Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1340
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 10830 (Who?), Viewed: 1333294 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Oct 2017, 6:03 PM DefaultMy discovery of the Day! #10826
Emmett Brown
Instructor

This is so lame... I tried to start the ctrl+shift+c cheat from the pick a save screen, and it worked.
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  CheatsOnGameStart.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  313.1 KB  
Old 12th Oct 2017, 6:11 PM #10827
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

6 Achievements

What use could it have? Can you enable testingcheats from the main menu?

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 15th Oct 2017, 11:36 AM #10828
sweetdevil
Top Secret Researcher

14 Achievements

Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
pocci/gardenbreeze CC reupload
Old 15th Oct 2017, 12:09 PM #10829
Don Babilon
Department of Post-Mortem Communications

8 Achievements

I also dimly remember that in order to use the cheat that adds lifetime happiness points to individual Sims you have to have testingcheatsenabled on before you enter a save.
Old 15th Oct 2017, 12:15 PM #10830
tizerist
Theorist

I know that some cheats I have set up to run automatically via NRaas Overwatch (freerealestate, disableclothingfilter on, and restrictbuildbuyonlots false) can suddenly randomly not work despite the code being entered, which sucks massively

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Old 15th Oct 2017, 2:37 PM #10831
Elynda
Forum Resident

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

This may explain what just happened to me. I was working in one of my story saves and I had both 'testingcheatsenabled' & 'moviemakercheatsenabled' set to on. As I usually do when working on stories, I shift clicked on the mail box to make motives static. When I'd finished shooting I quit (without saving) to the main menu and decided to play another save for a little. When it had loaded I immediately notice that my sim, who had just gone to bed the last time I played, was out of bed with the 'well rested' moodlet. When I checked, all her other needs were at maximum. I was going to leave it at that, but then I noticed the needs bars weren't falling and the energy bar had green arrows to the right as if it were still increasing. I've had that happen before, and now I see that it must have been caused by the cheats I used in the previous save. In future I shall have to remember to turn them off when I've finished.

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer * Simblr: The Newcomb Saga
"Well, the way things are can go and eat a dick then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe
Old Today, 4:58 PM #10832
pretenshus
Instructor

I made a post earlier about populating a building world with sims using nraas debug but recently I've just been going through store and ea worlds and saving those already developed families and placing them on lots in this large building world. It's nice to have a world of familiar families as well to pull from whenever I want to fill some houses. I call it "Gene Pull"

Section jump: