Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 2:47 PM
Default Custom Radio Stations
Hey there... I've spent the last 15 minutes or so searching the forums, and it seems that there are quite a few people interested in learning how to create completely new stations for the radio.

This is something that I'd like to do as well.

Creating a new folder to put the mp3s in doesn't actually create the new station, and I'm fully aware of knowing how to add my own mp3s into the game...

I'd actually like the new stations to be on the pie menu though. I'd like to add an oldies station, an 80s station, and a classic rock station to the ones that I already have.

If anyone has any information on how this would be possible, or perhaps just a push in the right direction so I can figure it out on my own - i'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:11 PM
Maybe you can go into the radio object, and change the menu options there from "RNB" to "New Age" or whatever, and just put all of your new age music in your rnb folder. That way, the game still looks for the files in the rnb folder, but when you click on the radio to select the station, it'll say what you want it to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 3:28 PM
Yeah, I had thought about doing that, but there's only one station that I would want to replace. (I like all sorts of music, and it's fun being able to change them for whatever mood I'm in) so I'd still need to come up with a way to actually *create* at least two more stations.

I suppose if no one knows anything about doing this, I'll just have to get more selective with my music and replace the current stations. Thanks for your reply though
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Jul 2005 at 5:30 PM
I am working on a tutorial on this. It is sort of a low-priority project for me at the time, but if I find the time, I may continue the project.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mod_bv
I am working on a tutorial on this. It is sort of a low-priority project for me at the time, but if I find the time, I may continue the project.
So you keep saying... A tutorial would be good, because I keep on seeing this question! :-)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:43 AM
I'd really love to see this too. I also heard somewhere that you can make custom t.v. stations...

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 2:04 AM
I would love, LOVE this. mod_bv, I sincerely hope you finish that tutorial.... I've often wondered if this was possible, and now I know it is.
Inventor
#8 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 3:08 AM
Yes, but it's not a high priority project for me.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:26 AM
Either make it one, or stop making empty "promises." I understand not having time, but you obviously have time to say "maybe someday." It's a little annoying, actually. I don't suppose you are one of those stupid "rockin the road" people, are you?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:32 AM
what does that mean
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 6:41 AM
Hmm...I like the idea.
Inventor
#12 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
Either make it one, or stop making empty "promises." I understand not having time, but you obviously have time to say "maybe someday." It's a little annoying, actually. I don't suppose you are one of those stupid "rockin the road" people, are you?

So you are calling me stupid? And so that project is cancelled, then.
Inventor
#13 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 5:32 PM
Ask Eric Etc., maybe he could do it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 9:56 PM
Don't cancel the project because of one users impatience. There is more than one person interested...

Is the glass half empty or half full? Who cares when the glass is broken.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 12:23 PM
Wow... I come back to the thread I started, find out that someone might be able to make a tutorial, and see that someone else says something mean and thus, the tutorial is cancelled o.O

I can understand if it's low-priority... *shrugs* It's just nice to know that it's possible. And I would appreciate it if you do decide to make the tutorial.
Inventor
#16 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 1:14 PM
I have some high-priority projects that I will try to finish.
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 2:14 PM
But is it very hard to make a new radiostation?
Inventor
#18 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:33 PM
dead_coward, it appears to be a bit harder than making a new TV station. Well, it depends what people want more. A radio station tutorial, or a McSims? Whichever answer gets 5 votes first will take my high-priority spot.
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 5:50 PM
I know how to add songs to already created radiostations but how do you make new ones then?
Inventor
#20 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 6:55 PM
Well, it depends what people want more. A radio station tutorial, or a McSims? Whichever answer gets 5 votes first will take my high-priority spot.
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:03 PM
i still dont understand how to put custom music in the sims 2 i did it in the sims 1 but icant figure it out can some1 explain this?
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:11 PM
hi everyone! if you want to add music to your game then you can copy them over from other music sources you have on your hard drive if you have any. the way i do it is to copy my .mp3 files over from cd's or stuff. it's easiest to do it from .mp3 files. that's how i do it anyway. other than that, i don't know how. maybe use a specific program to copy music from your cd's that are not an mp3 format.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Jul 2005 at 11:51 PM
I vote for Radio Stations.
Inventor
#24 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 12:52 AM
Okay. So now 1-0 Radio. Keep voting.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 1:22 AM
i vote radio station also
Locked thread | Locked by: MTS2Staff Reason: It seems custom stations are impossible to create
Page 1 of 3