Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:37 PM
Default Short Story, Short Life
I always thought that from the day Elissa was born, my life would be fulfilled, and Liam would move in with me and there'd be a happily ever after.

How wrong I was...

I got up from bed and looked at the alarm clock; all I could think of was, "SH*T, I'm late for work!" I quickly threw on some clothes and ran to Bedford Boulevard.
Once I got there, I had to wait for about thirty minutes until I finally saw some customers dropping by. Some were the usual, but most of them looked like new clients. One of them decided to purchase my service and off we went.
~~~
I got home late (as usual, of course) and found Elissa, my toddler girl, all scratched up and sitting in the bathtub. I got really scared because I DID walk in with the front door unlocked, but I usually made that mistake a bunch of times. Quickly I grabbed her and asked her what happened. She simply replied to me in babyish words.
"Saw wou come in." She quietly and nervously said, almost like a whisper or murmur.
"Huh? Honey, I was at work. Who hurt you like this?"
"They sad dat dey were wou, mommy."
"It wasn't me... tell me what happened, please!" Now I was REALLY panicked.
"Person had big knife and almost hurt me." Elissa struggled at saying the word 'hurt'. Elissa continued, "But dey no sound like wou, mommy. Dey ask for a key..."
"What kind of key?"
"A gowld-en key."
"Why did they want it? How did they scratch you up, Elissa? I don't want you to be frightened, but..."
"I no know where key was, so I said nothing. But dey, dat person, dey got mad and... and..." Elissa started crying a little. I assured her and she got back on track. "Dey hit me."
"They hit you, Elissa?!"
"Nevermind. But dey hurt me.."
"Elissa, DID THEY HIT YOU?"
"Y-Yes..." Elissa sniffed and started bawling her eyes out. "Dey wanted to see you!! Dey said they know you, and wou.... that wou know them, too. But I didn't know where you was, mommy! And den they hurt me and put me in shower!"
I sighed, and I grabbed the house phone. But it wasn't there anymore, so I had to use my cell phone to call the police.
~~~
"I am sorry, but all we can do is try to find the criminal. There's just not enough evidence, too. Well, we can question Elissa, but she's only a toddler, and that might confuse everyone, not just her." Officer Demi broke the news to me. I groaned and almost screamed, but I kept my mouth shut.
"Unfortunately, we discovered that YOU have been selling... well, not to upset you, but I do wonder if you knew that prostitution is illegal..."

Great. The only way to support me was by that. Suddenly, I ran to the toilet and barfed up in it. Prison, maybe?! Community service? This was just all wrong now. Why, why did this grief have to occur? Ack!
~~~
Diary,
I am on probation, but what sucks is that I keep barfing up in the toilet. Gosh, I hate life! All this stress just results in vomitting. I feel sick.
-Anne

TO BE CONTINUED
[have to eat]

ENTJ