Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:21 PM
Everything on Disney, FOX, MTV, TLC, Syfy, most news channels eg CNN, Cnbc(?). I also cannot stand: Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, all the Law and Order shows, Bold and the Beautiful (how the hell does that thing still exist?), East Enders, Tanked on discovery, all the survival shows, most things on Animal Planet, uuuh and a bunch if other weird things that you can only get here on tv.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:32 PM
I pretty much appreciate all television, even the stuff I can't personally stand. It's an organism. You can't have good shows without terrible one. If everything on tv were great then finding something to watch would be a complete and total clusterfuck. "I want to watch show X, but it's on at the same time as all these other great shows!" Even with Netflix and streaming and the internet that would be a pain in the ass, especially given that I'll folding daytime crap into things too. You don't have the time for too much good tv, and sometimes bad tv is serving the purpose of funding your shitty little gem of a niche show that you and five other people watch, while The Bachelor is raking in cash like there's no tomorrow.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#53 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:33 PM
The horror I felt when I realised that sim bachelor challenges are based on an actual TV show is something I hope not to repeat.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 11:59 AM
I can really do without most of the shows on TV nowadays. I would have turned off cable a while ago except I still I wouldnt get CNN or MSNBC or the PowerBlock shows on spike
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Drakesecaravdis : 13th Jul 2015 at 6:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
I pretty much appreciate all television, even the stuff I can't personally stand. It's an organism. You can't have good shows without terrible one. If everything on tv were great then finding something to watch would be a complete and total clusterfuck. "I want to watch show X, but it's on at the same time as all these other great shows!" Even with Netflix and streaming and the internet that would be a pain in the ass, especially given that I'll folding daytime crap into things too. You don't have the time for too much good tv, and sometimes bad tv is serving the purpose of funding your shitty little gem of a niche show that you and five other people watch, while The Bachelor is raking in cash like there's no tomorrow.

It's almost the same with music for me. However music is a more important medium than television and you are less likely to have too much good music.
Anyway I don't have that many I can say I can't personally stand because I don't watch the cable enough to be bothered by shows much. You can watch so much on the internet nowadays that I don't have to worry about flipping for reruns I want to see. I have browsed the channels but only on rare occasions. Right now I just turn it on once a week because I have two shows with new episodes that I watch. I would say offhand the only show I really can't stand is Spongebob and that's partly for a personal reason. If there's more they don't stick in my mind so I must not have too much problem with them. I don't even mind the Kardashians. If people are so bothered by that just don't watch E.
Do I find a lot of shows stupid? Sure but somebody's watching them and I'm not going "agh turn that off right now!!!" just might make a casual joke or something on the commercials I happen to see. I do appreciate finding less things to watch because it's so hard to keep up with shows as it is. I like to keep busy and TV is a sedentary activity. Its like when X Factor was on in the US. I was just like "ugh this and the Voice all in the same week" There was even a few shows that I completely forgot was on like I try to watch award shows every year so then I sometimes have to make an effort to find them online because lovely Comcast does not show them. This is what I don't appreciate: my cable company...terrible shows not so much.
#56 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:52 PM
I really don't like dramas. Or reality tv shows. Those are really boring.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Instructor
#57 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 8:31 AM
I can't stand The Big bang theory and yet between reruns, new episodes, and everyone in my family thinking it is the best best show ever made and talking about it all the time I can't get away from it.

Better off Ted only go two short seasons but this show has produced about nine billion episodes and looks to keep going until the end of time?!

Just die already!

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 11:29 AM
Not a fan of the Kardashian family or other reality shows beyond MythBusters, How It's Made, Food Factory (original and USA edition) and documentaries on animal development, particularly puppies and kittens.

Cartoons are hard to come by because of animation budgets outside Cartoon Network's jurisdiction are being put towards live action shows and either some cartoon shows ended or took a direction my family agrees is not favored.

I miss the days when cartoons were the staple of kids' networks. You couldn't turn on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel without finding a cartoon. Hard to veg when humorless live-action is on. Cartoon Network had for a period did some live action, one based on a movie based on the old "cryogenically frozen Walt Disney" myth and one called Level Up.

My point is, I rather catch up on my soap opera anime from Japan.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#59 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 1:35 PM
Oh yeah, "reality" shows should be considered a war crime. Most of them are scripted any way so there isn't anything real about them, the scripts are just played out by people who can't act to save their lives.

If I have to hear about the marriage of one more reality star at any point in my life I swear I am going to puke.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Page 3 of 3