Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:02 PM
Default Can't change Roads
Create A World. i have been working for a few months now on my first world, but i have one problem i can't seem to get the road texture to change. i need some dirt roads for back roads. i have hunted and hunted the web for some clue of what i am doing wrong. I found this page ( CAW Custom Roads Tutorial by Richdre @ BMC Pasted from <http://ts3cc.canadian-forum.com/t1456-caw-custom-roads-tutorial-by-richdre-bmc> )
and did everything it said to do but still i have the same road with sidewalk i can't figure out what i am doing wrong. if someone could lead me to some pages that might be of some help i would appreciate it so much.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:16 PM
Are you doing this bit?
Quote:
One other thing to note. You need to right click on your custom road and select make active every time you open the road panel. If you close the panel and then come back later it is not active until you make it active

That's the bit I always forgot.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:19 PM
Which road texture do you want to change, the base game street one? This is only possible by default replacement of those textures, you cannot change them in CAW.
Did you create your own custom street in CAW as it is described in the tutorial you linked? Did you remember to make them active before placing the roads (by right-click on them and chose make active or something like that, my game is localised).
Maybe you could attach a screenshot of your custom road settings? Or describe more detailed what you did and what does not work as intended?

[edit] Ah, you beat me :-)