Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#201 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 1:56 AM
Yay, now I have attractive college dormies to marry into my legacy family. Whee! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:16 PM
I have a question regarding this thread, and without spending too much time digging I was hoping someone could answer a single question for me. I followed the tutorial and it worked perfectly **thanks**, my remaining question is now that my sim has been remodeled do I need to keep my template sim in the BIN or can I delete that Sim since I only used it as a template.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Test Subject
#203 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:46 AM
Once you do the surgery, you are free to do whatever you want with the template, keep it for further tweaking, delete it, whatever, it won't affect the sim you modified.
Test Subject
#204 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 1:17 AM
what a fantiastic tutorial. thatnk you for taking the time to go into such detail. i'm a newbie to simsPE and have been wanting to change the looks of my NPCs forever. question, is it necessary to use the original NPCs original clothing and can it be changed? ei: a victorian maid
Field Researcher
#205 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FenrirMX
Once you do the surgery, you are free to do whatever you want with the template, keep it for further tweaking, delete it, whatever, it won't affect the sim you modified.

But isn't it dangerous to delete sims from the Sim Bin or something?

"why everything that's 'posed to be bad make me feel so good???" -kanye west
Field Researcher
#206 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 9:20 AM
pseudonymph24: Not that I know of... I have done it indiscriminately without any trouble.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Anime Addict
#207 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:46 PM Last edited by corrie695 : 20th Apr 2009 at 12:34 PM.
I was wondering if there is a way to change eye color with SimPe???
Can you help...???
Test Subject
#208 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 10:15 PM
SimPE won't work for me. ;-;
Test Subject
#209 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corrie695
I was wondering ig there is a way to change eye color with SimPe???
Can you help...???

I use TS2 Enhancer to change eye color, skin tone, and some other things that SimPE can't do on the fly. It will cost you a few bucks, but to me it's worth it. I've used this program long before there ever was a SimPE, and have bought every pay update since.

You can use it free for 48-hours, but after that it turns into a pumpkin until you buy an unlock code. Use the "Genetics (DNA)" button to change your eye color, skin tone, etc.

http://sims2programs.com/

Make sure you keep your original email/reciept after purchase. You'll need it in the future for version updates that require an additional fee, or if you do a system format and need an unlock code to reinstall the software you originally purchased. If the system ID changes (it will after doing a hard drive reformat/OS reload) your original unlock code will no longer work.

Hope that helps you.

You'll like the program, I'm sure. It comes in handy when you really need it. It also saves some unnessesary aggrevation, and in my case, some choice 4-letter words.

--
SF
Forum Resident
#210 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 6:30 PM Last edited by jmtmom : 31st Dec 2008 at 4:04 PM.
This seems to be the most recently active NPC changing thread I can find. Here is what I want to do:Give NPC's medieval outfits

I've got the appearance thing down, thanks for that info.

Here is what I have done so far:

NPC Replacer by SimWardrobe has never worked quite right for me, despite much work and help from it's creator. It's probably some kind of error on my part.

1. I tried Madame Min's replacement set found at MATY and Genensims.
Problem: Does not take care of all NPC's and adds townies. I don't want any townies. It is nicely done though.

2. I found this hack here:
http://linna.modthesims2.com/downlo...5#startcomments

Problem: It's very old and unsupported. Also, I want to keep some of the career outfits in the later EP's.

3. This thread here has some tantalizing information:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5375#post395375

Problem: The instructions are hard to follow with a new SimPe.

4. This thread has instructions, and I'm ever so slowly working my way through them:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...5#startcomments

Problem: It's old and hard to follow

Does anyone have any additional tutorials, information or hacks that can help? Hopefully if I keep staring at the tutorial, it will eventually make sense and I'll replace my NPC's. I'd love to hear from someone who has done this successfully with the details of how.

ETA: Option #4 actually worked! Now I'm ever so slowly redoing the NPC's in more appropriate garb for my medieval hood.

BTW: You can change eye color in SimPE with the sim surgery tool. It's even easier is to get contacts and use those.

Be warned, the lack of support and general rudeness on the part of the Sims 2 Enhancer creator is legendary. It is about $20 to buy it, so you should know that before you plunk down the money.
Top Secret Researcher
#211 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:50 PM
YES!!!! I can FINALLY make (or at least, REPLACE) an NPC with another Sim that I get to make!! Thanks!! I thought it was hopeless looking for an NPC replacement tutorial!

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
#212 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
dang it, I wish SimPE would respond!!! It keeps "not responding", so I can't do this tutorial. I tried, like, 3 times already or whatever, but after it loads Veronaville, it keeps saying PLEASE WAIT... and it says that FOREVER!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#213 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:44 PM
my SimPE doesn't work at ALL! help me please!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
~Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
#214 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peduncledunk
my SimPE doesn't work at ALL! help me please!

what's your problem?

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Mad Poster
#215 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:38 AM
If you just wait, it should start working again after a few minutes. I get the same problem all the time. It is just loading. If you've noticed, it does the same thing in BodyShop.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#216 Old 30th May 2009 at 9:01 AM
how to change NPC cloth
Test Subject
#217 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:03 PM
Can you replace townies?

when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry; show life you have a thousand reasons to smile <3
Test Subject
#218 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:04 PM
Like people in your families?

when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry; show life you have a thousand reasons to smile <3
Test Subject
#219 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
I've been looking for a beginner friendly NPC tutorial since I just broke down and decided to try my hand at SimPE, luckily, I found this super easy to understand tutorial!
I've been having an issue though....
I follow all your steps, but once I close Sims 2 and open up SimPE....
and my newly created sim doesn't show up in the Sims Surgery window anywhere. When I open back up Sims or even go to a house then back out to a neighborhood, my newly created sim is gone.
I've tried this a few times to the same results, even if i save my game-the sim dissapears from the bin.
Is the fact that I can't change their last name from "N" without the debugging being deactivated, or is that a normal thing? I didn't see that mentioned.
I haven't seen anyone else have this issue?
Thanks so much for any input!
Test Subject
#220 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
But still i cant replace the hair of those maids. i hate that hair.
Test Subject
#221 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM
AMAZING TUTORIAL! Thank you a million times! I thought I'd fail at this SimPE stuff but your tutorial made it seem easy! THANKS
Field Researcher
#222 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 1:38 AM
Cool, im at the moent trying for to replace some townies, thanks a lot for this tuti!
Test Subject
#223 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:59 AM
this is awesome!

thanks so much!
Test Subject
#224 Old 6th May 2012 at 1:05 PM
When I open up my custom neighboorhood and go on sim surgery there are no sims showing up.
I tested it with the standard neighboorhood and there it works, the sims in the neighboorhood show up.
Has anyone solved this problem before or has an idea what's the reason for that?
Test Subject
#225 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 6:11 AM
help please
Quote: Originally posted by Grapholina
You can have them wear whatever you wish. :D

I have tried to change the looks and the clothing for my professors in my university, and when I go into the game, they are wearing the teacher uniform and not the clothes I picked out for them to wear. Do you have any idea on how to change this? I would really appreciate it if you could find a way, thanks.
Page 9 of 9