Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:40 PM
Default Email subscriptions, registrations and other site changes
Hi All,

Email notifications:

I've restored the email subscriptions functionality, so you will now start to see emails coming through to your mailbox for threads that are replied to now.

Please note that I have added an automatic process whereby if email going to you bounces, it will delete any and all thread subscriptions you have. There's no point wasting server resources to generate emails going to addresses that don't work

This also means that "Lost Password" links should work again.

Downloads:

Also, if you get problems download or seeing thumbnails try the following:

- Click on User Tools
- Click on Edit Options
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Use Alternative Downloads"
- Click Save Changes

Registrations:

I have turned back on the feature that sends an email to confirm registration at this site. When you first register (this is for NEW people only) you will be sent an email with confirmation. You will not be allowed to post until you read the email and click on the link within.

Final words:

We thank everybody who has been patient in the move to our new hosting - everything is setup now as it should be. Thanks to everybody who donated to fund the move and to everybody since and just... well, everybody

Regards,
Delphy
MTS2 Site Owner

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:46 PM
and thank you for doing all the work! :p
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 12:59 PM
Thank you all for doing such great work on this site, and thanks to all who post here. I'm learning alot through all the hard work that is done here
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 1:58 PM
Thank you for making such a great place even better.

Teresa
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:28 PM
Yay! That was fast!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:51 PM
thnx Delphy
how many day's is it to your birth day?
than it's the big 30
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 3:29 PM
We Luv You all xxx
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 6:09 PM
Dear Delphy,

Thanks a bunch.

:bow2:

This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
Elmer Davis - 1890-1958
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 6:58 PM
crazy4sims

12 days.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:18 PM
thank you so much for doing all of this! im so happy to be apart of this site.
What just happend?
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:44 PM
Cheers Delphy. Agghh, 30, so young yet so talented. Makes me feel Very OLD. Oh shoot! I forgot, I AM very old (LOL)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 1:44 AM
Congratulation on a job well done, and thanks bunches, Delphy. :clap:
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:06 AM
Thanks as always Delphy *huggles*
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 5:52 AM
Yes, thank you, I appreciate this site very much!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 7:52 AM
Three cheers for Delphy!!
:D

20% of the world uses 80% of the worlds resources.
Just a reminder.
~spread some peace today~
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:14 AM
once in a while a change is good, excellent work Delphy
Instructor
#17 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 4:12 PM
great work thanks xxxx
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 9:52 PM
Yayness. . . .You all rock. . .
Field Researcher
#19 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:26 AM
thank you delphy :lovestruc ..... and happy early birthday!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 6:53 PM
Thanks kind sir!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 8:07 PM
Delphy and the MTS2 staff,
Thanks for all you do! This is a great site, and lots of fun! :salute:

Wilson:"House! Why did you let your unstable patient roam the hallways?"

House:"His leash broke!"
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 2:46 AM
Thank you having this place and for making it possible for us all. I truly appreciate your and the teams efforts.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for making a site that even us old folks can understand. This is the best site on the web for Sims2 and you and everyone are very helpful when we have a problem.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 8:28 PM
Thank you so very much for all the work you do. It is greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 12:39 AM
First off thank you for making the best sims2 site ever.

And on another note....
I was actually sad to see the adult forum go... it is very rare to get such a wide variety of backgrounds together to talk about adult subjects and who happen to be interested in video games. It certainly did make things more interesting, and I did frequent at least the forums more cause there was always some off the wall thing that someone was going to post there.

You said that the "special" adult chatroom channel would be an alternative, however if I've learned anything in the world of the internet, chat rooms rarely produce decent conversations and quickly devolve sometimes to nonsense in comparison to forum based conversations. I guess it is all relative but I find forums to be a more intelligent and better paced format IMO.

I am slightly concerned that this might be a change of pace by you Delphy that will eventually lead to the closing off all adult content. peroid. I'm hoping that this isn't some sort of neo-conservatism spreading into this site.... cause if it is I will have to leave much to my dismay.....last thing I want to do is spend time in place that at first will seem just a bit cautious and safe by parents standards, spreading next to religion, morals, and then finally to the extremism of hate.....I've seen it happen before. Hope I'm just being paranoid.

I'm not trying to be particularly critical, I realize that this is a private site and you can do what you want with it, including that you could ban me permantly at a whim if you wanted to, I don't think it would be very nice to of course, as I think I'm trying to be more helpful then a nuisance.
Page 1 of 2