Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1182
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1660 (Who?), Viewed: 105665 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Dec 2017, 10:20 PM #1651
PANDAQUEEN
Theorist

I may not play with my TS4 Sims for a while. I'm currently planning to buy the Add-ons like Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, the various Stuff Pack. Seriously, it's the game with the free Holiday pack, weerbesu's UI mod (currently up to date) and the custom content I found with help from forum members who knew of the Silver Moon Simblr and the fact it's located in my computer under a folder titled like "TS4 Mods".

I might buy the Parenthood pack and see which of the sextuplets have phases and what kind of phases they are. I have seen numerous pictures of those Care Bear-like costume and in all honesty, they remind me of Outdoor Retreat's Bear costume (which is available in Grizzly, Panda and Polar bear)

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Old 12th Dec 2017, 10:28 PM #1652
Moraelin
Scholar

5 Achievements

So I convinced the Lynx household to move out, and moved the local elder vampire in. it's funny how fast you can convince people by flashing them a big shiny smile.... when you're a vampire

Anyway, I had underestimated the exact effect of the "cat hangout" lot trait. Currently I have a quintet of cats in my living room, carolling me with the song of their people, and none of them is mine. (My own two cats are out carolling the fishmongers)

A couple of them have already raided the food that the butler keeps making, and it seems like I can't lecture cats that didn't move in with me. I avoid using the word "own", because as the ancient Egyptians had already found out, cats are demigods and can't be owned by mere mortals

Not that I care about the food, since the butler doesn't actually make anything a vampire can actually eat, but some of that stuff is not good for cats. I mean, spaghetti with tomato sauce? Cat metabolism isn't tuned for carbs, and tomatoes are downright toxic to cats.

Speaking of butlers, the new butler for this family showed up in a track suit and with a Roman helmet on.You're drunk, MCC Dresser. Go to sleep
Old 12th Dec 2017, 10:49 PM #1653
spidergirl79
Scholar

4 Achievements

Kristopher went on a date with Elsa. Things really went well. First kiss, real kiss.

What else is happening is this:

I was tired of crack lines in some of the hairstyles of my sims. (White lines mostly) It occurred in some EA hairstyles and some custom content hairstyles. I have a Radeon graphics card and a six core processor, this is a gaming PC, so while most info on the web is geared to fixing rendering issues for simmers who have NVidia, I was able to find some info that helped. See, I'm not very techy about graphics and graphics cards, but what I ended up doing was turning on Anti-aliasing and some other settings and it solved the cracks in hair issue about 95%. Also I actually had to enable the graphics setting for Sims 4, don't know why it wasn't enabled. O_o

Cracks in hair would appear mostly in males hairstyles. Sometimes in seams in clothing. What would happen is, the more I zoomed away from the sim, the more cracked and terrible it would look. Apparently this can happen with NVidia too and there is an app that can correct these issues, but if you're a Radeon user you're hooped, no such app seems to exist and good luck finding anyone or a post who knows how to help you. Anyway now that I've changed the settings somewhat, there is a huge improvement in the graphics overall (and I already thought it looked good!) and game performance (frame rate) has not been compromised one bit, in fact it seems to be running better than ever.

By the way; here are the white cracks:

The white cracks would disappear zoomed in but further out they became very severe, although some hairstyles were still terrible close up.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ How many ears did Spock have? The left ear, the right ear, and the final front ear. :D
Old 13th Dec 2017, 11:50 PM #1654
Moraelin
Scholar

5 Achievements

This is not my cat. Well, neither is the other one.

http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1735929

Not sure why would a cat want to eat CHILI, but I guess if you want to melt a hole through the litter box, that's one way to do it
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  NotMyCat.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  301.6 KB  
Old Yesterday, 6:49 AM #1655
spidergirl79
Scholar

4 Achievements

After reading that @Pillowkitty6 increased the length of their day (using MCCC) and it made the day more manageable, I decided to give it a try and haven't gone back. Big thanks to them!
Big developments for Kristopher. Click spoiler for pictures/story.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ How many ears did Spock have? The left ear, the right ear, and the final front ear. :D
Old Yesterday, 9:19 AM #1656
Moraelin
Scholar

5 Achievements

Aye, I'm on a 33% longer day myself. (Time factor increased from 25 to 33.) Otherwise I don't have the time to hug all those cats
Old Yesterday, 9:32 AM #1657
spidergirl79
Scholar

4 Achievements

Mine is 50. It is so much more relaxed. Even woohoo seems to last forever. *chuckles*

Old Yesterday, 9:47 AM #1658
elubviq
Test Subject

Right now, my sims family is going down the line... I may have cried when my girl's dads died, but i guess that's just what happens, right? ;-;
Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM #1659
spidergirl79
Scholar

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elubviq
Right now, my sims family is going down the line... I may have cried when my girl's dads died, but i guess that's just what happens, right? ;-;

Totally. I might have when Henry's dad died (Henry is my fave sim) but I was more upset for Henry than for Hugh... T^T

Old Yesterday, 9:35 PM #1660
Moraelin
Scholar

5 Achievements

Quick, Robin! To the Catmobile! The commissioner has fired up the cat signal!
http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1736050

Edit: and yeah, the owner is in the Police career.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Catmobile.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  257.2 KB  
Last edited by Moraelin : Yesterday at 11:55 PM.
Old Today, 4:48 AM #1661
Ive
Scholar

5 Achievements

What's going on here then

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Old Today, 12:09 PM #1662
Pillowkitty6
Lab Assistant

Been awhile since I last posted. Had to collect my thoughts. Decided to withdraw from Sims 4 again due to annoyance with multitasking and AI routing.

@spidergirl79 Happy setting it to 50 worked out for you! It really feels needed when you've got to wash up and care for pets on the daily.

A day in the park, music warms the heart and this my readers shall be thy final part!

Warning: 24 Images Long!!

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup

Section jump: