Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:30 PM
I have trouble figuring out what to do with my elders, too. Once they have all their skills maxed out and have studied everything that can be studied, I tend to lose interest in them.Often I have them live with one of their kids and help take care of their grandchildren.

It can be a fun challenge to have a family support itself by gardening, or doing some of the crafts.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:14 PM
I´m thinking about building some sort of special buildings with a store downstairs with an apartment upstairs for elders that wont live with their children. So that they can provide the hood with snapdragons and water wigglers. But have to build a test version first and see how it goes

After my realization that I had a lot of teenagers in different ages and some of them needed to pair up I made an excel-sheet with the teenagers name, age and who they were into if they had a love interest. Only two couples had such a big age difference that I plan to split them up, Regor Ny and Ellen Magnussim, not a huge gap, but five days make quite a difference in my hood since they spend eight "regular" days on campus. And Renee Svan and Isak Castaneda, four days. But I think some days together on campus will make all the difference and Regor and Rene already have some bolts.

And hopefully Andrew, Verner, Kaj, Samson, Castor and Pollux have a big chance of becoming gay/bi. I randomize that but it is very likely to become bi and equally likely to be straight or gay.

In the hood! Max Essex and Gunnel Battler went on a date and then Gunnels sister Blenda called and asked if Max wanted to hang out downtown, he said yes, not realizing that it meant that he was introduced to all of the family. It went okay, but mostly because Gunnel and Max spent all their time together and the others mingled among themselves. The Essex household is quite strained with two teens, one child, two toddlers, two adults and one cat but they manage, might have to rebuild it again (they already moved once) if dads wish of marrying off six children can be realized. It also means that Max actually have to marry instead of follow in his aunts footsteps as a true romance sim.

At the "first" Gratton household Cornelia threw two good parties in one day and soon she will fulfill her LTW of having 20 best friends (a first for me!). Alex Gratton was cheating on Amanda again (she is still on campus) this time with Johanna Girardet (lovely legacy heir with boyfriend, greek-house sister to Amanda). And he still have trouble finding a job within the slacker career. The household consists of Cornelia, mother, and Alex and Kevin- Her adult, unmarried sons. Silla and Gisela have their older red-haired men further up the street.

Nothing really interesting happened at the Battler household, their dog is still the breadwinner of the family but quite stable considering the household now have four teenagers and one dog. No parents.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:00 AM
What I do with my Elders is have them help with the children of the household, I usually have a number of them for the Elders to help with.

I like the idea of having Elders live together and having a home business. I would not have an Apartment as I don't think a home business would work very well then, rather just have a large house with the upstairs be the old folk's residence and the ground floor be the sales area, have the work area for the crafting stations on the ground level too I think.

Sell Flowers and Toys, and robots too I think. Also is there pottery that you can sell? Or any other crafting thing?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 3:29 PM
Two parties in one day, that's quite an accomplishment. Cornelia should be a party planner.

I had a household where the cat was the breadwinner for a long time, until Lenny Kravitz finally stopped getting fired and starting making good money.

Another thing I've done with elders is move them into an apartment/retirement home. Then I'd have their grandkids come to visit and clean house for them. That way it helped build their relationships and the kids gained some skills.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 9:23 PM
@lordtyger9 yes, the pottery enterprise I think would be really good for elders to do but perhaps not as interesting to buy for the rest of the hood

Now I have finished playing one semester of the university (this is SLOW when I only have a limited amount of time to play) and some semi-interesting things happened, Bella and Rene Swan went downtown for some sisterly bonding, sang some karaoke and gossiped.
Deneb Ny showed his shy side at the microphone, or just grumpy and not very high on creativity. Deneb and Roger Battler really have a nice household, when they moved to university I cast them to the same house as it was limited room at the greek house(and Deneb being on enemy terms with Rogers sister Veronica). Now they play a lot of soccer, make each other dinners and have double dates with their girlfriends.

Speaking of girlfriends, Bella Svan have some issues with remembering which twin she actually triple-bolt date, and that is Deneb and not Io. But it seems like they are aware that their flirting is sketchy since I only found them in odd rooms, and in the bathroom. ACR, what are you doing to the pixels?

Next semester (one day in hood=one semester) will Amanda the good witch and Bella Svan graduate (hurray!) but I need to figure out where they are going to move when they return to the hood. I will have some time until them as I have a lot of households to play and a limited amount of time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:56 PM
In the hood, the Girardet family are still trying to adapt since both Ophelia and Amin are elders now and Johanna is at campus. Ophelia wen on an outing with her girlfriends, all went well until Helena Dahl attacked Martina Hult (as expected). Helena was then kindly asked to leave the outing and the merriment continued. Mainly by gossiping in the hot tub. Mrs Holk (dont remenber her first name at the moment) later came by with an ugly panda chair so it´s still a bit unclear if it was a good evening or not.
Most of the time, when the Girardets are not at work or throwing parties, Ophelia paints and Amin plays the violin or the piano next to her. The animals in the household plays with each other and is not a great substitute to their daughter.

The Dahl household, with three pleasure sims and one responsible family sim, had a blast! Bit of partying, bit of dating, a walk in the outdoors with wasps coming after them on their way home, Gustav finally became a partner at the architecture firm (I slowed his career progress down) and a good time was had by all. Per-Adam Dahl became a teenager last rotation and found his perfect matchon the next birthday celebration at the party that the Holk family threw for Tom Holk when he turned to teeanger, Tom Holk and Per-Adam Dahl are dating. Its super sweet! Hopefully I can get them to stay together for all of their lives! Since none of them are family-oriented (fortune and pleasure instead) the actual family part might be limited, I need to build some sort of housing for the couples that probably wont get any children but where it is a lot of room for friends. Perhaps two couples living together in a shared housing? But now it is a long way in the future. Per-Adam also bravely put out a fire after he accidentally put fire to the grill on the patio.

At the Ny household a new star is on the rising. The only girl in the household, Cassiopeja, now has a good reputation due to a very successful date with Jon Magnussim and all around pleasant behavior. She also maxed out her hobby-interest in arts and crafts and still has two days to go until she leaves home for university. Sirius Ny went from child to teenager and I had such trouble with deciding his aspiration, I assumed knowledge at first since he is the youngest and have a lot of them in the family. But then I looked closer to his personality. He is serious, but also nice, neat, outgoing and active. So he instead became a family sim with a popularity secondary. Due to him being the youngest in a large family and therefore appreciating that.

Regor Ny went to university, where he soon will be joined by Tommy Hult, and I have no idea what to do with him. A middle child, no particular features, knowledge aspiration, gaming as a hobby.. He´s got a girlfriend much younger then him so I might pair him up with René Svan instead when she is going to university next rotation. Yay for that I guess?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 8:35 PM
Wow.. Now I play a lot.

In the Hult household things are complicated but in a peaceful way. This day consisted of the five children going to school, Kari and Martina went to Martinas flower shop where Martina learned to make the snapdragon bouquet (hurray!) and I started thinking about what an excellent idea it would be to combine the flower shop with some of Karis potions as well. As a neutral witch she might be a combining link between the magical and non-magical parts of Ullerby.
Andrew Hult and Sirius Ny went on a date (two bolts) and was very sweet. I have mostly boys in the same age group so at least four gay couples will be in the hood (if they all couple up the way they are at the moment). Andrew and Sirius mostly spoke about their common favorite hobby (science), played basketball and flirted while Alfons and Blenda Battler lay in close proximity to the compost and watched the stars. And when it was time for Tommy to leave for university, it was evening and he did not have a care in the world for going but he did anyway, since Martina has a wish for three children with a university degree and he has to set a good example for his siblings. At university he grew up in a tuxedo so it was a bit more flamboyant then before. Sharing dorm with Regor Ny at the moment, they did not hit of well. Oh well. Not everyone can, to start with at least. Kari might know what to do, after all, she shared greek house with Martina and Helena Dahl. Some sort of spell might do?
And Gabriella Newson was invited home with Majvor! I am uncertain if the Newsons should move to their own house just yet, but I adore the Newsons and have waited for the right time for them to enter into the rotation.

In the first Essex (Gratton) household had a bit more of an eventful day then usual. Gisela (born Gratton)wanted to speak with her siblings (so she did) and then she wanted to befriend Martina Hult so the whole Hult family (not including the dog) was invited to the small house. Giselas husband Adam spent a lot of his time gardening and getting fired before he finally married Gisela (now he is a gardening stay-at-home dad) so the family funds have never been high. Since Gisela dated Mr Big and have a fortune aspiration this sometimes makes her grumpy and all is not due to her personality points. Gisela asked Marina to clean her house and when Dominic Ny showed up she asked him to tend to the garden, then she called for a party and invited her siblings Silla and Alex (Kevin was home with their mother Cordelia). So Marina and Dominic might not have shared the sentiment that the party was a great success, but the rest of the household guests seemed to find it agreeable enough.
After the party ended and everyone was ready for bed young Cornelius decided it was time to grow up to a child. I felt kind of bad for him until he grew up with blonde hair and black eyebrows, some sort of break in the hair mesh I guess. After it was fixed (he now has black hair as he is supposed to) the whole family went to bed and slept well until Adam decided it was time to go up and do some gardening at three in the morning. All to each own I guess. He is a bit odd.

At the Gratton (Castaneda) household everyone waited for the baby to arrive. Tobias Castaneda showed up at eight in the morning and stayed all day. Dominic Ny showed up at eleven and was also greeted with kind hugs. But they had to wait, the baby was in no hurry at all. In the mean time Edgar Gratton (born Castaneda, much older then Silla and father to her greek house sister Holiday) found a job in the slacker career and got promoted to work in a record store. He became unemployed after Maya Essex (that he also has an affair with) closed down Rock-a-Look and focused on her music career instead. It seems quite fitting that he also works with music now. But in the receiving end so to speak. Tobias and Dominic spent the day fishing and I hope they got at least one talent badge from it. And some big fishes to brag about. Silla mostly slept, tried to eat, made an evil clown in a box, and in the last hour of the rotation she finally went into labor and gave birth to baby girl Delia. Edgar and the newspaper boy were the witnesses.

The Holks have the flue. It wont go away. It is very hard to try and keep active sims in bedrest. They catches the flu as soon as they get rid of it. The dog Flinga grew up to and adult with a strange coat color and Lakshmi got promoted.

Maya Essex is well on her way to become a rock-god and her chihuahua Messiah is very demanding and it is adorable. And being a aspiring rock god one must start to build a reputation, she took a sweep in the local stores and community centers and greatly impressed some of the other residents with her rock riff in bathing clothes (300 for one hour playing is not bad) and brought herself a whole new wardrobe at Rock-a-Look (to good not to use). After selling Rock-a-Look to focus on her music her other.. activities.. also increased, and she now has five lovers at once, not the hoods record as Jesper Svan beats her with having six lovers. But he has the advantage of being a knowledge sim with a romance secondary.
Edgar Gratton dropped by, they sat in the hot tub but no action this time, it might be because of his newborn at home or the fact that Mayas transportation to work came when it did. It might be a combination. When she got home from work it was with a promotion and a notice that she had earned 100 000. A large chunk of that comes from selling Rock-a-Look, but it is still a big achievement from a lazy romance sim. She has 11 days remaining until she becomes an elder and I think she might have to take one of Reeves children in with her since their house is kind of crowded. Perhaps Max as he is also a romance sim. Or if Reeve all of a sudden would be against having a gay child, but I have not played with homophobia in my game and don't really see a reason to start now.

Having played a lot for the last couple of days, I still have six households to go of the rotation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM
Just continuing

In the third Essex household, with Reve as the father, it was quite an eventful day. Max went on his second date with Gunnel Battler, at the local community center. Max also brought Samson and Ossian since he thought that they needed to get out of the house. They made out for the first time. Everyone agrees that Gunnel is to good for Max, but young love. What to do about it? I left Ossian to his own devices, only guiding him to say hello to their neighbors when they dropped by, and he was quite chill. Mostly hanging around, danced hula, thew a few darts, was polite.
Samson made food and got to know Cordelia Gratton a bit better, she is after all his cousins grandmother. They are not friends yet but they seemed to get along well until she tried to complement him. He did not approve. All the while he wished for his first kiss, and being a family sim I guess it is only fair. That's why the Ny twins in the appropriate ages was invited when they left the community center to go home. He had one bolt with one of them (Castor or Pollux I don't remember atm) and after he checked him out Castor (let's say it was Castor for simplicity) charmed him with a kiss down the arm (ACR) so Samson asked him on a date. It went quite well after a while, they were not friends before the date so that was one obstacle to overcome. But after the first kiss-cut scene (LOVE it when it happens!) it was a free sailing.
The twin sisters in the family, Dina and Reva, had a nice birthday party with all close relatives attending and Helena and Gustaf Dahl for ensured success (Martina Hult was not there so Helena behaved). Not all toddler skills was learned, but it is not always the case.
Deciding against for Max to move in with his aunt Maya (for now at least) Reve asked his brother Adam to take care of their cat. I'm not sure what Gisela will think of this but I am sure that Cornelius will be very happy, it will also give them a reason to invite Dina and Reva to the house so the cousins at the same day and age will get to know each other.
In order to ensure the sixth child, chimes was herd later in the night (I did not even think about adoption, unfortunately).

In the main Gratton house Cordelia, Alex and Kevin carry on in a quite care-free way. Cordelia mostly want to make friends and throw parties and being retired few things are stopping her. She might not have many days left as an elder so a big priority is for her to invite Gisela and Silla as often as she can. Kevin only have one promotion left until he reaches his LTW of becoming a media magnate so he mostly went to work and skilled. Alex is still out of luck when it comes to finding a position in the slacker career so instead he paints and was able to sell a masterpiece. During the afternoon the brothers went to the City (standard maxis, I have not made any improvements) where Alex met with the townie Jan Tellerman who he has a crush on, and being Alex he wohooed with her in the photo-booth (ACR). Kevin danced, went bowling and took over the DJ position for a while. Later in the evening Alex got a call from another townie claiming that Jan had such a good time that he wanted to go on an outing. Alex went and then everyone went fishing and had a nice time, but could have reached an higher grade if Alex threw modesty aside and flirted a bit more with Jan instead. To his credit, right after he flirted with Jan he wanted to call Amanda and then tell her an inside joke. But I am not sure that Amanda wants to stay with him when she get's to Ullerby from university. He still lives with his mother, has no job, get an income as an artist and three lovers (not including Amanda). Time will tell.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
ACR can definitely add a bit of chaos to your game!

That was funny about the panda chair and not being sure if it means a good outing or a bad one.
I like your idea of combining the flower shop with potions.
I loved the Newsons when I played them. I'm glad you do, too.
Obviously Adam's real love is gardening and not working, so I'm glad he can stay home now with the kids and his garden.
I've had the hair glitch happen, too. I think it happens because the sim ages up with a certain hair, but that hair is not enabled for the age group. It seems like it always defaults to blonde.
Maya is just getting started. She might beat Jesper's record for lovers at some point.

You really got a lot of playing done. I enjoyed the update.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 3:27 PM
@existerande I am back to posting as my Partner is out of the Hospital and she is home now.

Nice long update, you did get some playing done and I enjoyed reading about it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 7:15 PM
Thank you @Cher64 and @lordtyger9 for your comments I´m sorry to hear about your partner lordtyger9, hope you will be free from the hospital moving forward!

Now I have been playing and not posting again, so some things have happened

Thanks to my excel-document about the teenagers in Ullerby, I notices that Vilma Battler, Verner Magnussim and Kaj Magnussim did not have a partner so i had Bo Battler invite his boyfriend Uno Magnussim, together with his single siblings. Vilma and Kaj had three bolts! Since Vilma wanted her first kiss (family sim) she asked Kaj on a date. It went very well, they became friends and then some more. Vilma is three days older then Kaj but I think they will go to university together anyway, perhaps Castor Ny and Verner can be a couple? Anyway, the Battlers are a nice family to play, now with four teenagers. but they always invite their siblings from university home to help them study and to continue to build their relationships to each other. They have quite a few memories of "family parties". One of my favorite memories in the game.

The Castanedas are a bit of a struggle, Viola has not found her LTW wish job of within the law career, she is currently in politics and got demoted from a chance card. Tobias was within journalism but now he started within education instead. They have 12 days until they become elder, so they can still choose and develop some more. Currently Tobias develops his interest in food and Viola spend a lot of her time fishing, so that is a nice combination. Perhaps a restaurant in their future? I have never played one of those as a family business. Their son Isak is getting to know Ellen Magnussim a bit better (since my plan is for them to become a couple at university) at the same time as he canodles his girlfriend René Svan. During this rotation both Viola and Isak had some issues with the shower and sink, but they tinkered on! No Castaneda is calling the repairman!

At the Magnussim residence I had some interesting developments. Susanna (my least favorite sim as I have complained before) have the grilled cheese aspiration and it is going above my expectations! She went downtown and talked to people about grilled cheese, Gustaf Dahl actually seemed interested, but he is really nice. She later invited Jesper Svan home. He asked if he could bring a friend, Susanna said yes and he brought Maya Essex! Cute soon Maya and Jesper started to flirt and make out with Maya. Apparently my jealousy settings in ACR are quite generous, Susanna did not react on these advances on her beloved Jesper. She did however seem a bit sad to be left out since she wanted to talk to Maya and hug Jesper when they were busy with each other. Wh nschool ended almost all of the teens brought a friend home from school so it was a lot of sims on the lot but nothing above average happened. The main income for the family now is the arcade that is the gamin career reward.

The Svan household have some issues with the three dogs, one of the dogs is on negative relationship with the other two, this means that there is no puppies to be had for a while at least. Grandfather Svan is a free ranging ghost as I could not picture knowledge-sim Jesper to leave his grandfather at the cemetery when he could have him in the house. René wanted to throw a party (ehrm.. she at least threw a party) and invited Eva Dahl (her brother Edvins crush),Tom Holk, Isak Castaneda, Sirius Ny and Regor Ny. It went quite well, grandpa seemed to think so to.

That was one complete rotation! University next!
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by existerande
Thank you @Cher64 and @lordtyger9 for your comments I´m sorry to hear about your partner lordtyger9, hope you will be free from the hospital moving forward!

Now I have been playing and not posting again, so some things have happened

Thanks to my excel-document about the teenagers in Ullerby, I notices that Vilma Battler, Verner Magnussim and Kaj Magnussim did not have a partner so i had Bo Battler invite his boyfriend Uno Magnussim, together with his single siblings. Vilma and Kaj had three bolts! Since Vilma wanted her first kiss (family sim) she asked Kaj on a date. It went very well, they became friends and then some more. Vilma is three days older then Kaj but I think they will go to university together anyway, perhaps Castor Ny and Verner can be a couple? Anyway, the Battlers are a nice family to play, now with four teenagers. but they always invite their siblings from university home to help them study and to continue to build their relationships to each other. They have quite a few memories of "family parties". One of my favorite memories in the game.

The Castanedas are a bit of a struggle, Viola has not found her LTW wish job of within the law career, she is currently in politics and got demoted from a chance card. Tobias was within journalism but now he started within education instead. They have 12 days until they become elder, so they can still choose and develop some more. Currently Tobias develops his interest in food and Viola spend a lot of her time fishing, so that is a nice combination. Perhaps a restaurant in their future? I have never played one of those as a family business. Their son Isak is getting to know Ellen Magnussim a bit better (since my plan is for them to become a couple at university) at the same time as he canodles his girlfriend René Svan. During this rotation both Viola and Isak had some issues with the shower and sink, but they tinkered on! No Castaneda is calling the repairman!

At the Magnussim residence I had some interesting developments. Susanna (my least favorite sim as I have complained before) have the grilled cheese aspiration and it is going above my expectations! She went downtown and talked to people about grilled cheese, Gustaf Dahl actually seemed interested, but he is really nice. She later invited Jesper Svan home. He asked if he could bring a friend, Susanna said yes and he brought Maya Essex! Cute soon Maya and Jesper started to flirt and make out with Maya. Apparently my jealousy settings in ACR are quite generous, Susanna did not react on these advances on her beloved Jesper. She did however seem a bit sad to be left out since she wanted to talk to Maya and hug Jesper when they were busy with each other. Wh nschool ended almost all of the teens brought a friend home from school so it was a lot of sims on the lot but nothing above average happened. The main income for the family now is the arcade that is the gamin career reward.

The Svan household have some issues with the three dogs, one of the dogs is on negative relationship with the other two, this means that there is no puppies to be had for a while at least. Grandfather Svan is a free ranging ghost as I could not picture knowledge-sim Jesper to leave his grandfather at the cemetery when he could have him in the house. René wanted to throw a party (ehrm.. she at least threw a party) and invited Eva Dahl (her brother Edvins crush),Tom Holk, Isak Castaneda, Sirius Ny and Regor Ny. It went quite well, grandpa seemed to think so to.

That was one complete rotation! University next!

Pretty much all of your Sims are doing well. I always try my best to get 3 bolts, 3 bolts is great.
I would say that running a Resturant can be diffiicult at the beginning, so be patient and get the Customer Stars up.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd May 2018 at 4:19 PM
The greek house have had one fire, quite a few parties, Johanna Girardet maxed out her creativity, Amanda befriended Silla Gratton in order to get some information about her boyfriend (Silla did not provide) right before she graduated. She brought the house next to the Grattons since she did not want to move in with her boyfriend, his brother and his mother. Lets hope that Alex instead wants to move in with her instead of staying free and dating a lot of different people. Veronika Battler still have to struggle with her grades, but no longer on probation! Wonderful what a change in major can do.

A bit of drama also occurred in the Greek hosue. Silla Gratton (with a baby and husband at home) flirted with Io Ny who ought to know better since he is in love with Johanna Girardet and no teenage romance can really compare to a legacy heir, Johanna on her part flirted with Alex Gratton. And both of them should know better.

But what happened on one of the many parties is as big of a chock as when Kari and Martina Hult had marriage issues. The drama professor flirted with Ophelia Girardet and Amin was in the same room! And Ophelia accepted the flirt! Amin was furious and it did not matter that both Veronika Battler and Bella Svan had studied couples counseling, they refused to participate. I cant imagine what scene I will meet back at the grand house when the university rotation ends.

Bella Svan also graduated and moved in to the same house as Amanda, she did not want to live with her siblings in the hood and what better then to live with her greek house-sister. Perhaps it had something to do with that Jesper Svan lost a fight to Silla Gratton, also on her graduation party. It was probably Silla that started it, but nobody can tell for sure.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 4th May 2018 at 7:45 PM
So much is going one! I'm also curious what will happen when you get back to the grand house. Poor Amin; they had so little concern for him they did it all right in front of his face.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
In my slow continuum of playing I now finished the university. Deneb Ny and Roger Battler mostly skilled, spent some time with their girlfriends and studied. And it might have been some parties going on. I´m really struggling with the Ny siblings being friends with each other since they all are extreme alien spawn they have a mixed set of personalities that don't always go well together. So now I invite them to a lot of parties for interacting.

Tommy Hult and Regor Ny also had their first semester at university! How big they are! At first they did not get along at all. Probably because Tommy tried to be friendly to grouchy Regor. Now bothering to much about that Tommy joined the Greek house at the end of the semester and Regor chose math as his major. One party that Regor invited to as he don´t have that many friends.. Probably due to him rejecting most social interactions. He is very playful though so as long as it´s a water-balloon fight he is game. Due to some clever maneuvering they at least became friendly (not friends) at the end of the semester. Both got on the deans list.

Next rotation Eva Dahl. Edvin Svan and René Svan will join Regor in the "transition house" as I like to call the dorm. Edvin and René, being siblings to Jesper Svan might have a different view of university then what might be good for them. And Jesper will live in a single household (with two or three dogs, but anyway) and I usually don´t have that. I hope that René and Regor will have good chemistry as they are five days older then their respective teenage sweethearts. It might not sound like a lot, but trust me. No-one can be expected to stay THAT faithful during five semesters at Ulleriversitetet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM
So.. In the Girardet household things were awkward as expected. Amin was furious and had almost no positive interactions available towards Ophelia. So she apologized and then spent her time playing with the dogs. And they slept in separate beds. One of the dogs was occupying the space but I think that mostly was an excuse fro Ophelia that went to bed after Amin since he quite profoundly ignored her the whole day and instead played the piano beautifully. No parties for them this time around. The dog Vinnie was though a command by Ophelia, and she fished a bit. Time might heal this wound, depends on how they interact in other households as well. But at the moment, left to their own Johanna might not come home from university to a happy family. Not happy at all. And she is on her sixth semester.

The day was happier at the Dahl´s. At morning Eva and Per-Adam, both teenage pleasure sims mind you, respectively chose to continue on a painting and to exercise by the ballet barre. This while Gustaf played with the toy car. When Helena came home from work (she is in the oceanic explorer career so she works between 3-10 in the mornings) she greeted Kari Hult and started a pillow fight with her. Two grey-haired ladies. One being a witch. Quite good pictures. Right before Gustaf returned home from work Helena threw a party and invited Amin Girardet and Dominic Ny, being two grey haired gentlemen, and a bunch of teenagers for Per-Adam to get to know. Looking at SimPE Gustaf have 18 days as an elder, quite decent I must say! Helena will be the oldest sim in the hood before she says her goodbyes since she have 21 days remaining. The downside is that her LTW of 50 dream dates currently only have a count of 22, so more then one per day might be hard work. Even for a pleasure sim. She is already permplat, but I think the challenge might be worth it. But at least eight more days working I think might be a good idea for them both. Or until Per-Adam leaves for university (think that is in nine days). Speaking of, Eva left for university. Not yet moved in to the dorm but I cant wait to see her as YA!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 8:00 PM
Rotation rotation

In the Ny household everything was calm, all of the children are teens now and I am used to the chaos that was before (never-ending-alien-abduction-pregnancy-fun-for-all) so now I don´t really know what to do. A party was held, some teens was invited over, I forgot about the rivalry between Martina Hult and Helena Dahl so they had a fight (it was not a very good party with everyone being distracted by that). Some hobbies were discovered. I have to find a way to make Dominic's life interesting again. He is a knowledge sim, so perhaps focusing on his skill-building might be a good thing at the retirement? Or couples counseling (he who never even lost his virginity to someone else then the aliens)...

At the Hult´s things got a bit more interesting. Martina turned to elder (20 more days to live!) and threw a party that raised the roof in the middle of the day, her nine best friends over and a couple more invited when they "happened to pass by". Martina gossiped with Amin about one of the teenage fights that occurred at a previous party (how did she even know about that?). One downside was that Amin was very rude to Ophelia, so the mending I tried in their household might be doomed before the end of the rotation if this continues. Ophelia cried silently and joined a snowball fight instead. One good thing with inviting a lot of couples is usually that they spend a lot of time interacting with each other, and the Holk couple are the hood experts. This time some of the children was invited as well, contributing to the social interactions. Especially Reve Essex family, they know how to be a family even at a party. Right when the party ended the principal came for dinner. I had forgot all about it, but some leftovers in the fridge and the teens bedrooms saved the dinner and the tour. Boris and Majvor are now accepted to the private school, as their brothers. After Boris and Majvor had a nap (between 20 and 23) Alfons took them to the youth center where they filled up their fun bars, being low from school and homework. Sadly, Boris and Majvor are not best friends with their brothers yet and this might call for several outings.
After they came back and went straight to bed Castor Ny came by with a stove and thanked for a great outing. Must have been last rotation, kind of him to give a gift.. But the cheapest stove? Really? To the hoods master chef? What was he thinking.

At the "first" Essex household, Adam, Gisela (formerly Gratton) and Cornelis tried to adapt having a cat since Mojje joined them from the chaotic third Essex household (Reve´s) where they need space for the sixth child. It was sunday and Cornelis first day as a child so Adam invited Reve´s child-aged children and Boris and Majvor Hult, being next-door neighbors. And then made it to a party so everybody would leave at a good time. Further inviting Sabina, Reve and Maya. Dominic Ny passed by so he also joined the family party. Being winter and all Adam made hot chocolate and grilled cheese. It took me quite a while to remember that they have had the house locked for pets so poor Mojje had to stay outside and being hungry for most of the day. that being resolved be then promptly started sleeping at Cornelis bed. Possibly a dream for any child (I have the mod that allows children and pets sleeping together in the bed) so Mojje was allowed. Gisela got a promotion and Adam prepared the greenhouse for the next planting. Over all a good day for them, but no visit to a community lot. Cornelis had an acceptable outfit growing to a child so the need was a bit less then for most of the sims growing up.
Adams want panel is usually filled with Gisela, and today was no exception. A bit annoying when she is at work and would possibly be viewed as a bit of a stalker behavior. Being a romantic in this case I see it as Adam being so happy at finally having someone to love that he constantly think about how lucky he is to have Gisela as his wife.

Some of the households needs additional challenges so I am thinking about what is needed in the hood as it otherwise can get quite repetitive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 9:34 PM
On one side of the road its the Essex-siblings that rule, on the other side of the road things are a bit more flexible.

Silla Gratton moved to Essex Road to be close to Gisela in order to have their children to grow up close together. Edgar (formerly Castaneda) have really moved up to the nice part of the hood. It does not make a difference on the sizes or anything, but living close to the first road is something special in Ullerby.
Anyway! This is one of the families that I have struggled with a bit and are trying to get a grip on it. Edgar have been sort of a care-free spirit with his face-paint and teenage daughter. Now he still have the face-paint, but his daughter is on university and now he has a new family with a much younger woman. It´s time to focus. But in a slacker way. So while Silla can pursue her culinary career (living next door to master-chef Kari Hult might help her) Edgar might start a business, selling music equipment and perhaps allow local talents to listen and play in a café setting. It´s responsible and still in accordance with his personality.

Anyway. Sillas and Edgard families participated at the party and met baby Delia. It is yet unknown if Cordelia appreciates to have two grandchildren named after her, but I think it is nice. Silla got two promotions in one day and now they have livable family funds (yay) and no need to receive gifts from relatives in the same acute way as they did before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:04 PM
Long update:

Holk: Tom Holk and Per-Adam Dahl fell in love (naw) and Kjell reached yet another goal as a business owner. Currently it is only he and Martina Hult that owns a business, but I think this will change with the coming generation from university. Tom also got to be a student in the private school, but i forgot to lock the wish so I guess it was only due to prestige and all of the money that is currently accumulating in the family.

Maya Essex: Played with her dog, invited Jesper Svan over for a quickie after failing to get laid with the maid. Visited a community lot with her nieces and nephews, got to a quite nice outing even though they failed on some social activities. One good thing was that the cousins got to meet (rather, Cornelis got to meet reves five children).

Essex nr 3. (Reeve): Max got invited to a second date by Gunnel Battler and it went very well. He now wishes for more lovers (quite a player teen if I say so) but I´m thinking about if he really is a romance sim at heart. It could all be due to the face that Gunnel is one of my favorite sims at the moment and I don´t want her to get upset. But if he only dates townies on the side it might not be a problem? Sabina showed the first signs of her last pregnancy and Reeves absurd LTW of marrying of six children might be saved. I failed in getting Sabina and Dominic Ny to become best friends during two rotations so her mad-scientist skills will have to wait, but it would have been fair of Reeve was the one getting pregnant as Sabina struggles this time, very low stamina.

Gratton: With two grown sons living with her and two responsible daughters Cornelia might show signs of distress but I guess that she thinks they have to wait until they are married before they can move out (since Kevin is gay and both Alex and Kevin are excellent in the kitchen it cant really be that she think that they are waiting for the right woman to make food for them). With or without the excellent skills in the kitchen a fire started in the early hours of the morning when Kevin was making breakfast, but the fire fighter came and sorted it out. During this drama Cornelia poured herself a drink. She might be developing a drinking problem during her time as an elder but it is too early to say something for sure. During the daily party Alex showed of his skills as three of his lovers and one of his sisters were present and the party was a great success. Mostly poker was played and Cornelia poured the drinks. When everybody went to bed, the burglar showed up and the police lost the fight and the burglar fled, fortunately without taking anything with him.

Battler: Invited a lot of friends over and invited every person passing by, including Maya Essex and Edgar Gratton (formerly Castaneda) that both managed to behave themselves. When they said their goodbyes to the guests skilling started, cooking, charisma and creativity.

First day of the hood for Amanda Ceder and Bella Svan! As newly graduated from university it is always fun to see the wants that show up. Amanda Ceder mostly wished for things regarding Io Ny that she fell in love with quite late in university. Since he and Johanna Girardet have been a thing for a while I´m not sure what to do about it. But since she also wanted to do some pottery and do some spells it was alright anyway. Bella Svan (who also have made out with Io Ny) mostly wanted to make some money, buy furniture and paintings and write a bestseller. No welcome wagon came, but they greeted Kari Hult wen she passed by. I sort of miss an interaction between witches, sort of a secret handshake. Bella was invited for an outing in the evening by one of the Ny-siblings (don't recall who) where she also met Dominic for the first time and it did not go well. They landed on a solid negative relationship (not to bad, -5 or so I think) but he did not seem to be to impressed by his probably daughter in law. Otherwise it went well and quite soon Bella, Maya Essex and Johanna Girardet formed a band and played at the community lot.

Svan: Edgar and René went to university and Jesper was left alone with the three dogs, Susanna Magnussim came by for a quickie and he skilled a bit and thought a trick to one of the dogs but otherwise quite an uneventful day for him.

University: For the sake of aging them up I moved in Edgar, René and Eva Dahl to the same dorm as Regor Ny. Eva got special treatment as I wanted to see who dropped her of, and it was Helena and it made me so happy! I can imagine how she wished all the best to Eva and remembers how much fun she had when Ophelia, herself and Dominic ruled on campus
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 2:06 PM
Castaneda: Tobias lost his job due to a chance card his first day on his teacher position. Naturally he had an outing with Holiday, Edgar and Cornelia Gratton. They played some games, fished a bit and after he and Viola went to the restaurant on a date. Over all it was quite a good day for him. Except for the loosing-his-job part. If Edgar actually starts his business Tobias might get employed as a partner there, but for now he focused on his culinary skills. Isak got to know his new neighbors Amanda and Bella that passed by when he tried not-flirting-but still flirting with Ellen Magnussim. She had no clue.

At the Magnussim household things are getting less miserable. Susanna really works with a grilled-cheese aspiration and even got a promotion in the military career. This resulted in her needing to gain a skill-point and played basketball with her son Verner. The basketball hoop was quite popular this rotation and Ellen even went from being fat to "normal". Jon invtided Cassiopeja Ny over for a short flirt-session and Sirius Ny had follow one of the siblings home so Jon made an effort to get to know him too and even tried to look interested when Sirius started bragging about his birthday. Estelle and Uno went to university, Cassiopeja stared longingly at Jon wen he went to bed (I forgot to get someone to say goodbye to the guests) and Kaj managed to burn spaghetti.

At that was one rotation!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:17 PM
Long time no see, as per usual it seems.

One semester at the first household in the university hood, the "starter"-house, currently occupied by six residents but built for five students. One double-bed in one room and two singles in one solved the sleeping arrangements. And the double-bed saw some action this turn. Lets hope that they change sheets in between.. The only one in the household not loosing his virginity this semester was Uno Magnussim and that might be due to the fact that he occupied the phone speaking to Bo Battler, left as a teenager in the hood for one more day/rotation.

Eva Dahl and Edgar Svan fell in love as soon as they landed on university-ground and that was the theme for their first semester. Edgar had some wants regarding woohooing with multiple sims, but mostly wants related to Eva. Regor Ny and René Svan also fell in love, with some help. just as planned and René (sweet sweet René) also nurtures a wish to get engaged. Regor is less romantically inclined, being both grouchy and a knowledge sim, so he had more practical wants. But they still lost their virginity (virginities?) after a very successful date. I guess they will be quite established as a couple before their teenage sweethearts Ellen Magnussim and Isak Castaneda moves to university, but that will take a few rotations and by then I think Ellen might have fallen in love with Isak instead.

Estelle Magnussim also moved quickly and during one of the get-together´s she and Tommy Hult fell in love again (after the teenage-to-young-adult-separation), went on a date, missed each others "get-engaged" wishes, finally after woohoo managed to get the wish at the same time, looked at the stars together, Estelle gathered the courage and asked if Tommy wanted to get engaged to her. He said yes and I discovered that the cinematic shows a glittering ring even for guys being asked for marriage. Later that night Tommy came by and gave Estelle a statue of an old mans head as a thank-you for the "outing".

The cow-mascot and one of the cheerleaders got into a fight, the cheerleader won and promptly stood up and made a cheer for herself. Everyone looking at the fight was impressed. Eva and Edgar was not looking as they instead engaged in their new favorite hobby, might have to send them on vacation to cool down a bit. But a romance sim and a pleasure sim with three bolts might have some steam to blow of.

All of the six residents got high grades and made the deans list, the second semester might actually require some of them to study and not only go to class. And I have to build some more housing on campus as they are not allowed to stay in the starter house for longer then one or two semesters depending on the inflow from the main hood and for the next two rotations eight teens will be moving to campus. So at least a few two to five persons houses is needed.

Current count for playable´s life-stages in Ullerby is:
Baby: 1 (sweet baby Delia Gratton)
Toddler: 0
Child: 6
Teen: 19
Young Adult: 13
Adult: 17
Elder: 9

So a baby-boom generation is soon entering university life, with a more regulated population after them. At the same time, teens are long compared to the life stages before, in my rotations mostly 10 days, almost the same as child and toddler together so an "older teen" might have seen a "new-teen" as a toddler. Still, a lot of the teens are moving steadily towards university life. Have a hard time imagining someone skipping university, perhaps one of the Battler-kids but they have girlfriends and boyfriends that might support them. Time will tell, I might make it harder to be accepted to university-studies but before that Ophelia Girardet might have to resign as mayor, she would never accept such a changed policy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:12 PM
At the other two university households some interesting things happened as well, Estelle Magnussim was allowed to move to the greek house a bit early as she and Tommy only had wishes for each other and.. well. she was going to move there anyway. At the greek house Estelle met Roger Battler at a party and they became friends, slowly but steady, over the semester. It is so nice when two sims get the same wish when you rotate between households, even if roger made more of the effort in this case.

Roger and Holiday Castaneda hung out a lot, Bella Svan and Deneb Ny did the same (you can really tell that it is spring in the university-hood) during one of the dates, while Roger slept, Holiday studied like crazy and did not have to study at all back at the greek house. And after one of the get-together´s at Roger and Deneb none of the greek house members had any problems with their grades. Rober and Deneb of course both made the deans list. Sport geeks and apparently studious. It might be Denebs ambitions that makes Roger more motivated.

One interesting development was the relationship between Veronica Battler and Jesper Svan. It was not a coincidence, I saw the bolts somewhat by accident and.. could not help myself. Triple bolt between the hood Casanova and the awkward Veronica Battler who got her first kiss at university by Benjamin Long? To good to pass up. He knowledge/romance and she is family all the way. They had a bit of a shaky start as Jesper did not get the idea at all (at first), but after a bit of kicky-bag and a date downtown they became best friends and made some pink hearts in the air. And Veronica is best friends with Bella Svan and makes a wish to call her for a chat very regularly, don´t know what Bella will think of it. since she is well aware of her brothers romantic adventures. But he did wish to marry both Maya Essex and Susanna Magnussim while on the date with Veronica so he might be ready to settle when Veronica graduates. If she graduates, a less study motivated sim is hard to find.

Io Ny got hit by lightning while doing yoga, too bad that he is popularity/family so he did not even get a good memory from it. But he survived at least!

Holiday graduated with 5,0 as her grade, in biology and before leaving for Ullerby she topped in the gaming hobby after some intense blogging and gaming against Io on the console.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 11:12 AM
I really need some sort of plan for a lot of the households in Ullerby, so far a lot is very dynamic but it would be nice to work towards some sort of progression.

In the Girardet household things are slowly settling in the new normal. Amin is no longer on negatives with Ophelia, but does not show any wishes to improve the relationship, he mainly wants to play the piano. Ophelia spent a lot of her time with the pets and Ullis the puppy grew up to an adult dog with an impressive mustach. No party on this rotation, but Ophelia went to a few community lots and greeted some of the teens, for some reason few adults were out and about. In conclusion: sort of the same as the last rotation at the Girardets. Johanna might have to invite her parents to the greek house, some of the girls there knows couples counceling. Ophelia also got 50000 via a chance card and improved on the solar cells on the roof. Still a lot in the family funds so Johanna will be set for life if she decides not to work when she gets back from university.

One solution might be that Ophelia accepts that she needs more then Amin can give her, since her ”misshaps” have happened with women and I have a hard time seeing her with another man.

Dahl-family missed Eva of course, nobody dared to suggest that her room could be transformed into the ballet/exercise room since the equipment is currently in Helena and Gustafs bedroom. Perhaps next rotation when they have visited her on campus and seen her settled in. For some reason Gustaf wanted to join the garden club (never seen this wish before) so after a bit of decorating in the garden what took out a lot of their funds he was accepted as a member, no wishing well but I am glad he got approved at all. So now they have a greenhouse, outdoor lightning and a few decorative pieces. Elderly sim - new hobby?

No date for them today, but Helena decided that it was time for the family to meet the new extended family, her children might not be married but they can not expect her to not want to know who they are spending time with! So she invited Tom Holk, his father Kjell and his mother Lakshimi, Eva and her ”boyfriend” Edvin Svan. Kjell, Lakshimi and Edvin had to be teleported to the lot but overall it was not a failure, not really a sucess either. Some other people also came by and were greeted as per usual. Per-Adam decided that it was time for his first kiss so he took Tom out to the garden and it was very pretty with the new decorations and everything.

Oh, and Helena got promoted via a chance card and work some more decent hours now when she is a protector of whales.
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by existerande
I really need some sort of plan for a lot of the households in Ullerby, so far a lot is very dynamic but it would be nice to work towards some sort of progression.

In the Girardet household things are slowly settling in the new normal. Amin is no longer on negatives with Ophelia, but does not show any wishes to improve the relationship, he mainly wants to play the piano. Ophelia spent a lot of her time with the pets and Ullis the puppy grew up to an adult dog with an impressive mustach. No party on this rotation, but Ophelia went to a few community lots and greeted some of the teens, for some reason few adults were out and about. In conclusion: sort of the same as the last rotation at the Girardets. Johanna might have to invite her parents to the greek house, some of the girls there knows couples counceling. Ophelia also got 50000 via a chance card and improved on the solar cells on the roof. Still a lot in the family funds so Johanna will be set for life if she decides not to work when she gets back from university.

One solution might be that Ophelia accepts that she needs more then Amin can give her, since her ”misshaps” have happened with women and I have a hard time seeing her with another man.

Dahl-family missed Eva of course, nobody dared to suggest that her room could be transformed into the ballet/exercise room since the equipment is currently in Helena and Gustafs bedroom. Perhaps next rotation when they have visited her on campus and seen her settled in. For some reason Gustaf wanted to join the garden club (never seen this wish before) so after a bit of decorating in the garden what took out a lot of their funds he was accepted as a member, no wishing well but I am glad he got approved at all. So now they have a greenhouse, outdoor lightning and a few decorative pieces. Elderly sim - new hobby?

No date for them today, but Helena decided that it was time for the family to meet the new extended family, her children might not be married but they can not expect her to not want to know who they are spending time with! So she invited Tom Holk, his father Kjell and his mother Lakshimi, Eva and her ”boyfriend” Edvin Svan. Kjell, Lakshimi and Edvin had to be teleported to the lot but overall it was not a failure, not really a sucess either. Some other people also came by and were greeted as per usual. Per-Adam decided that it was time for his first kiss so he took Tom out to the garden and it was very pretty with the new decorations and everything.

Oh, and Helena got promoted via a chance card and work some more decent hours now when she is a protector of whales.

@existerande

I don't know if you read it somewhere else or not, but anyway I wanted to let you know that my partner passed in April not very long after she got back from the Hospital. I still miss her quite often. I have been playing sims 2 and I have been posting a bit, but I have just not felt like doing an update in this group; I will get to it eventually, just not sure when as I need to get the motivation together first.

I wanted to note that you can get the Wishing Well if you have the Garden Club visit again, first make sure everything is in good shape and maybe add some decorative objects out side and then invite the Garden Club over to check it out.

I do enjoy reading about your game, so do please continue.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@existerande

I don't know if you read it somewhere else or not, but anyway I wanted to let you know that my partner passed in April not very long after she got back from the Hospital. I still miss her quite often. I have been playing sims 2 and I have been posting a bit, but I have just not felt like doing an update in this group; I will get to it eventually, just not sure when as I need to get the motivation together first.

I wanted to note that you can get the Wishing Well if you have the Garden Club visit again, first make sure everything is in good shape and maybe add some decorative objects out side and then invite the Garden Club over to check it out.

I do enjoy reading about your game, so do please continue.

@lordtyger9 oh, i am so sorry to hear this :/ usually quite a good lurker but must have missed if you have written it on other places.
Will update when I have finished some more houses

Page 2 of 3