Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:23 PM
Default Shadow
Hello,

Can you tell me how to remove the shadow?

Thank you very much.

Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:49 PM
You don't want a shadow at all?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:06 PM Last edited by dyokabb : 6th Oct 2009 at 10:45 PM.
yes that's it, I deleted the DropShadow and yet the shadow is always there, point annoy me most
Inventor
#4 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:16 PM
I did a little experiment with a crib too, and that looks like the square (groundshadow) group that comes with the clone.
We don't know yet how to remove groups fom a mesh, but you could scale them very small so it will disappear under the crib.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#5 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:19 PM
You could scale the shadow mesh down, or scale the shadow mesh's uv down. If you just want to get rid of those circles, you could delete the four little squares in the shadow mesh group.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:28 PM
If you want a dropshadow to look different, UV map it to a different texture, or a different part of the dropshadow texture.

The dropshadow texture (the "do not use any blobs below this line" one) is just a greyscale texture image with an alpha layer. Normally, the dropshadow is UV mapped onto one of the blobs... some are darker than others. The rendering engine stretches the texture to cover the mesh area you have uvmapped.

You can just use one of the invisible areas between blobs for an invisible dropshadow, or use one of the lighter-colored ones, which is what I recommend. Or, if your dropshadow texture was cloned and renumbered, just edit the alpha layer on it to make it more transparent, which will lighten it up.

And CMO is dead on about deleting the four small squares to delete the circles, they were there to match the legs on the original... and those legs are no longer there.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:38 PM
You speak Chinese here!

So if I put in very clear the 4 small rounds, they will be more?

Edit :

And I'm what?? O_O

Alchemist
#8 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:32 AM
You must modify the uv map for the flat mesh (the shadow mesh). The existing mesh is mapped to the texture you posted in your message.

You can use the Texture Coordinate Editor in MilkShape, or UV Mapper, or many others to modify the UV mapping. Here is one basic tutorial on UV Mapping: http://<br /> http://sims2wiki.inf...Meshing_Part_IV

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 9:10 AM
Finally I put the feet

Another question, how to make recolorable?

I explain in the game, the 3 models are all the same color and I know why.