Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 3:57 AM
Default Animations for Dried or Edible Food
Hi, I have installed some cute edible food for my sims to eat. The thing is, my sims eat them too fast - two or three bites and they're done! Is there I way I can change it so that the animations cycle through several times so that my sims get to enjoy eating it for longer? I was thinking of using the NRaas Retuner. Would that work? If so, what would I edit and where would I find it? If not, is at all possible to change it somehow anyway?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 10:33 AM
@Melody In Rhyme you'd actually have to change the animations for that, now since sims eat their finger foods in a couple bites, and not have several different animations of them eating whatever they're eating, you'll need to animate them eating more bites in one whole animation. So to replace the animation, I would suggest exporting the original from the fullbuild0.package file and importing it into Blender 3D, then making them eat slower and then exporting the animation out of Blender, without getting rid of the IK targets (which are really important to keep in these types of animations) and finally importing the animation into a new S3PE file. And to make that work in game, it has to go in the overrides folder inside your mods folder.
Now, if you don't have a clue of what I just said, I can help you more if you're still willing to do all that

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Melody In Rhyme : 27th Feb 2019 at 6:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
@Melody In Rhyme you'd actually have to change the animations for that, now since sims eat their finger foods in a couple bites, and not have several different animations of them eating whatever they're eating, you'll need to animate them eating more bites in one whole animation. So to replace the animation, I would suggest exporting the original from the fullbuild0.package file and importing it into Blender 3D, then making them eat slower and then exporting the animation out of Blender, without getting rid of the IK targets (which are really important to keep in these types of animations) and finally importing the animation into a new S3PE file. And to make that work in game, it has to go in the overrides folder inside your mods folder.
Now, if you don't have a clue of what I just said, I can help you more if you're still willing to do all that

Thank you so much! I am willing to try modding this. I'm a total newbie but I do learn pretty quickly.

I found the FullBuild0.package from the game and made a copy of it to a work folder. I think when you said to export it, you mean to use S3PE (but please let me know if I'm wrong!), so I loaded it in. Right now, I'm looking for the animation for this (it's a CLIP file?). I'm a bit overwhelmed at all the files I'm looking at so it might take a bit to search for it. If you have a ballpark idea of where I might find the animation for it in this file, please let me know!
Trainee Moderator
#4 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 6:41 PM
No problem! I'm glad to help too

Yes, you use S3PE to export the animations, which are CLIP files, to make it easier just click on "tag" and then "name" to organize them. I tried looking in the fullbuild0 file and the deltabuild file but I can't seem to find the animations of the sims eating the food, the only thing that I could think of is that they're somewhere around the "eat" animations. The animation should be called something like "a2o_[animationName]_x" (and make sure to export the "x" animation when you do find them).

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 2:30 AM Last edited by Melody In Rhyme : 28th Feb 2019 at 3:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
No problem! I'm glad to help too

Yes, you use S3PE to export the animations, which are CLIP files, to make it easier just click on "tag" and then "name" to organize them. I tried looking in the fullbuild0 file and the deltabuild file but I can't seem to find the animations of the sims eating the food, the only thing that I could think of is that they're somewhere around the "eat" animations. The animation should be called something like "a2o_[animationName]_x" (and make sure to export the "x" animation when you do find them).

Thanks for narrowing down the search! I didn't find anything specific for dried food or morsels, but I did find animations for eating harvested food. I thought about it and the animations are similar and may well be one and the same. So I'm going to extract those tomorrow and install Blender. I'll report back what I've found out (and probably ask you more questions.) Thanks again!
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 9:16 PM
I'm guessing those are the right animations, good luck then tomorrow!