Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anonymous
I agree with that...and delphy said its already been done...but then...

I know Delphy said its been changed so they cant put it in the original post but I mean if theres a really good thing that you wanna dl and you're searching through the posts (btw is that search within thread thing actually working now?), theres always half a dozen people who ask for zip files or ask where it goes and those take up space. There should be a way to ignore all posts with those words instead of just ignoring the user. If its not possible to do that, I guess I'm going to be ignoring like half the site users

Ignoring the issue will make it worse. How would you like your questions to go ignored? My view is, having rar files causes the problem. zip files can be opened by both WinZIP and WinRar, and since it seems a good number of people only have/prefer zip (hence the posts), a lot of trouble can be saved by posting zip files. Sure, it may take a little more space, but making the site more user-friendly to all should be the main goal.
Advertisement
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 8:28 AM
kassarc16,

The compressed files are not prepared by the site. They are prepared by the modders themselves. It's not really their responsibility whether people want to be bothered with having the right software to install their stuff. I mean if I spent 16 hours working on something and I package it as a rar and say you can have it, I've done my part. Now it's your turn. It's really no harm done to me if you won't learn how to unpack it.

As has been said a million times, zip Genious is free and unpacks zips, rars, and just about anything you toss at it.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 12:48 PM Last edited by katgyrl : 25th Apr 2005 at 12:51 PM.
omg it's official, i'm a cranky old slightly retarded fogey. i can't stand the new layout, it takes me so much longer to find stuff. i guess i was way too used to the old format, and enjoyed picking thru' the jumble. i've now resorted to bookmarking my 3 fave creators' user pages (so i can check their new threads) and taking a pass on the rest.

:confused: :argh: :weep: :dunce:
Page 4 of 4