Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 27
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#151 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 11:59 PM
This is very complete, thanks for your hard working and quality mod.
Test Subject
#152 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:05 AM
I seen this on XurbansimsX yt channel and i wanted to get it i downloaded all the files and everything but it won't work or me if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know
Test Subject
#153 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Thanks!

The links for custom harvestables are listed under the 'Show Spoiler about Optional packs and Custom Harvestables' ( Under 9. Requirement)

The Cocoa bean can be found here

Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#154 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 11:45 AM
Okay, I've seemed to have hit a problem. My sim just hit level 7 in Canning, and despite having your garlic and the garlic that came with the Vampire EP, in her inventory. She cannot make the garlic spread. Am I doing something wrong? I just made a video showcasing this awesome mod. I think it's somewhere around 20 minutes where I try to have her make it. I'm not getting any errors from MCCC, but could something be conflicting that's preventing her from making the spread?
https://youtu.be/LU98RjXCU6o
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#155 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oldenBuffy
Okay, I've seemed to have hit a problem. My sim just hit level 7 in Canning, and despite having your garlic and the garlic that came with the Vampire EP, in her inventory. She cannot make the garlic spread. Am I doing something wrong? I just made a video showcasing this awesome mod. I think it's somewhere around 20 minutes where I try to have her make it. I'm not getting any errors from MCCC, but could something be conflicting that's preventing her from making the spread?
https://youtu.be/LU98RjXCU6o

Hi, thank you so much for the report! I checked and found that i had used an earlier version of the garlic definition in the spread recipe (instead of the current upload version). Will correct it in the next version! Thanks for the review :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by kailey1234
I seen this on XurbansimsX yt channel and i wanted to get it i downloaded all the files and everything but it won't work or me if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know

Hi, have you unzipped the files before placing them in the mods folder? Can you find the canning station in the catalouge ?

Thank you so much guys!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#156 Old 15th Aug 2017 at 2:56 PM
You are very welcome. I'm so glad I was able to help! Look forward to the update too!
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 1:56 AM
ok thanks for the response but i finally got the mods to work you were right i needed to unpack the files but now i have a different issue. everything is in the game and seems to be work except the canning station its self for some reason it lets me click it and gives me the options but won't give me the crafting menus the buttons just stay there and won'[t let me click them. even if i have everything i need to craft something.
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:14 PM
:/ I'm running into a problem. I thought I had a mod conflict issue, but I uninstalled all of my mods and redownloaded this mod to get a fresh install, but I still get the same problem. The appliance appears in the buy mode, is purchasable, and ghosts can possess it, but no other interactions function. The menu pops up with the options to make jam, spread, etc. and my sim has 10+ of various fruits and vegetables, but clicking "make jam" just closes the menu and does not open an option to make apple jam. The sim can gain skills through reading, but it doesn't help.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#159 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keryntha
:/ I'm running into a problem. I thought I had a mod conflict issue, but I uninstalled all of my mods and redownloaded this mod to get a fresh install, but I still get the same problem. The appliance appears in the buy mode, is purchasable, and ghosts can possess it, but no other interactions function. The menu pops up with the options to make jam, spread, etc. and my sim has 10+ of various fruits and vegetables, but clicking "make jam" just closes the menu and does not open an option to make apple jam. The sim can gain skills through reading, but it doesn't help.

Hi, it seems like you do not have the Preserve files ( icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom ). You can ignore the conflicts since it is just showing some conflict between parts of common resources. Will not have any effect in game.
Test Subject
#160 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 19th Aug 2017 at 2:03 PM.
hey i have a problem. i downloaded everything i needed it to but whenever i try to make something it says something about lastexception.txt files??? what do i do??
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#161 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlaskaYoo
hey i have a problem. i downloaded everything i needed it to but whenever i try to make something it says something about lastexception.txt files??? what do i do??

Please check with only this mod. If the LE appears with only this mod please post the LE file here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:22 AM
Ice you always make the neatest food stuffs and mods
Test Subject
#163 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:57 AM
Hi, it seems like you do not have the Preserve files ( icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom ). You can ignore the conflicts since it is just showing some conflict between parts of common resources. Will not have any effect in game.

I did download and extract those files. They are definitely in the mods folder. I just redownloaded the whole mod, extracted the files to the mod folder. The files are definitely there. Are they not supposed to be extracted? https://puu.sh/xezvc/9cbdc72956.jpg Here is a picture of what I see when I start the game, so they are at least being read by the game, but I am still getting the same response. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:52 PM
Hi, the mod looks great! Unfortunately I think I am having the same issue as keryntha. I have the Preserves EA file, along with the Base file and the Black Plate file. I was able to purchase the canning station, but when I click on "Make Jam" nothing happens. I have 20 freshly grown apples in my inventory. The only thing I can think of is the sim I am trying to have use the station is a teen. Do they have to be young adult / adult?
Test Subject
#165 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:06 PM
Hi, I seem to be having the same problem as others. I have downloaded all the files you have provided for this amazing mod and unpacked each file, I have no other mods in game in order to be sure that it wasn't conflicting with anything else. I can purchase and place the canning base, shelves, jars, books, etc, and it works up to that point. My sims has at least twenty of each fruit and vegetables in their inventory. The base allows me to click on it and it will show the pie menu, but when I click on any of the first three choices, it doesn't continue on to the next menu. Instead, the menu disappears. I've tried putting the station indoors and outdoors, resetting it, resetting sims, re-downloading the mods and replacing them in the mods folder, nothing works. Please help! I love your creations and need them in my game!
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Kira Drowley
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#166 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 3:28 PM
@GOIG @Kira_Drowly @keryntha

Hey, the problem is really strange! The list pocker is appearing and then disappearing on clicking it ? A few questions -
1. What is your patch level ?
2. What are your installed packs ?
3. Do you have any UI mods,crafting mods, stove overrides ?
4. Are you getting an LE ? If you are getting the last exception, please can you post it ?
Test Subject
#167 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:01 PM Last edited by GOIG : 20th Aug 2017 at 4:59 PM.

Hey, the problem is really strange! The list pocker is appearing and then disappearing on clicking it ? A few questions -
4. Are you getting an LE ? If you are getting the last exception, please can you post it ?

Hi, thanks for the quick response! And yup, that's exactly what's happening. It's pretty strange. Anyway:
1. My patch level is 1.32.1.1020.
2. The only installed packs I have are Get to Work, City Living, and Vampires. I originally had the Get to Work package downloaded but when the canning station wasn't working, I deleted it to see if that was the issue. It wasn't, which is good because I really want to use that if I can get the mod working on my game.
3. The only mods I really have that affect the oven are necrodog's oven mods for making pizza. As far as skilling goes, I do have this mod that grants baking experience for making desserts instead of cooking experience (EDIT: just deleted this mod; issue remains). Otherwise all my other mods affect vastly different parts of the game (clothes, hair, chairs, etc). I don't have any UI mods either.
4. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any LE, or I don't know how to see it (is it supposed to pop up at you? because nothing's popping up on my screen).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:27 PM
que trabalho espetacular! Muito obrigada! What a spectacular job! Thank you very much!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#169 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GOIG
Hi, thanks for the quick response! And yup, that's exactly what's happening. It's pretty strange. Anyway:
1. My patch level is 1.32.1.1020.
2. The only installed packs I have are Get to Work, City Living, and Vampires. I originally had the Get to Work package downloaded but when the canning station wasn't working, I deleted it to see if that was the issue. It wasn't, which is good because I really want to use that if I can get the mod working on my game.
3. The only mods I really have that affect the oven are necrodog's oven mods for making pizza. As far as skilling goes, I do have this mod that grants baking experience for making desserts instead of cooking experience (EDIT: just deleted this mod; issue remains). Otherwise all my other mods affect vastly different parts of the game (clothes, hair, chairs, etc). I don't have any UI mods either.
4. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any LE, or I don't know how to see it (is it supposed to pop up at you? because nothing's popping up on my screen).

Oh I see you don't have outdoor retreat installed... I will pm you a package with some minor tweaking. Can you check it out ?
Test Subject
#170 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 5:47 AM

It is weird! It's had me stumped! :O

1. 1.32.1.1020
2. I have nothing but the base game and whatever free holiday stuff
3. I have this issue when I have no mods except for this canning mod!
4. I am not getting any error messages at all, it simply clicks off. Every other element of the mod and game proceeds as normal aside from it being uninteractable (except with ghosts, ghosts can possess it)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#171 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
What a super mod that you've created!! For some reason my game keeps throwing last exceptions at me when ever I try to make jam...I just wanted to say thanks even though I can't use it!
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:09 AM Last edited by cdshrout1171 : 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:26 AM.
When I make cucumber pickles the task comes up as lemon preserves in the task bar. Also, the potato pickles don't work at all.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#173 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:24 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 22nd Aug 2017 at 10:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
When I make cucumber pickles the task comes up as lemon preserves in the task bar. Also, the potato pickles don't work at all.

Thats a remnant of some previous strings. I am working on some bug fixes. Also about the potato pickles, you cannot make them in spite of having the harvestables ? Thanks for the report

Hey guys, will post an update with the mini bug fixes and the translations as soon as i have some time!

@rena2sweet4u can you please post the LE here ? It will be useful
Test Subject
#174 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:52 AM
which folder do i download to can EA and custom harvestables? Thanks
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#175 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamikazewolf
which folder do i download to can EA and custom harvestables? Thanks

Hi, for both EA and Custom harvestables you need the first 3 files and the Black plate - icemunmun_Canning_Base, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom, icemunmun_Black_Plate
Page 7 of 27