Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:00 AM
Default Is The Sims Resource as bad as everyone says/
I'm new to Sims but I'm totally addicted to Sims 3. I like to make my house and people very Victorian looking. And the Sims Resource has some nice things, but everyone says it's evil. So I was wondering if it's as evil as everyone says and why. Also, if anyone likes nice Victorian clothes, All About Style is the best so far.

P.S.
Anyone had any good Sims3 sites for jewelry?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:50 AM
It so is. Don't go there. Anyway hi, hello, howdy, hey, good evening and welcome to MTS! Woohoooo!

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 5:12 PM
Hi apathys_whore, welcome to MTS!

There are a lot of great creators on TSR, but much of it is subscription only. All items on MTS are free, though!

If you are looking for something specific then may I point you to the WCIF forum? Just click 'Help> Where Can I Find' at the top of the screen.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:58 AM
This may be biased, but no harm in reading, right? About TSR & its haters : here.

Anyway, welcome to MTS, apathys_whore! Hope you love this site!

Hey there! :)
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 1:42 PM
Hey! Welcome to MTS! I love Victorian things as well I would love to have lived in the Victorian era ^^ I hope you have a nice stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd May 2012 at 4:59 AM
OK first of all the things on the sims resource is easy to download without any issues at all u do not even need an extra installer program...the stuff here u need to be a friggin genius to install it on ur computer then onto ur sims 3 game! I pay the subscription to tsr and also have an account here. I spend more time on tsr because the the stuff is nicer, higher quality for the most part and easy to find in my sims game. I have been trying to install things off this site for 3 weeks and cant get anything to download I get error messages and messages saying I cant open files as archive even though I have 7zip. So my answer to ur question is NO tsr isnt evil in my book this site is!!
#7 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apathys_whore
I'm new to Sims but I'm totally addicted to Sims 3. I like to make my house and people very Victorian looking. And the Sims Resource has some nice things, but everyone says it's evil. So I was wondering if it's as evil as everyone says and why. Also, if anyone likes nice Victorian clothes, All About Style is the best so far.

P.S.
for one thing don't listen to that first person. to download most things on tsr all ya have to do is click "download" and do whatever you need to do start downloads on your computer. no moving things around and finding the right folder to put them in like on here. i allmost never use this site less i feel i need to.
#8 Old 28th May 2012 at 4:22 PM
I never has/had a problem with TSR, its a good site to get good quality items even if you don't have a subscripton which I don't have,but don't mind!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th May 2012 at 7:32 PM
You evidently use a very unique definition of genius, McgooDavey.

The problems with TSR aren't really about the website itself or the content (though of course, some people dislike them because they have pay stuff - that's a whole can of worms I'm not opening). The fact is that over the years, TSR's leadership have pulled some very dishonourable stunts, which have caused a great deal of heartache to many people throughout the community; creators have stopped creating, sites have been forced to close, and nasty arguments and rumours have been spawned.
There are of course also the allegations of TSR sharing its subscribers' credit card info publicly, which are covered pretty fully by the link above - I don't know if those allegations are true or not. (What is true is that their backend security is shite, however, so I would recommend using a unique password and a throwaway virtual credit card or paypal account if you must subscribe - since if anyone ever decides to hack them, they will meet no resistance and will end up with a nice big plain text list of sellable personal details)

The majority of members and creators at TSR are perfectly nice folks. The majority of content is, well, mediocre, but that's ok; I don't have any particular problem with content from TSR. The reason why I don't touch the site with a ten foot bargepole is that I will not condone the kind of behaviour TSR's leadership have engaged in in the past; that is, deliberately aggressive and divisive behaviour, which treats anyone not on TSR as competition, and therefore fair game, in the interest of turning a quick buck.

Lastly but most importantly - welcome to MTS, apathys_whore! Interesting choice of username there...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:08 AM
I really dislike TSR, but I love it here. I wouldn't suggest going to TSR since...well they've done some bad things to people. MTS has high quality stuff, don't let a soul lie to you. MTS is one the best site IMO to download from because it is COMPLETELY 100% FREE, unlike TSR where you have to pay money to get about 90% of their items. MTS also has really great people on it who just want others to be happy with their work, which is so nice to see. And all you have to do is go google search Winrar, get it for free, then come download whatever, save it, and extract it to Documents/EAGAMES/Thesims2/downloads, and bam it's in your game. All I really do is copy the whole document link and just paste it. So much quicker ;D Enjoy your stay ^.^
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:00 AM
McgooDavey, if you think this site is evil, why are you here?

No, TSR isn't 'evil.' Like other people are saying, some adminstrators and creators are...not very nice people. They've got some cool creators there, but I would suggest taking some precautions. Alot of creators here have accounts on TSR, download stuff at TSR, and use TSR custom content in their creation advertising/modeling/etc. If you want to know more about their 'bad' reputation, go to the http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/ . I personally don't use them, because alot of their stuff is unappealing to me, and alot of the actual good stuff is pay. And if you download there most people will not judge you. I'll stay with this site, but go ahead and have fun with your sims!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by apathys_whore

P.S.

I too enjoy having my sims looking victorian I have downloaded things from the Sims Resource, bit they don't a very big selection, unless you have subcription.
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McgooDavey
OK first of all the things on the sims resource is easy to download without any issues at all u do not even need an extra installer program...the stuff here u need to be a friggin genius to install it on ur computer then onto ur sims 3 game! I pay the subscription to tsr and also have an account here. I spend more time on tsr because the the stuff is nicer, higher quality for the most part and easy to find in my sims game. I have been trying to install things off this site for 3 weeks and cant get anything to download I get error messages and messages saying I cant open files as archive even though I have 7zip. So my answer to ur question is NO tsr isnt evil in my book this site is!!

Come on, you gotta be extremely stupid if you can't follow simple instructions posted here.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Nope nope nope.