Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1250
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6744 (Who?), Viewed: 428843 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Oct 2017, 10:10 PM #6726
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Makin' Magic. You got a hole with a neon arrow pointing down it with your starter magic kit, and jumping through it was the only way to get to Magic Town. The Magic Town lots all had similar holes on them somewhere, so you could get home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 17th Oct 2017, 10:30 PM #6727
Voeille
Scholar

22 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Makin' Magic. You got a hole with a neon arrow pointing down it with your starter magic kit, and jumping through it was the only way to get to Magic Town. The Magic Town lots all had similar holes on them somewhere, so you could get home.

If you wanted to visit Magic Town with the whole household you had to call a hot air balloon, the holes only allowed one sim to travel.

To be honest I would like everything from Makin’ Magic in TS2, especially drunk gnomes, spells and charms

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Old 17th Oct 2017, 10:38 PM #6728
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

You could call a hot air balloon? Wow, if I'd only known!

The gnomes and the flamingo dancers were great. Enchanting the chess pieces was a waste of time, though. And I was disappointed that turning people into toads didn't affect the relationship.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 17th Oct 2017, 11:31 PM #6729
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
I am getting there. I am having to remove the sound manually from each animation (made custom) but it is working! The lights were easy to take care of.

Sending it off for testing

oh and thank you @anyokume I will look at it later, because I want to improve it a bit yet. it needs an extended footprint for one thing. would be nice to make those football players a separate texture actually and add some animation to them

btw anyone who wants to test... feel free to contact me I am working on it, I have play and join working without lights and sound. However, I haven't done the child animations yet, so it is only adults basically right now. and I have an invisible recolor. I am thinking I will do some stuff to this for more use if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I will just get kids working and leave it alone.

kids appear to be working just fine.

After testing I can say the foosball works great. Now trying to think how I can set it up with the invisible recolour in my medieval game. I wonder if I set up a smaller table with something on it if it could look like they were playing with something else...?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM #6730
maxon
Now what dammit?

23 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
You could call a hot air balloon? Wow, if I'd only known!

The gnomes and the flamingo dancers were great. Enchanting the chess pieces was a waste of time, though. And I was disappointed that turning people into toads didn't affect the relationship.

I suppose it might depend on whether your sim had to kiss them to change them back ...

That was a great EP and we were only able to enjoy it for a short time before TS2 arrived.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM #6731
gdayars
Turquoise Dragon

13 Achievements

I would dearly love a greater expansion on the witches in sims 2 as well.

There just wasn't enough to do with them.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM #6732
grinevilly
Lab Assistant

I also tested the foosball table without incident! Sorry i couldn't get back to you, @gdayars! Skype's gone bonkers. Wont sign in. Just keeps reloading and reloading and reloading. Nothing i can do about it. =(

-gE
>=)
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM #6733
gdayars
Turquoise Dragon

13 Achievements

Thanks @grinevilly darn old skype anyway :/

and that means it works for freetime!
Old Yesterday, 3:33 AM #6734
AliaD85
Forum Resident

4 Achievements

I'd like my sim to have the ability to sleep in a car. Hey, sometimes people take naps in their cars....

You can't lie to me. I play Town Of Salem.
Old Yesterday, 3:53 AM #6735
frogz2007
Inventor

1 Achievements

I want a "No autonomous dirty joke' mod since I hate the negative effect on some couples' relationships.

I'd also like a mod which allows you to say goodbye to Sims on a community lot since it's annoying when 2 Sims fight like crazy.
Old Yesterday, 3:56 AM #6736
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

@frogz2007 About half way down in the list. http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=9756 No autonomous dirty jokes. Remember to try WCIF for things that are likely to have been made already.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 3:57 AM #6737
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

4 Achievements

@frogz2007 - Squinge made this: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,17387.0.html
Checo and Lisa Ramirez kept falling out of love because they were telling each other dirty jokes and apparently they were that bad. Then they'd ACR kiss and fall in love again. It was a little annoying after a while.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Old Yesterday, 3:58 AM #6738
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Ninj'a yah!

~Call me Jo~
Old Yesterday, 6:34 AM #6739
Rosawyn
Scholar

I use Fewer Dirty Jokes by Cyjon, because I like the logic of playful or outgoing sims telling dirty jokes autonomously. I find it reduces the autonomous dirty jokes enough that they're no longer a problem in my game.
Old Yesterday, 6:41 AM #6740
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Same as Rosawyn. I like the chaos dirty jokes can create, but that's just me.

I, however, banned the freaking VOOO GERBBIIITS! It's fine when the cheerleaders and mascots do it, not so fun when your university graduates think it's an awesome way to introduce themselves to strangers! For the interested: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7304

Please read the instructions carefully - it might be confusing because there are one-package sets consisting of several non-autonomous socials and others are a pick-what-you-want-buffet-style list of mods.

@AliaD85 I hope whoever does it remembers to add a check for burglars! I remember a hearse that was cloned from a gnome and constantly stolen by townies.

Also, I don't know if there's a mod for making others leave community lots. I usually just teleport them away with the Blender, force delete/moveobjects delete them off the lot, or, if they're particularly annoying, smite them.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Last edited by Sketching : Yesterday at 8:07 AM. Reason: added link
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM #6741
Diovanlestat
Field Researcher

@frogz2007
Mod which allows you to say goodbye to sims on a community lot
It was on my re-installation list so I was looking it up yesterday. I badly needed it for those romance sims whose dates never went home, so they couldn't move on to seduce all the new people they had met.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM #6742
Sketching
Lab Assistant

Ooh, shiny. Time for testing!

Also, I love the mod's description: Horde of tourists and local guests (arrived with BV) on community lots sometimes not a very big pleasure not only for my sims, but for me too.

Edit: Okay, it does work as advertised and I didn't need to greet anyone to ask them to leave, thank wheatgrass, but hilarity ensues when you ask everyone to leave at the same time on a route-failure prone lot. Be careful where you use it.

Then again, I might not actually need this often because the Blender is on all of my lots and I realized that I didn't want to keep sending my sim over to say goodbye to the nuisances. I'm not the bouncer, just get out of here!

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.

Stories and stories about mermaids, kings and sunken treasure, magic worlds where the impossible becomes the everyday!
Last edited by Sketching : Yesterday at 7:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM #6743
mdsb759
Scholar

about dirty jokes, I do not recall any bad effects from them in my game. and not sure whether or not me seeing it autonomously done.
most (or maybe all) dirty jokes (and I think also "normal" jokes) were done by me; and I think both sims had high relationship with each other before the interaction was done. had base game at the time; and I do not think I have any mods for this.
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM #6744
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

21 Achievements

View My Journal

Dirty jokes can be taken badly by the listening sim, even when sims are at 100/100 and married.

~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 12:05 AM #6745
grinevilly
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Dirty jokes can be taken badly by the listening sim, even when sims are at 100/100 and married.

Makes you wonder... just exactly WHAT did he say??

-gE
>=)

Section jump: