Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:25 PM
lol, ok.
The wake up anim. True target points to snap (slot number). False as well. So, for its false, I pointed it to a new snap(slot number) instead and for the number I typed 1. thinking, 1 is my container slot, 0 is the original one.
So I added a snap(slot number 1) to the behave. Then, i added its own flip sim around, and its own get out anim. That new get out anim I ticked flipped.
Did not work.
Of course it didn't work, the sim will wake up no matter what! There is no room for a false wake up..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
just a girl
#52 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Of course it didn't work, the sim will wake up no matter what! There is no room for a false wake up..

Now I'm confused.
Your previous explanation makes sense, though. It should have worked. I guess there's some tiny little detail lurking somewhere.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:04 PM
Sorry! What i meant is that, there is no use in having a false target on the wakeup anim line. I think. because in the original behave, both tru and false point to one option. As in, there is a chance that wakeup is false? How would this even happen...unless a comatose sim.
I think a different false should be for the snap, not for the wakeup. So I tried that afterwards, using the advise you gave me to set the TEST ONLY to true. Then, the snap was allowed to be false, and the other snap could be chosen. but that alone, stopped the normal get out to be able to perform.

just a girl
#54 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Lamare : 6th May 2018 at 8:48 PM.
I see. Try this:

If the first snapping attempt fails, you lead it to the second. Not from the animation.

Also, I'd change it to "ask person to move: True" (I see it in bed's BHAV, might be useful) by setting operand 4 to 02.

(As you can see I also removed junk data from operands (65 BD 95 11). It may or may not be important in this case.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 6th May 2018 at 10:00 PM.
OMG...I got it. ETA I saw your message, but wanted to try one more thing before I followed what you said in post 54. And what you said looked like what i did. lol
What I did :
never mind, I am way to in shock...take a look at my new edit instead..ok? That will say everything as I might not be able to explain properly. lol

just a girl
#56 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Lamare : 6th May 2018 at 9:05 PM.
When you wrote this: "So, I made the false point to a new snap(slot number, mine) and then go to get out." I didn't realize you meant false point of animation, I assumed you stuck new snap after previous snap failure. And I thought THAT didn't work. And things got confused from there. Sorry.

-------
I changed a few things: fixed Snap, added idling (for a sim to wait if something is blocking the way), removed duplicate getting out animation. Try it now. It should work
Attached files:
File Type: zip  EditedLittle-House_Toddler-Bed_By_Rosie (3).zip (139.8 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:06 PM
Before I try, I will wait to see if you edit your post, as I posted my new WORKING one while you were probably fixing the old one...lol

just a girl
#58 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:10 PM
LOL. We edit our posts so much in this thread, they get out of sync. What do we do now? Would you like me to look at the new file in your post #55?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
LOL. We edit our posts so much in this thread, they get out of sync. What do we do now? Would you like me to look at the new file in your post #55?

I posted it instead of having to explain what I did that made it work. So if you want to see what I did and compare it to the template, be my guest! It is now working as I wanted and i am SO happpppy.

just a girl
#60 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:24 PM
You left the first snap with "TEST ONLY: True" and it works anyway?
I would really suggest you to look at what I did, but it's your call. The most important thing that worries me is that if the line 17 [Snap to slot #1] fails, a sim does not get out and the interaction just ends with that poor guy stuck in the bed. Should both sides be blocked by something (even temporarily by another sim), it WILL result in a stuck sim.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:29 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 6th May 2018 at 9:50 PM.
But..wouldn't it happen anyway with any other object?
If it fails, it goes back to the same line as if it fails originally. And originally, it does work.
But you still suggest to add an idle-wait a bit then try again lines?
Wow..ok, I looked at your package. How did you make it work without adding a flipped getout anim ?..or maybe my package does not even use the added flipped get out anim.
My package did not use the second get out anim, I added it for nothing.
I removed it and fixed the true/false targets and it still works.
So now, the only differences between our packages, is the test only true and the added idle.

just a girl
#62 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:52 PM
But..wouldn't it happen anyway with any other object?

Not if maxis/modders have got this situation covered, which they usually do. If a sim can't get out of a normal bed, he doesn't get stuck, he waves at you and waits for his path to clear out.

I looked into maxis pet bed and, you're right, there is an oversight, originally. Actually, I remember a few times when my toddlers got stuck in a pet bed and I had to use moveobjects to take them out. Now I know exactly why it happens and can fix it. I think, you should fix it for your bed, too. It might be a rare situation (someone blocked a way out of bed), but maybe non that rare, if you think of it.

or maybe my package does not even use the added flipped get out anim.

^ This. It would only be used, if the first animation fails to play, and there is no reason why it should fail.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:00 PM
Well, I love to learn new stuff. Thank you.
Now both packages are the same. I added the idle, and set back test only to false.
I think I'm all done now!
I'll be able to make a bunch of new models too...

just a girl
#64 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:04 PM
Congrats You deserve one of these:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 6th May 2018 at 10:07 PM
I could not have made it without your help! or maybe i would have, but would have taken me half a year...ahah!
So thank you so much again, for your help, time, testing, post editing..and all these things ending in ing!.

Page 3 of 3