Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1173
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 9522 (Who?), Viewed: 206141 times.
Search this Thread
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 10:47 PM #9501
AliaD85
Forum Resident

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I think so - it's ages since I did it.

I send the teacher/headteacher off to the owned community lot in the morning and any kids he/she has go off by bus. The kids go off at 8am as usual, the teacher usually goes off at 8.30-ish. When school starts, it drags his/her kid in along with all the rest ('cos their kids have a token). I'm fine with it that way.
And that's the set up I'm looking for! I just needed to be sure. Thank you!

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 11:59 PM #9502
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Does anyone else have any problems with Create-a-Sim showing the wrong thumbnails? I'll be creating a female adult, and it'll show thumbnails of male children. Shift+Click fixes the thumbnails temporarily but they keep getting messed up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 12:38 AM #9503
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Yes, happens to me all the time. No idea what triggers it, or how to prevent it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:21 AM #9504
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Thanks.

How close can an object be to a fireplace before it risks burning up?

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:23 AM #9505
velvetina
Instructor

Right next to it. Just... Don't put anything on the tiles surrounding the fireplace.

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:53 AM #9506
Rosebine
Mad Poster

11 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Does anyone else have any problems with Create-a-Sim showing the wrong thumbnails? I'll be creating a female adult, and it'll show thumbnails of male children. Shift+Click fixes the thumbnails temporarily but they keep getting messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, happens to me all the time. No idea what triggers it, or how to prevent it.

I create a lot of clothing, and start, shut, reload the game very often. This does not happen to me often, but when it does, deleting the CASThumbnails.package within the Thumbnails folder clears it up.
It will take more time to load your CAS images the next time you use it, especially if your game is packed with CAS cc's of all kind, but you'll be tranquil for a while.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Old 24th Sep 2017, 2:20 AM #9507
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Yes, but it doesn't prevent it from happening again. Sometimes the next time I open CAS!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 24th Sep 2017, 10:21 AM #9508
maxon
Now what dammit?

22 Achievements

Quote:
Thanks.

How close can an object be to a fireplace before it risks burning up?

I think Carrigon's forever burn fireplace suppresses the fires - I've had it forever and can't quite remember properly. I don't tend to have fires from fireplaces though (burnt pancakes, yes). Carrigon is putting her stuff back up but if you can't find it and want it, I can stick it up on SFS.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 24th Sep 2017, 12:18 PM #9509
MattieOReilly
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Yes, but it doesn't prevent it from happening again. Sometimes the next time I open CAS!

If you're talking about the thumbnails of sims in CAS, such as those made in body shop, and not the clothing/hair/etc in CAS, it's from deleting/removing those sims made in body shop. As far as I know, the only way to prevent it is not to move/delete sims out of saved sims/downloads.
Old 24th Sep 2017, 6:35 PM #9510
*_Drew~
Lab Assistant

Does anybody know if there's any difference between the DJ booth from NL e the one from FT? I was restyling a lot in Downtown and put the FT one because of the recolors, so I was wondering if there was any difference between the two of em...
Old 24th Sep 2017, 6:39 PM #9511
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *_Drew~
Does anybody know if there's any difference between the DJ booth from NL e the one from FT? I was restyling a lot in Downtown and put the FT one because of the recolors, so I was wondering if there was any difference between the two of em...

The FT one has dance contests.

Old 24th Sep 2017, 6:59 PM #9512
*_Drew~
Lab Assistant

Quote:
The FT one has dance contests.
Cool, so in a Disco it would work anyway thanks a lot!
Old 24th Sep 2017, 10:50 PM #9513
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

I never use the DJ booth that came with NL anymore. If you have FT, there just isn't any point in using the NL one.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Old Yesterday, 6:00 AM #9514
*_Drew~
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
I never use the DJ booth that came with NL anymore. If you have FT, there just isn't any point in using the NL one.
Uhm I'm not really into Free Time competitions and lots (I've deactivated the creation of the Subhood for years now) and honestly the Custom Recolors I found were just for the NL one, but I'll take in account that the FT booth has extra functions for future references
Old Yesterday, 7:17 AM #9515
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

20 Achievements

View My Journal

You don't need the free time lots to hold dance contests, you can do that on your own lots, it makes a good item for an owned dance studio.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM #9516
RoxEllen1965
Scholar

I don't use the FT hobby lots much either. I do use the DJ booths in nightclubs on ordinary community lots. When I first got FT, I replaced all the DJ booths in clubs that were already in the game with the FT booths.

Thanks to Crmelsimlover for sharing these rare Christianlov mods for TS2: Cpack editor with working face DNA fixer and Skin Selector Painting Prototype. Instructions for adding custom skins to Skin Selector at post #37 here. Instructions for using the DNA fixer at post # 2662 here .
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM #9517
Essa
Theorist

2 Achievements

My Fortune sim owns a business and has the want to earn 100 §. The want wasn't filled even if he was the cashier.
Is this normal behaviour ?
Last edited by Essa : Yesterday at 2:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM #9518
FranH
Mad Poster

Normally, the only way most get that want to go away is to be in a job that has some kind of huge salary, and it's over the course of a lifetime.Owning a business won't do it, but selling it for a huge profit might..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old Yesterday, 9:17 PM #9519
ieta_cassiopeia
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
My Fortune sim owns a business and has the want to earn 100 §. The want wasn't filled even if he was the cashier.
Is this normal behaviour ?

Is the Sim the owner of the business? I believe business revenue is supposed to be credited to the owner, rather than any specific employee.

If the Sim doesn't live in the same house as the owner, they will gain a salary (and be credited towards finance goals) by attending work when they are a playable.

If your Sim is neither the owner nor living in a different household to the owner, I don't know how to fix the problem. Sims 2 seems to think that fellow household members are free labour for some reason.
Old Yesterday, 9:24 PM #9520
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

You can get it on investments and financial consulting.

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM #9521
Essa
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Is the Sim the owner of the business? I believe business revenue is supposed to be credited to the owner, rather than any specific employee.

If the Sim doesn't live in the same house as the owner, they will gain a salary (and be credited towards finance goals) by attending work when they are a playable.

If your Sim is neither the owner nor living in a different household to the owner, I don't know how to fix the problem. Sims 2 seems to think that fellow household members are free labour for some reason.

Yes, he's the owner.
I thought that money related wants of business owners could be filled. It seems I was wrong.
Old Today, 1:20 AM #9522
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

Huh, that's odd. My Sims' "earn $whatever" were fulfilled by owned businesses. Maybe I'm using a hack that affects it.

Another question: If a Sim is running a business, and they hire another playable, do the wages they pay go to the other household's family funds? Or does the employee only receive money when playing their household?

Old Today, 2:27 AM #9523
SIMelissa
Instructor

Quote:
Huh, that's odd. My Sims' "earn $whatever" were fulfilled by owned businesses. Maybe I'm using a hack that affects it.

Another question: If a Sim is running a business, and they hire another playable, do the wages they pay go to the other household's family funds? Or does the employee only receive money when playing their household?

It's been awhile since I had an employee/employer relationship in my game. As I recall ...
The money paid by the employer vanished into thin air.
Thankfully for the employee, they get a regular check every day (when you play them) that is usually quite a bit more than they'd get from their cheapskate employer -- at least that's how it works in my game.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island

Section jump: