Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:04 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:27 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Solved: Trying to Set up Simpe for Ultimate collection
Ok So I'm just gonna jump in, I have Ultimate collection and have been trying to make recolors but only certain objects show up, which according to various people and post means it thinks I don't have things installed right . Also the memory thing doesn't show up right. Here are the memories for Angela pleasant So I've been trying to follow this tutorial Setting Up SimPE for Ultimate Collection However I hit a slight bump it says I need a DDS thing which I download but every time I try to install it asks me to register using name and organization? Can I just put my name and than windows? And if anybody out there as been through this and figured out any help is appreciated .

Times like this wish I kept windows vista and regular discs :/ instead of Windows 8,
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 9:33 PM
Which version do you have? 0.72, 0.73, 0.73 with the GUID fix by Quaxi, or the 0.75 version by Quaxi (the fix and 0.75 version should be somewhere inthis topic).

I think the 0.75 version has UC compatibility included. 0.73 doesn't but it's possible to set it up for UC with a bit of tweaking. 0.72 doesn't have M&G unless you install the M&G fix for it, and I'm not sure if you can get UC to work properly with it.

DDS/DXT plugin is here, should be directly downloadable without having to register anything. Right-click the "DDS Utilities 8.31 (Windows)" and do "save as" to your desktop, then double-click the EXE file to install. Not sure if they've changed anything, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to register anything when I installed it last (back in 2012).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Which version do you have? 0.72, 0.73, 0.73 with the GUID fix by Quaxi, or the 0.75 version by Quaxi (the fix and 0.75 version should be somewhere inthis topic).

I think the 0.75 version has UC compatibility included. 0.73 doesn't but it's possible to set it up for UC with a bit of tweaking. 0.72 doesn't have M&G unless you install the M&G fix for it, and I'm not sure if you can get UC to work properly with it.

DDS/DXT plugin is here, should be directly downloadable without having to register anything. Right-click the "DDS Utilities 8.31 (Windows)" and do "save as" to your desktop, then double-click the EXE file to install. Not sure if they've changed anything, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have to register anything when I installed it last (back in 2012).

Ok So I thought I had 0.73 with the fix turns out was 0.72 so I took that out. And downloaded the 0.75 by Quaxi I had the foresight to create a seprate folder in my downloads which thank Gods because when I opened it there was a whole bunch a stuff I have no Idea what to do with

And yes that is the DDS/DXT plugin I have an still prompts me to register

and this is what happens when I hit next without entering anything
Screenshots
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:18 AM
Can't you just type anything there?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 20th Feb 2019 at 4:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can't you just type anything there?

That's what I'm trying to find out

Slight Update: decided to take a chance and run the 0.75 application, and it works! Memories look fine and all objects appear to be in workshop. Still no answer on the DDS though
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:14 PM
I reinstalled my game and SimPE on new computer week or two ago and just wrote whatever to the organization screen, it installed just fine like that. I guess they're not expecting normal users to have use for that so they ask the organization name for such purposes.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 11:41 PM
The 0.75 is a no-install version, so what you do is to put the entire 0.75 folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" location (or wherever else is convenient - this one can even run from your desktop), and if need be you can make a shortcut for it on the desktop (right-click the "SimPE.exe" file, click "make shortcut" - OR you can click-drag the EXE file to the desktop while holding in ALT - the arrow will say "make shortcut" instead of "move to")
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 1:31 AM Last edited by Katie Turner : 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:26 AM.
Quote:
I reinstalled my game and SimPE on new computer week or two ago and just wrote whatever to the organization screen, it installed just fine like that. I guess they're not expecting normal users to have use for that so they ask the organization name for such purposes.

Thank you it worked

Quote:
The 0.75 is a no-install version, so what you do is to put the entire 0.75 folder in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" location (or wherever else is convenient - this one can even run from your desktop), and if need be you can make a shortcut for it on the desktop (right-click the "SimPE.exe" file, click "make shortcut" - OR you can click-drag the EXE file to the desktop while holding in ALT - the arrow will say "make shortcut" instead of "move to")

Thank you I decided to have the 0.75 folder in Documents and pinned the "SimPE.exe" to my taskbar. Thank you so much for the help lately.