Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1188
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 274 (Who?), Viewed: 26939 times.
Search this Thread
Old 8th Apr 2018, 4:20 AM #251
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Continuing on my dollhouse project, I thought I'd try to make the doll object recolorable. And it's actually possible! It's reclorable only when it's being played with, and the kids will start with the original color. Still, it's better than only having one single color option.

Nothing too exciting to see at the moment (I just made the color on the sandheap stick dolls lighter as a test recolor).

(If anyone wonders about the skill bar, it's from the original object I cloned - the "garage" dollhouse by Leefish - since I had no idea how to actually add custom dolls. I did manage to change the skill gain from mechanical to charisma, since it makes a bit more sense for a dollhouse, and since I'm really tired of the bunny head being the only and/or most annoying charisma toy. They can get creativity skills from elsewhere...)

Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Apr 2018 at 4:31 AM.
Old 8th Apr 2018, 7:04 PM #252
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

3 Achievements

@simmer22 Just in case you weren't aware, there's a new Sims4studio that can export geostates now.
Old 8th Apr 2018, 8:51 PM #253
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Thanks for the heads-up!
I'm done with extracting the dollhouses, but there are plenty of other items with geostates I want to extract.

The dollhouses in all their glory! *cough*

As per the 4 pic rule, there are more pics here, plus closeups of the dolls:
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...34681#msg734681
Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Apr 2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12th Apr 2018, 7:36 PM #254
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

New babies means new children, which means...new Undies/PJ's.
I decided to use the BV swim bermudas shorts for Boys, and recolor it into..Undies/PJ's. (I use Bloom's SexyFeet Default)
But no need a mesh.

Then for the Girls, I also used the BV swim bermudas shorts for boys, but I edited the mesh so the undershirt I added had some..thickness to it.

Obviously, this one needs a new mesh.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Old 13th Apr 2018, 12:49 AM #255
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

3 Achievements

Now that my computer is more reliable, I've reinstalled SimPE and finished up some 4t2 clutter conversions that have been in the WIP folder for awhile.

I've loved these roof accents from Lunasimslulamai for years. Now that I have a specific building in mind for them, I found a working DL link and converted them from TS3.
Old 13th Apr 2018, 1:06 AM #256
maxon
Original Poster

The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

I like the patterns on some of those undies Rose. Also, I like those roof accents too. I could make a tea room. Or a glass house. Or a glasshouse tearoom.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 13th Apr 2018, 7:45 PM #257
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thank you Maxon.

My game loves to crash if I hit Print Screen too hard or hold it for too long it seems. Lucky for me this time, I saved just before taking that screenshot. lol
I thought my apt lot needed upgrades and a re-looking to fit my new 'Hood, so this is what I've been doing.
I wanted to take more pictures but...yeah. Made a perfect timing for posting in here.
Lovely cuz colorful...or yellowful?

Old 13th Apr 2018, 9:48 PM #258
Lamare
just a girl

19 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Thank you Maxon.

My game loves to crash if I hit Print Screen too hard or hold it for too long it seems. Lucky for me this time, I saved just before taking that screenshot. lol
I thought my apt lot needed upgrades and a re-looking to fit my new 'Hood, so this is what I've been doing.
I wanted to take more pictures but...yeah. Made a perfect timing for posting in here.
Lovely cuz colorful...or yellowful?

Nice! You should post pictures more often

About Print Screen. Do you have Fraps (or similar screenshot program) assigned to this button? Try changing it to another hotkey and see how that works. Maybe your machine doesn't like it when two large screenshots are taken and saved at the same time (OS saves image to the buffer on top of screenshot program doing its thing). I may be wrong.
Old 13th Apr 2018, 9:56 PM #259
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thank you Lamare.
I use Bandicam yes. But it just started happening. It use to do fine.
I tried Fraps a while back, but didn't like it.

Old 21st Apr 2018, 6:32 PM #260
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Curtains are fun to make. I didn't know this. lol The only time I made some, it was just a narrower version of CurtainQuaintTwoTile. And it still sits on 2 tiles.
Now, I am having fun with transforming the shower curtain into a regular one. Hey..a curtain mesh already exist...
Deleted some parts, as it does not need 3 rows of vertices on the Y axis does it? One at the top and one at the bottom is enough.
Pulled on it so it reaches the floor...remapped it etc.

Not all done and ready yet, but I am making a bunch of textures for it. Fun.

The wooden pole, and both curtains are almost all done...

Last edited by Rosebine : 25th Apr 2018 at 5:29 PM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 26th Apr 2018, 11:12 PM #261
leah10006
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
These all look great.

I meant to post before @leah10006 - I loved those paper lanterns in your beach lot. Where did you get those?

Hey sorry for the late reply @maxon They’re actually from a creator on here called @nicvncnt 😍

************ Leah****************
See my Blog https://lolasimsposts.tumblr.com/
Old 27th Apr 2018, 1:10 PM #262
maxon
Original Poster

The Great AntiJen

24 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah10006
Hey sorry for the late reply @maxon They’re actually from a creator on here called @nicvncnt 😍

Well, thank you - annoyingly I already have some of their earlier coloured lights so I must have missed those.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 28th Apr 2018, 6:05 PM #263
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

My daughter thought my shirt looked too girly, for me to use for a boy outfit...I showed her the shirt in MilkShape.
But I still continue on, I need a new boy outfit, for Casual and Gym. I know she is right...I asked her opinion because I had doubts! lol
I still like it though, for boys.
Whatchoo all think?

Old 28th Apr 2018, 6:20 PM #264
Aysarth
Lab Assistant

12 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
My daughter thought my shirt looked too girly, for me to use for a boy outfit...I showed her the shirt in MilkShape.
But I still continue on, I need a new boy outfit, for Casual and Gym. I know she is right...I asked her opinion because I had doubts! lol
I still like it though, for boys.
Whatchoo all think?

You could get rid of the sleeves, or make them longer? At the moment they look rather like capped sleeves, which I don't think I've seen in boys outfits.

I love the shorts!
Old 28th Apr 2018, 6:25 PM #265
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thank you Aysarth. That shirt is a mix of 2 girl outfits...collar and sleeves belong to the top of a dress. I'll try your advice.
The shorts comes from the BV swim for boys, plus my recolors. Scroll up post 254

Old 28th Apr 2018, 6:37 PM #266
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Perhap also make the collar smaller (closer to the neck)?
Old 28th Apr 2018, 6:54 PM #267
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Thanks! That was my daughter's suggestion as well..

Old 28th Apr 2018, 10:47 PM #268
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

So, I edited the collar, and pulled down the sleeves, but for some reasons, it still looks too girly!
First pic is after the collar edit. It basically looks like my son with a tan, borrowing his big sister's school uniform shirt...
Then second pic, collar edit + sleeve edit.
Not quite better!

For girls now, it is cute. Well yes! I *had* to make one for them now (using my non-edited first mesh)

Last edited by Rosebine : 29th Apr 2018 at 1:19 AM.
Old 30th Apr 2018, 4:31 PM #269
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

I'm up to a lot of stuff huh?
I have one more...
I was in great need of a desk for one of my kid/toddler's bedroom set.
The thing is, desks are annoying. You can only place one chair, and only on the right side tile, where you can place a computer.
I like my children to be able to play computer games and do their homework on the same surface, and in their own bedrooms! I don't want TWO desks.
With desks, you are out of luck.
It will be either...homework or computer. I use the desk locator mod by Mog, and like desks, it will only allow the right-side tile of a surface to be seen as available to place the homework...you know, where the computer goes.
Enough of this, I cloned a kitchen table.

Categorized as a desk, found with the desks, but is an hybrid!
Now my children can have this desk, use a computer and do their homework. Both tiles accept a chair, so both activities are allowed.
This desk is the same infront and inback. Knees don't get clipped-in.
The desk locator works for kitchen tables as well as desks, but you knew that.

Old 1st May 2018, 12:31 AM #270
yavannatw
Scholar

7 Achievements

Great idea. I always hated that the chair at the desk always had to be on the right hand side.
Old 1st May 2018, 1:02 AM #271
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

What was bugging me the most was that I had to choose between a computer or the homework, or if you prefer, not being able to have 2 working chairs!
And now, my desk chair is done too. I'll post a pic a bit later.
Seems it will have to wait, modyourpanties won't load now.
Here is the desk chair.

Last edited by Rosebine : 1st May 2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 1st May 2018, 11:44 PM #272
mdsb759
Top Secret Researcher

about boy's shirt; in most shipped version male clothing, neck's opening seems to be a circle.

beds in post 271 ( http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...846ChairBoy.jpg , http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...59ChairGirl.jpg ), did you create those?
Old 2nd May 2018, 12:31 AM #273
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Yeah, in this game, pretty much all boy shirts are plain.
Yes. I created all of that. It is my A Star Is Born, bedroom set. The wall paper too. Not mine are the Humble's computer, the wood floor, the desk locator, the kitchen chairs in the first pictures, the Billy Bookcase, and the small shelf (my white recolor though)
(my set includes : a crib, a changing table, a wardrobe, a toddler bed(pet cushion) a pet bed(for pet this time) a single bed, 5 walls, and now a desk and a chair)
So far, that's it.

Old Today, 12:40 AM #274
d4RE
Lab Assistant

11 Achievements

I've working on the library lot that was used for displaying the Curvilinear Librarium, so it could be uploaded. This requires making some CC, partly in order to not send folks looking for difficult-to-find custom content, and partly to make it more my own. I couldn't find any benches that looked like the ones I wanted, so started making them. Got interrupted by a work trip, and since I had benches on the mind, I drew a lot of sketches of benches I saw in bus and train stations while traveling. Here's a few of the meshes I'm satisfied with so far:

I've hit a snag for the time being with the textures. Since I'm using downloaded textures instead of EAXis game textures, I'm finding that one UV map does not fit all textures, with all the different resolutions and sizes of textures I've acquired. So, slowly but surely, I'm resizing each texture individually to match the UV map instead of the other way round. Hopefully, when the set is complete, there will be 15-20 unique bench meshes, including concrete, metal, and wooden benches.

Still working on my bay window project, office suite, add-ons for the librarium, and the cyberpunk computer. The computer looks pretty cool, but way too high on the faces scale: I believe there were over 2000 faces on the mouse that I previously posted alone. Gotta find or make some more complicated textures that will drape over a simpler mesh.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  benches.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  102.9 KB  
Old Today, 2:42 AM #275
simmer22
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Not the right time of year, but... Do you want to build a snowman?

I've recently made (and converted from games) a bunch of toys. I've got a Star Wars collection and a Frozen collection. It started with Yoda, C-3PO and Olaf plushies, and kinda escalated from there. These are currently deco objects in baby size, but if I get some tools up an running I thought I'd make some working dolls, and perhaps even an Olaf snowman replacement, if I can figure out how.

(My nearly 3 year old niece has Frozen fever at the moment. Her brother groaned when she wanted to see the movie yet again, insisting he's seen the movie with her "at least 42 times")
Last edited by simmer22 : Today at 11:01 AM.

Section jump: