Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:31 AM
yogi-tea - my apologies for being so demanding - you're right that sort of request for feedback belongs over in the creator feedback forum. But thank you so much for taking time to give me some tips.
The Treasure Box is now in the queue - let's see if the moderators like it. I made sure (checked three times) to remove all CC and even repapered the inside walls to be sure it was base game wallpaper. But I still strongly recommended the need for Ambitions, otherwise there would be one big empty, useless building, since consignment shops, cash registers, store shelving and so on were not in the base game.
I retook all the pics and noticed something funny - the magic gnomes were having a ball! Caught one doing sim-fu in a showroom and another was making faces at either a butterfly or one of the stall workers. The stall guys were making belching noises and other "manly" sounds the whole time, and they were working 24 hour shifts!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:48 AM
Well, you can just make it a residential lot so that anyone can download it and then those with Ambitions can change the lot to a community consignment shop and add the necessary consignment stuff to it.

Or you can just make it a consignment shop. You don't have to make it work for only base game anyway.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#28 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 6:50 AM
sandymdh, your house is awesome - I love it! It really looks like an old railway station that is now used as a home. I also love all the custom content you included - the Sunset Valley sign especially. Great work!

Gamineannie, don't worry about it, you haven't been demanding at all. Feel free to ask for help whenever you need help.
I think you can check your upload for CC by using a tool made by Delphy - you can find it here - Good luck for your upload.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:46 PM
No, I don't think that's it. I think it's CUSTARD that checks for CC in a Sims3pack. Find it here. It won't install Sims3packs on your computer, it just goes in them and finds the packages. This way you can choose what you want to keep as CC in the package or not.

This is good if you have to take out CC that's required but you can't include due to the Creator's sharing policy.

Forum Resident
#30 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 9:30 PM
Again, we have all come up with completely different ideas. I liked the idea of a corner lot with a half circle driveway, so I deleted a cheap starter house next to the Linn sisters in Riverview. I moved in a sim to start a garden in the back, but these pictures are taken as just as he is finishing the planting; so there aren't any vegetables or fruit trees showing yet.

I put the pictures in a slideshow to help those with dial-up and to prevent the picture loading lag. You can always stop the slideshow and look at the bigger pictures in the album if you wish. Anyway, just click on the picture to start the show.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#31 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 9:33 PM
Ciane, I love it! The orientation of the house is different but seems to fit the foundation perfectly. Great job!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
I love it Ciane. You got the roof close to how I tried to get at first. I like that it's a normal looking residential house, that's what I failed to do on this foundation.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:31 AM
Ciane - I love it! You did a great job and it "fits" perfectly. I really like the calm interiors. I started out residential, but couldn't seem to make it work. You've shown that it is indeed possible. Well done!
Yogi-Tea and Lifeslover - I did use CUSTARD on my file. Then I had to go back in and remove some CC I missed, repackage and reCUSTARD to make doubly sure it was clean. It's a great utility for uploaders.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:22 AM
Well, that's great! Yeah, it is a good utility, though I'm still not sure that you can't put CC in it so long as it follows the content's creator's rules about sharing. People do that a lot with Sims 2 houses and I find that I have a lot of CC that I love that I didn't download due to having gotten it when I downloaded a house.

Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:28 AM
That's so pretty, Ciane - Great Job! Your's is super too Sandy - great original idea! Its obvious no-one used up all their creative juices on the contest because plenty are still flowing!
I've just finished my attempt at this foundation and I went the community route too. I'm just giving my eyes a rest before I go back and take the photos - Ive been building solidly for the past 5 hours and I'm starting to see double!
I was hoping to upload a foundation myself this week but I'm gonna be away for a week from tomorrow ( big family wedding up north - won't that be great in all this torrential rain??!!) so it'll have to wait till I get back but we seem to have plenty to be going on with!
Hopefully I'll get the pics done tonight or first thing tomorrow.

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~ Milton Berle
Forum Resident
#36 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:48 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I am glad that some of you loved it.

I know I mentioned it before in the contest chat thread, but I really do enjoy seeing how everyone choses to divide the space. Everyone has done a great job; yet no two people have made the same structure. That is what is great about creative foundations.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:08 AM
Default La Bistro Granadina Fran
I couldn't settle to sleep until I'd done one photo so here's a taster. The outside of 'La Bistro Granadina Fran'
Ive designated it a Hangout and put in a food till. Its basically a small bistro with seating/eating area downstairs, and a balcony area upstairs with a small bar. dancefloor and places to sit/chat/cuddle. Out back there is a vineyard.

More pictures tomorrow if anyone would like to see.

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~ Milton Berle
Forum Resident
#38 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:55 PM
Mia - I like the diagonal balconies on the upper floor that mimic the diagonal porch on the ground floor. I also like the warm colored brick that blends so nicely with the fences, shutters, and roof.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:22 PM
Very nice work guys, I especially love how you laid out the rooms Ciane

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#40 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 10:48 PM
Oh, Mia138, that is so gorgeous! It would look right at home in France or Italy. The building looks so elegant and yet, still a pleasant place to hang out!
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
It looks like a toast which got bitten off twice.

All I can think ok when I see that foundation is 'nomnomnom'

sandymdh Brilliant! Love the use of the rail tracks. The platform looks so cute. Kitchen is my fav, especially with that pattern.

Ciane Love it. And it's not all straight! So difficult to build around. Again, your floorplan is perfect and the decorating is all matching. Pond in the front is beautiful and so is the bushes and plants around the house.

Mia138 Gorgeous Perfectly followed trough on the theme. Gardening is beautiful too!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:26 PM
Mini Mall

I made this one in TS2 with no CC, but with all EPs and SPs except M&G. I gave up on it at first, but I got inspired when I saw the first pictures of what could be done with this foundation. I tried residential at first, then I turned it into a community lot. I will have good use of it cause I'm so bad at building community lots that I only have about five or so that I keep reusing over and over.

Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:38 PM
That looks really awesome Sulyuki, I love it

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Inventor
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:06 PM
Your Mini Mall is fantastic, Sulyuki. I love all about it - the colours, the shape of the house, the interior, the garden... lovely. If I was still playing TS2 I'd love to have it in my game.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 4:31 AM
Sulyuki, that is very well done! Love it all and wish I still had Sims2 on my machine, so I could download it when you put this up for Sims2 downloads. Don't see why you think you can't do community lots well - this is very inviting and beautifully designed!

Page 2 of 2