly, so hopefully links are all up to date and you can explore!

http://thepleasantviewfiles.weebly.com/

Have fun!!

Awesome site! Has inspired me to work on one of my own when I finally settle down and set up a new neighbourhood :-) Am currently reading through your site - it looks really interesting!

**ETA** Your sims have such massive families! I don't envy you such a lot to document but I'm loving reading about it :-) Which was the family your friend made by mistake? The McNavens?
Scholar
#442 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Awesome site! Has inspired me to work on one of my own when I finally settle down and set up a new neighbourhood :-) Am currently reading through your site - it looks really interesting!

**ETA** Your sims have such massive families! I don't envy you such a lot to document but I'm loving reading about it :-) Which was the family your friend made by mistake? The McNavens?

That's exactly the family. Which reminds me, I owe her an update about what shenanigans those kids have gotten up to!

I really should start enforcing some form of birth control. Particularly as I use the random setting for the Triplets&Quads mod... Carolyn Lothario. My goodness. Quads... twice, I think. I just about cried the second time.
Mad Poster
#443 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 11:35 PM
That's exactly the family. Which reminds me, I owe her an update about what shenanigans those kids have gotten up to!

I really should start enforcing some form of birth control. Particularly as I use the random setting for the Triplets&Quads mod... Carolyn Lothario. My goodness. Quads... twice, I think. I just about cried the second time.

Well done to me for figuring it out :-D I do love your site - great detail on all of the sims (I can't believe you have them all on there - that must've taken ages!) and it's nicely laid out too. And it's on Weebly - I'm a big fan of that site. Do you pay for the extra features or did you just use the free stuff for your site?
Scholar
#444 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Well done to me for figuring it out :-D I do love your site - great detail on all of the sims (I can't believe you have them all on there - that must've taken ages!) and it's nicely laid out too. And it's on Weebly - I'm a big fan of that site. Do you pay for the extra features or did you just use the free stuff for your site?

I just use the free stuff. For what I use that site for, there's no sense in paying for it. I'm about to go in and start working again - I'm also in the process of loading all the neighbourhood data into Sim Tracker as well, so it's a good excuse to make sure everything is updated!
Mad Poster
#445 Old 29th Dec 2013 at 8:04 PM
I just use the free stuff. For what I use that site for, there's no sense in paying for it. I'm about to go in and start working again - I'm also in the process of loading all the neighbourhood data into Sim Tracker as well, so it's a good excuse to make sure everything is updated!

I have a Pro subscription as I used to use it for my business website, and I've kept it because I like the extra features :-) I was showing it to a non-simming friend (who did play TS2 briefly many years ago) and she was astounded by how many sims you have in your 'hood and how much detail you have on them! :-) I shall check back soon to see what you've added/updated :-)
Lab Assistant
#446 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Satrina
Custom skins, you download them from various websites. Start here at MTS by clicking on download that is on the menu above. Then Sims 2. Then Bodyshop. Then Skintones. Download the skintone files you like then open your download folder on your computer. Extract the files into folders. Then search for your EA Games folder which is in your document folder on your computer. Open the folder, open the sims 2 folder, open the download folder and then drag and drop the files from your download folder.

Make sure to do this when you are NOT playing your game. Sims 2 can't be running while doing this. Now start up the game after doing the transfer and they should be there when you go into CAS.

i know how to download skins i just wanna change the premade family skins from maxis to custom
Field Researcher
#447 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
i know how to download skins i just wanna change the premade family skins from maxis to custom

To change pre-mades to custom skins you would have to download Default Replacement Skins, to replace the Maxis skintones completely. There is another way with SimPE, where you can assign custom skins to each character, but that is more difficult and unless you really know what you are doing, you can mess the game up.

I use this set: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=277157
Mad Poster
#448 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens

If you like Maxis Match then these are the best I have found. http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...hp?topic=9469.0 they look great in-game.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#449 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 4:42 AM
look guys i had to reset my sims game i have to start the challenge all over i might make a blog for this challenge i will continue the challenge maybe for more than 10 gen i will do it as long as i can! i might make a blog because i don't wanna spam the thread
Lab Assistant
#450 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 8:47 PM
Hey guys! I've been playing this challenge for five months, and thought I'd finally post about on here! I'm on my fifth rotation, currently playing Beau Broke. After drinking from a risky wishing well and vanishing for a full Sim week, he's returned a new man, resolved to avoid any nasty chemicals and to make the world a better place. He's moved to a small flat with his cats, and is living off of his garden, guitar tips, and fishing hole. Unfortunately, his morals are not nearly as strong as his environmentalism-he's already cheated on his longtime girlfriend, Lakshmi Pleasant (pictured below and adopted by Mary Sue and Daniel after Angela Pleasant died in a suspicious dorm fire), with the town prostitute, Hilde.

I'll post more after playing the Goths!
Screenshots
Page 18 of 19