Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 5:10 AM
Default Info | Unable to move objects up and down with 9 and 0
The big MOO update also added the ability to move held objects up and down by pressing the 9 and 0 keys. The patch notes mentioned that Maxis was aware of the conflict between this new feature and saved camera positions but, to my knowledge, it hasn't been solved yet. (For those who don't use saved camera positions, pressing 9 would snap the camera to that position instead of raising a held object)

What I did that worked for me: Saved camera positions are found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/VideoCameraStates. Either delete the file VideoCameraStates.ini (launching the game will regenerate a new one, resetting all your saved camera positions), or you can open it up in Notepad and delete Camera State 9 and all the information underneath it (resetting only the position saved to the "9" key). Then you can raise objects as normal with MOO.

Hope this is useful for builders!

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 9:18 AM
That is very helpful. Thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 10:07 AM
I haven't made any videos like that with TS4 I think. Isn't it possible to use the tab camera? Will that be a problem as well?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I haven't made any videos like that with TS4 I think. Isn't it possible to use the tab camera? Will that be a problem as well?

You can use the tab camera with all of the saved camera positions as usual, but if you've already saved a camera position to 9 then trying to press the 9 (in Build Mode) to raise a held object will snap the camera to that position instead of moving the object. My solution is mainly for people who have already used the 9 key for a saved camera position and don't know how to "undo" it in order to use that key to raise held objects.

My Simblr is FakeHouses|RealAwesome
Check out my Sim re-creations of 1920s kit homes:
The Shadow Lawn ||| The Plaza ||| The Trenton
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 6:14 AM
I have never (knowingly) saved a camera position, but I definitely have had that problem! I'll now go and fix it. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FakeHouses|RealAwesome
What I did that worked for me: Saved camera positions are found in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/VideoCameraStates. Either delete the file VideoCameraStates.ini (launching the game will regenerate a new one, resetting all your saved camera positions), or you can open it up in Notepad and delete Camera State 9 and all the information underneath it (resetting only the position saved to the "9" key). Then you can raise objects as normal with MOO.

I am experiencing this problem and play on the Mac. I can't find such a folder or .ini file. Would it be some place else or do you have any other advice? All other keys work except the 9 and 0.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:51 AM
It worked!!!! Thank U so much for your help.
The big MOO update also added the ability to move held objects up and down by pressing the 9 and 0 keys. The patch notes mentioned that Maxis was aware of the conflict between this new feature and saved camera positions but, to my knowledge, it hasn't been solved yet. (For those who don't use saved camera positions, pressing 9 would snap the camera to that position instead of raising a held object)

Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:23 PM
Thanks SO much ,worked like a charm!!! :-)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 12:17 AM
For Macs, you now have to press and hold CTRL + 9 or 0.

Origin ID: SimGemini
Follow me on: Instagram and Twitter
Speed Builds on my Youtube Channel: tinyurl.com/SimGemini
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 3:46 PM

YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I knew it was a camera save issue but I didn't know how to fix it. Thanks muchly