Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
But wasn't the Newsons already 8 people? I can have large families, but they have to get to know the Goodies and move them in. I've worked them so many times, often taking over when there are no parents (or incompetent), or adopting, like others do.

Only six. Without mods, there's a maximum of 8 Sims in a household.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 9:45 PM
No, the Newsons are six people - two teens, two children, two toddlers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM
I've used them to adopt young sims before--aged down to child Sandy Bruty and Jan Tellerman. I have Tarlia's replacement hoods, so they are retired and have pensions, nurse and doctor, I think . . .

These days though, I've been letting them move into the Pleasantview Retirement Center, together with the Oldies (who would rather go ice skating in hell than live with the Pleasants), Carlos Contender (lonely), Catherine Viejo and Betty Goldstein (too $#@%! much snow shoveling!), and any other elders who don't want to live with their kids or don't have kids. I think the retirement center's motto says "Would you rather play poker and bingo all day than be unpaid babysitter and maid? Move in with us!" I modify the big, sprawling, So-Cal movie-star house behind the Goths so that there are bedrooms that are weather-proof and have doors, put on enough solar panels to not have bills, merge them all together as a household, and have them hire a butler. Then they do whatever they want without regard for social necessities. For the Goodies, that's skill and canoodle. For Catherine and Carlos, there's a hot tub and canoodling. For Betty, the career she always dreamed of, and Carlos when she wants. Catherine doesn't care. For the Oldies, that's canoodle, and Coral tries to befriend the granddaughters and Herb eyeballs the other ladies. And poker and pool and bingo . . . and the butler cooks the meals and washes the dishes.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:36 AM
Faith has died in the meantime. Looks as if Herbert may marry again
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 7:01 PM
being Townies because I genuinely don't know what to do with them.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 11:32 PM
I think they're still in the bin. Either that or they've long gone.
Page 2 of 2