Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 2:08 PM
Default Site Maintenance 4th April + Extra Server
MTS2 was down for maintenance to rebuild the search indexes today. This should mean a reinstatement of the "Search in Thread" functionality. Apologies for the downtime, but re-indexing is needed for the next phase of MTS2.

This involves moving the forums and all sub-sites (sims2pack, mikeinside, meshtool) to the second server which is built and should be installed today. This will result in a couple of hours downtime as the DNS switches over, as well as any additional downtime needed for the changeover.

Let me say a big thank you to everybody who has contributed on the site, and we hope you enjoy the changes both now and in the future.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:27 PM
oke but do you know a time that evry thing will be up and working?

no ears
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:36 PM
No, I do not have an exact time.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 3:54 PM
Damn ! this is FAST !
thanks to all who contributed & worked to allow us (the community) to have a quicker MTS2 forum
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM
It's nice to see that things are moving right along!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 5:40 PM
Err the new server hasn't gone in yet :P
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 7:17 PM
LOL It is running faster than usual right now. Maybe you touched something by accident. :D
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 8:11 PM
Is it done now I did get some Mysql Database errors about 1 hour ago
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 8:49 PM
Delphy: I REALLY appreciate the effort you and the team are putting in to this. MTS2 is a great, great site. I think any wails of "Oh no! HOW LONG?!!!!" is just indicative of how popular MTS2 really is. Thanks anyway.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
the new server hasn't gone in yet

Lol! I guess there was less load on the server at the time of my writing then :bump:
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 9:31 PM
so once all the upgrading has been done, we wont be getting those annoying "page cannot be displayed" pages as often right?
I seem to get them quite often on this site...I glance at my dsl box and then back at the "page cannot be displayed" and I realize that MTS2 is just so popular that we all cant get in at the same time and then im forced to sit here and stare at my monitor and keep refreshing the page a million times til i get in...
omg i just realized im just as addicted to MTS2 as i am to the sims
ok...shutting up now and stepping away from keyboard slowly
please disregard everything above...im off my meds :D
Instructor
#12 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 10:14 PM
lol anonymous.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 12:08 AM
Thank You Delphy - You Are The Best - How About A "Support The MTS2 Donate Form" - For Us Sorry Bastards with no credit cards? - like the MilkShape Form?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 5th Apr 2005 at 3:07 AM
Thank you!!

This is great. I aswell appreciate all the hardwork that you and the staff put into MTS2.
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:14 AM
I'm amazed at the people who say the new system is faster. I'm finding the exact opposite - everything takes about three times as long as before. While I also appreciate the enormous amount of work that goes into this fantastic site, I wonder if I'm the only one who finds things not improved.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 8:29 PM
I was though Why they don't use another server. And they do it !!!
It is really better than before. Thx
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:02 PM
Yeah right. The forum is faster, but I cant download anything.

Please join us at the Gay Sims Club 2 forums. Where you will find discussions and links to great Content for the Sims 2!
The Gay Sims Club 2
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:13 PM
what's happend to the front page?...

no ears
#19 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:15 PM
Congrats!!! The enhancements are terrific!
#20 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:19 PM
One thing. Can't find the link to donate for the site.
That item should be prominent on the front page.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 9:57 PM
the homepage is messed up or something. Is the site still being worked on?
#22 Old 6th Apr 2005 at 10:21 PM
All the images for all the downloads are x's.

Things are loading faster though. :lol
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 4:19 PM
Big props to Delphy and all involved in the upgrades!

MTS2 is running better than ever...great work
Test Subject
#24 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 5:32 PM
Like anonymous, I... I stared at the screen, clicking every now and then. I'm glad y'all are back. Thanks for everything. Fun toys!
Cheers,
Slim
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 7:42 PM
GGRRRR! Ok- everything seems to be fine now except that the forums are orded by latest post rather than latest thread, and when I try to change it, it still loads by post date. Is anyone else having this problem? Or am I the only one that cares? I love this site to much to give up! :D
Page 1 of 2