|Search this Thread|
|22nd Jul 2017, 1:58 AM||Need help unfucking a fucky hairstyle (important) #1|
Real talk, dudes. Sim wardrobe malfunction of the decade.
My girl Amber, my main Sim, my favourite pet creature, has this hairstyle. She's had it right since I made her 5 years ago, so I'm not changing it. Because it's good, right?
Well...it's broken as fuck (pardon my French). Let's review the issues:
- The .package is somehow corrupted, and it's making every tool I've tried go apeshit. won't clone it, Milkshape won't save the SIMGEOM (even though it'll open it just fine), and Blender...well, Blender won't have anything to do with SIMGEOMs anyway. That's broken too.
- There's no scalp texture. She's bald under there.
- The bones are a bit shit, every time she turns her head everything goes a bit ugly around the neck.
- I can't put a snapback over it. Amber's lesbian douchebag look isn't going to work without a snapback, and since this isn't TS4, I can't fit one on. If the whole thing weren't broken, I'd just muck around in Milkshape a bit and make it work.
- It generally doesn't look very good. I like the hair because it's big and suits her whole strong-and-confident-yet-unfeminine look, while also having enough volume to look powerful in an 80s power suit-wearing business babe sort of way.
But that doesn't mean it's got the exact shape I want it to have. It needs to stick out more on top, and there should be more hair on one side than the other. There should be a bit of a swoop to the side, like Jessica Rabbit's hair (only not ridiculous).
So, in short, I need help. When a virtual pet human is more important to you than your actual, real life pet dog, the least you can do is make sure her hair's good.
But when the computer says no, tough shit doing it yourself. I need you lovely people to help me out.
Oh and by the way, this is one of those posts I've been wanting to post for like a year and a half, but you know me - I'm lazy. I never get around to these things. So thanks. I don't know what for, just thanks.
|22nd Jul 2017, 1:21 PM||#2|
Destroyer of Worlds
People can help talk you through how to fix it but, as is, this sounds like a not-so-thinly veiled request for someone else to do it for you.
If the package is broken/corrupt try redownloading it from the source. All the other issues sound like typical hair issues - broken bones, hats (we've never had this ability unless you count hat sliders from aWT which, with a wide hair like this, would have to be resized so large it would probably look comical).
You might be able to fix the bones and the scalp but the rest not so much. Unfortunately, it sounds like you either need to change the hair to something that works more how you'd like it and compromise with the style or learn to mesh to make what it is you have in mind.
|22nd Jul 2017, 2:20 PM||#3|
I don't have a source, I don't know where I got it. And like I said, I can't fix it. All of the tools crash.
|23rd Jul 2017, 12:10 AM||#4|
That looks a bit like something in my game...
Not that I have any better idea of where it came from. Unless it's by Claeric or Peggy.
ETA It's more likely Peggy than Claeric. Claeric didn't like to release stuff that was broken; Peggy did.
|23rd Jul 2017, 11:49 AM||#5|
I think this was a TS2 conversion because I swear I've seen it in TS2 too. Either way, the more I look at it the more I hate it. The best option, I suppose, would be to find another hairstyle entirely.
|23rd Jul 2017, 2:49 PM||#6|
If you're going to change, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=563152 has a couple that might be good.
(Or, if it's a TS2 conversion, you might be able to convert it again for yourself. And even improve it a bit.)
|23rd Jul 2017, 8:35 PM||#7|
Buckley had a pretty good hairstyle for 20 year old hat-wearing Amber, and I use those hairstyles a ton for all my other Sims, but it's just not good enough for Amber. Or Holly, for that matter, but her hair is still tolerable as-is.
So thanks for the advice, but it's not what I need.