Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:45 AM
Default Move over LGR I've found my new favourite snarky reviewer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFFvzXgcfuA

Tell me this isn't the most tongue in cheek thing you've ever seen in your life. I dare you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:15 AM
I think the video is supposed to be like an inside joke/parody of a S4 playthrough she runs.
Not a snarky critique of the game pack.

FOR THE HORDE
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I think the video is supposed to be like an inside joke/parody of a S4 playthrough she runs.
Not a snarky critique of the game pack.

It's both. Whether or not you or she even realize it. Her boredom incapsulates most sane people reactions to the pack. This is the age of post-modernism (or the age just after it where people at least understand the concepts of the movement) readers interpretation matters as much as the artists and I say that she points out exactly why no one should get this pack whether or not that is her intention. Though I wouldn't put it past her to be her intention. The woman has always come off as being alot more evil in terms of sense of humour than most of her contemporaries. Biting the hand humour is not beyond her at all.

You need to learn to have some imagination. If you think the surface level is all that's even there. Frankly I'm disgusted that people are only taking the video at face value. That's the kind of attitude that'll lead to EA screwing you over again and again people.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:16 AM
Had to turn it off immediately as her voice is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Won't waste 18 minutes of my life on that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Had to turn it off immediately as her voice is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Won't waste 18 minutes of my life on that.

Well that's mean, just because you like LGR, hate me and are determined to dislike something awesome because it's not LGR or because it's recommended by me. Doesn't mean it's okay to demean someones genetic imperfections. Rude.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
It's both. Whether or not you or she even realize it. Her boredom incapsulates most sane people reactions to the pack. This is the age of post-modernism (or the age just after it where people at least understand the concepts of the movement) readers interpretation matters as much as the artists and I say that she points out exactly why no one should get this pack whether or not that is her intention. Though I wouldn't put it past her to be her intention. The woman has always come off as being alot more evil in terms of sense of humour than most of her contemporaries. Biting the hand humour is not beyond her at all.

You need to learn to have some imagination. If you think the surface level is all that's even there. Frankly I'm disgusted that people are only taking the video at face value. That's the kind of attitude that'll lead to EA screwing you over again and again people.

She doesn't seem all that unique I watched a few of her videos, she sounds and acts like Vixella in her Sims videos. I had to go search for Vixella's channel to make sure she just didn't change her name.

What makes LGR enjoyable for me is that, my man just does not give a fuck. He got slam-dunked by EA and goes about his business regardless.
The only reason why any of these youtubers i've never heard of before would get by with being super "vague" on a video of a new pack after they get their early access keys straight from EA's dripping maw is because if they were overt EA with drop them like a hot sack.

You reading into her video is giving her way too much credit,while she isn't risking anything at all for it.

FOR THE HORDE
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
She doesn't seem all that unique I watched a few of her videos, she sounds and acts like Vixella. I had to go search for Vixella's channel to make sure she just didn't change her name.
What makes LGR enjoyable for me is that, my man just does not give a fuck. He got slam-dunked by EA and goes about his business regardless.
The only reason why any of these youtubers i've never heard of before would get by with being "vague" on a video of a new pack after they get their early access keys straight from EA's dripping maw is because if they were overt EA with drop them like a hot sack.

You reading into her video is giving her way too much credit,while she isn't risking anything at all for it.

I don't watch Vixella, nor would I, she's a Cupquake clone and Cupquake is annoying af

The title was really fascious, I don't think she could replace LGR though she does remind me of LGR, and the only other Sims person to do that was Sims3Simbiote in her Romantic Garden review. If people can't tell the difference between a comparison and literally saying two things are the same thing that's not my problem. Also forming a bad opinion of her character just because you don't like the way I an unrelated person introduced her to you is misguided. Don't project your resentment of my fascious title or mannerism onto an unrelated individual. She wouldn't lose anything from this, not because she's a bad person though, but because no one else makes her types of videos. As such she is not threatened by a lack of free stuff because she could just do her sims series entirely with custom content if she didn't have the money to buy the packs on her own. I consider her to be untouchable because her stupid content is very much HER stupid content.

LGR also didn't lose anything when he lost his key, again because his content is original, if not risking anything is such a crime you should be against him as well. Because he loses nothing of import by speaking out because speaking out is his thing. Being a rebel is what makes him marketable. And you have nothing but your own faith in him to prove he wouldn't be easily bought if he didn't have that going for him. That might sound cynical but it's true, everyone on youtube is selling themselves as a product that includes LGR and the fact that his product is more palatable to you does not change the fact that it IS a product.
dodgy builder
#8 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 5:06 PM
That was seriously annoying to listen too. It's like someone's scratching my nerves
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
That was seriously annoying to listen too. It's like someone's scratching my nerves

Again don't take it out on the person just because you don't like the way she was introduced to you. I don't believe for a second that you sincerely don't like her. I think you just don't like the context in which you were introduced and are making up stuff to justify hating her. There's nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise. If I can like her despite her flaws with my short temper and lack of paitiance then there's no way someone else could ever hate her.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Candacis : 17th Jan 2018 at 9:11 AM.
Nobody was talking about "hating" that person. Just expressing opinions about the video, the same way you expressed your opinion about it. You liked the video, others didn't.

Humor is subjective. It wasn't my type of humor that she pretended the washing machines were people? and I also sometimes disliked the way she talked, a little bit too high strung. That doesn't mean I hate her. I don't even hate her voice. Just wasn't the style I like. Although I have to say, I liked the second half of the video more. Maybe she'll grow on me For instance, I liked her 24h living like a sim video.
But please, this is all subjective. Nobody is hating her. You can dislike something particular a person did, but it doesn't mean you hate or dislike the person. No need to defend her.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:56 PM
Again don't take it out on the person just because you don't like the way she was introduced to you. I don't believe for a second that you sincerely don't like her. I think you just don't like the context in which you were introduced and are making up stuff to justify hating her. There's nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise. If I can like her despite her flaws with my short temper and lack of paitiance then there's no way someone else could ever hate her.

Well that's mean, just because you like LGR, hate me and are determined to dislike something awesome because it's not LGR or because it's recommended by me. Doesn't mean it's okay to demean someones genetic imperfections. Rude.

You're....uh...escalating things a bit far over some comments about a YouTuber's voice

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:11 PM Last edited by craftyplumbob : 17th Jan 2018 at 5:26 PM.
Far from snarky. In fact, it was obnoxiously unfunny. Sorry.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

Again don't take it out on the person just because you don't like the way she was introduced to you.

I don't watch Vixella, nor would I, she's a Cupquake clone and Cupquake is annoying af

Hey, why does it stinks here? Hey I know. It's the OP, who is the pot calling the kettle black.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:16 PM
I'm sorry but the channel is not funny, nor snarky. It is quite annoying too, especially the sound quality. For you to even recommend this makes me wonder whether are you a friend of the youtuber, or the youtuber herself.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
For you to even recommend this makes me wonder whether are you a friend of the youtuber, or the youtuber herself.

I was honestly thinking the same thing based on how defensive she got

The Receptacle still lives!
dodgy builder
#16 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:45 PM

You can do whatever you like. I was just talking about my reaction to the voice. Totally subjective, not at all objective. As others has suggested, do you know this person? If it's you, then I'm sorry I offended you.

That's said. I listen to very little of the video, but with the first post in this thread, and my first impression of the video, I thought the voice was a part of an act or something
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:09 PM
Don't see my time of humour. 18 minutes video? Ehh, to be straight I'm gonna get bored rather quickly than watching LGR's concise reviews. Especially when it's TS4 and the relationship I have with it.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:35 PM
she isnt funny at all, shes just another EA's puppet.
Scholar
#19 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:57 PM
this topic and op's posts nearly read like clickbait or a script. None of this seems remotely genuine.
If you'd like to sell a channel or vid to people you may need to be less aggressive.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 3:30 AM Last edited by thevogel : 23rd Jan 2018 at 7:12 PM.
LGR review.... and Yes... This is how it is done!!!!!

https://youtu.be/KA-NZPqOr5Y