Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Vvg : 18th Dec 2022 at 12:45 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Neighborhood flora
Hi, guys and gals! I have a little problem with the neighborhood flora in my game! I have downloaded season enabled mountaine pines from Lowedeus a long time ago, but I have find the prob only few days ago. So, in a decorations section in the neighborhood it looks OK (Pic 1), but when I exit from the section it turns to this (Pic 2). Who knows how to fix this?

Edit: I found this problem with the forests too (Pic 3&4).
The fix is here.
Screenshots

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:46 PM
the problem probably relates to graphics.
lowering various settings might be a possible fix.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 9:54 PM
You are to close to the water and some objects will disappear on you.

When in edit mode it changes but when you go back to live mode you see what you have that the game will use.
Just look at the circle item and then look at both your pic's and you will see it.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:54 PM
I tried to play with the low graphics settings, but the problem with the trees remained.

Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 5:33 PM
Today I tried to play without "Downloads" folder, but it did not help. Those two pines are still buggy. Low/high graphics settings do not help either. So what could it be? Do I need to reinstall my game?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 6:00 PM
They are buggy in my game, too.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:10 PM
I don't seem to have this bug in my game. Do you suppose it could be related to graphics card/drivers where the bug seems to only occur with Nvidia cards? I think that the sims' shadows that Nopke fixed was a bug specific to Nvidia cards. (My card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700 and does not have either problem).

Has anybody reported this to Lowedeus or asked them about it?
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:12 PM
in my game to buggy
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I don't seem to have this bug in my game. Do you suppose it could be related to graphics card/drivers where the bug seems to only occur with Nvidia cards? I think that the sims' shadows that Nopke fixed was a bug specific to Nvidia cards. (My card is an AMD Radeon HD 7700 and does not have either problem).

It makes sense that it would be a graphics driver issue, but I don't know that it's limited to Nvidia cards. I have those trees and an Nvidia card (GTX 1050Ti) and do not have this issue, either. However, I use an older driver for the card because the newer ones do cause issues with my game. Perhaps OP should try rolling back their driver to an older version IF that won't mess up other programs running on their machine. There's a searchable archive of drivers on Nvidia's site, and I imagine there is on AMD's as well. Newest isn't always best with an old game.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 9:42 PM
Many people have this problem with the pines/pine forests - you'll see it very often in people's game pictures. I asked about it on MTS a while ago, and working with someone else, we discovered the cause is the 'boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false' cheat. Do you have that cheat in your user startup?

The problem doesn't happen if you turn the cheat off ('boolProp dontMergeNHFlora true'), but it's a very useful cheat otherwise so it's unfortunate that this happens. And I don't know why the cheat makes the tree trunks disappear in certain modes.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synergy
Many people have this problem with the pines/pine forests - you'll see it very often in people's game pictures. I asked about it on MTS a while ago, and working with someone else, we discovered the cause is the 'boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false' cheat.

Ooh, yes- you're right!

False:

True:

Now we know that, it's easy to put that cheat in as an alias so it can be switched for when you're taking hood pictures.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Now we know that, it's easy to put that cheat in as an alias so it can be switched for when you're taking hood pictures.

The only downside is that, in my game anyway, these specific neighborhood trees also show up as glitched from lot view when the cheat is turned on. (And if the cheat is turned off, most hood trees won't show up in lot view at all :D) I'm just glad it doesn't happen with all the trees/tree groupings.
Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
Well...I have that tree default and the neighborhood flora cheat turned to false in my userstartup, and I don't have this issue:

(Neighborhood view, in the flora section of hood deco. Sorry, with my hood camera mod I can't take a pic at this angle without turning on cameraman mode, so no UI. )

(Lot loaded, in build mode, as you can see.)

My userstartup:

Like I said, I use an older graphics card driver. I don't know if that matters. I also use a lighting mod, but I don't know if that matters, either. I can't think of anything else that might affect this? Camera mods, maybe? I don't know. All I know is I don't have this problem, not with the clumps of trees or the individual trees. Which is good because a lot of my neighborhoods are heavily forested with those trees.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 11:11 AM
Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate it! That's why I love Sims community :lovestruc, you will always find a help in any question.
@RoxEllen1965 I asked Criquette about the problem, this is what he said: "I actually have no idea what would cause this issue. Never seen something like that."
Thanks @Synergy, I would never have guessed that the problem is in that cheat. And yes, I do have this cheat 'boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false' in my user sturtup. I will report here after I'll play with the cheat turned off.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Well...I have that tree default and the neighborhood flora cheat turned to false in my userstartup, and I don't have this issue:

It's probably a combination of things (hardware, mods etc) only apparent when that cheat is used.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:33 PM
Finally I can respond. You all were absolutely right, this cheat 'boolProp dontMergeNHFlora false' makes the problem. I tried to play without userStartup.cheat and it works. But now it's hard to decide what you need more: a good looking neighborhood or a good view in the lot. Well at least now I know the reason of that problem. Thank you all!
Screenshots