Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 27
Test Subject
#126 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:16 AM
I removed all of the mccc files and the ww files and all my custom food mods as well to see if any of those were the issue but the canning station still didn't work. And now i'm getting a new error. I'm not sure if its related to the canning station though or something else... I haven't played my game in quite a while cause I was moving and just barely started playing again, and now im just confused by the errors lol. And realized I DO have other mods too xD and is there a better way to show you my new error code? It is sooooo incredibly long.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DearlyDisliked
I removed all of the mccc files and the ww files and all my custom food mods as well to see if any of those were the issue but the canning station still didn't work. And now i'm getting a new error. I'm not sure if its related to the canning station though or something else... I haven't played my game in quite a while cause I was moving and just barely started playing again, and now im just confused by the errors lol. And realized I DO have other mods too xD and is there a better way to show you my new error code? It is sooooo incredibly long.

You can use this site http://xmlprettyprint.com/ to make the LE readable. But if you haven't played in a while than it might be some outdated mod or other broken stuff.
Test Subject
#128 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:51 AM
i'm already using that site to make it easier to read and it's still incredibly long lol. I think i'm gonna have to go through all my mods and remove them and update again and see if I can figure out what's going on. I don't remember having this issue until I updated my ww and mccc. But when I remove that, it doesn't fix my issue. So i'm sure there is something that's most likely outdated or broken Now I dread having so much mods and cc
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DearlyDisliked
i'm already using that site to make it easier to read and it's still incredibly long lol. I think i'm gonna have to go through all my mods and remove them and update again and see if I can figure out what's going on. I don't remember having this issue until I updated my ww and mccc. But when I remove that, it doesn't fix my issue. So i'm sure there is something that's most likely outdated or broken Now I dread having so much mods and cc

I know what you mean. I had to do this a month back and it took me two days to go through all my mods and cc to figure out what cause the issues I'm having that time. You can try the MCCC Discord channel with your LE maybe they can tell you or have at least an idea which mod/cc is broken. They're quite good at that. Anyway, WW and MCCC are quite fine, so if you want to go through all your cc I would start with MCCC it will tell you right away if you add something back that makes trouble.
Test Subject
#130 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hello, the mod conflictor shows a conflict because there are some common resources I used for both the packages ( and for some of my food mods). it does not necessarily mean that there will be an issue in game.
Do the menus not appear ? Do you have all the files required? Can you test without other mods ?

Hi, I use MCCC 3.6 (and ofcourse my own food mods and interactions) and I have no errors popping up. If you can post the Last exception, the issue can be easier to find ! If you are getting an error pop up in game but no LE in the game files, then there is an MCCC issue ?

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me! The menus pop up fine but the sims don't do anything. No interactions pop up. I've tried it without other mods but it doesn't make a difference. I have all of your custom food and These are the names of the files in my mods folder. icemunmun_Black_plate.package, icemunmun_Canning_base.package, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA.package and icemunmun_Canning_RetailShelves_GTW.package. Thank you for your time!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#131 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Javo2005
Hi! Thanks for getting back to me! The menus pop up fine but the sims don't do anything. No interactions pop up. I've tried it without other mods but it doesn't make a difference. I have all of your custom food and These are the names of the files in my mods folder. icemunmun_Black_plate.package, icemunmun_Canning_base.package, icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA.package and icemunmun_Canning_RetailShelves_GTW.package. Thank you for your time!

What happens when you click on the canning station ? No 'Make Jam' interaction appears ?
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:33 AM

The only thing my sims could do at the moment is apple jam, because they are new to the canning skill, and they need apples in their inventory to do it. My sim made apple jam without problem now he need apples for another one.
By saying the menus pop up fine you mean this?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#133 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 8:11 AM
I would like to start off by saying your mods are awesome and thanks for taking the time to make them
I do have and issue and was hoping maybe you can help. When I download the custom harvest and the canning mod it keeps coming up as conflicting with other mods. I have taken out a lot of the conflicting mods and even tested it without any at all and the canning station won't even appear in my game. I was wondering if maybe there is some other trouble shooting I havent tried yet
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#134 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:27 PM
Now if you would do this with the Nectar maker I would be the happiest person in the world!!!!
Test Subject
#135 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
What happens when you click on the canning station ? No 'Make Jam' interaction appears ?

A make jam option appears and the menus appear but the sims don't do anything.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 1:12 PM
Can you please make honey spread too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 1:45 PM
What a great idea! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 5:45 PM
This is freaking awesome! Thank you so much for including a grungy one for us Murker's!
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 8:26 PM
My open air market is doing GREAT selling jams, pickles and spreads! I'm so loving it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 12:13 AM
You wonderful woman! Thanks so much for all you do for this community!
Test Subject
#141 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 7:12 PM
Hello, there's my Last Exception. No modes. New Electonic Arts folder. all files donwloaded including black plate. Thanks for help
Attached files:
File Type: rar  lastException.rar (1.9 KB, 26 downloads)
Scholar
#142 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sylwuska
Hello, there's my Last Exception. No modes. New Electonic Arts folder. all files donwloaded including black plate. Thanks for help

Just because you have a Exception file doesn't mean that something is broken. People jump on this too much. It might have to do with something changed or deleted in game. If the game runs fine, and the mod works, don't obsess over the Exception files. Given the wide range of systems configurations out there and the different packs, sometimes an exception file will generate if you don't have certain packs installed even when a mod is base game compatible.

It is not possible for every creator to cater their mods to every system. Just delete the exception file and keep on going.
Test Subject
#143 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:29 AM
So i cant get the mod to work. i placed the downloads in my mod folder ,when the game loads up its says they are active mods but when i look for the canning station it doesn't appear in game. i have tried looking through everything and searching it , it just doesn't appear.
Test Subject
#144 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheQueeneb
So i cant get the mod to work. i placed the downloads in my mod folder ,when the game loads up its says they are active mods but when i look for the canning station it doesn't appear in game. i have tried looking through everything and searching it , it just doesn't appear.

side note i also cant seem to find the custom food and seeds is there something other then the custom food interact mod i should be updating that is specific to your food because i have some other food from other people and it seems to work.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#145 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 5:44 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 14th Aug 2017 at 8:20 AM.
Thank you so much my lovely peeps for liking the mod! I am really overwhelmed by the love :lovestruc

A make jam option appears and the menus appear but the sims don't do anything.

Look at this comment by Jevi. They explain it very well. The reason the sims don't make the jam is because they do not have the ingredients required . I am guessing the preserve option in the picker menu is greyed put? You need to first collect harvestables.

Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
Can you please make honey spread too?

I do have plans to add some honey related preserve

Quote: Originally posted by sylwuska

Like Mendota said in this comment , the LE necessarily does not mean that there is actually any issue sometime.

The error you attached is a bit different from the black plate error. What i would advice is to download the files again, unzip with 7zip and put it into the mods folder. delete the LE and your localthumnailcache and restart the game.
After that, check whether the canning station and the interactions appear properly. If the LE is spawned again then post a screenshot of the contents of your mods folder and the new LE.
Another question - What packs do you have ?

Hi, just to be sure, did you unpack the .rar files to extract the .package files? Can you post the screencap of your mods folder content and the game pop up about mods ?

side note i also cant seem to find the custom food and seeds is there something other then the custom food interact mod i should be updating that is specific to your food because i have some other food from other people and it seems to work.

Hi, do you mean the custom preserve+bread ? You need to craft that from the jars . And by seeds you mean the custom plants ? The links to them are all given in the download post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#146 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 8:08 AM
Amazing mod! Thanks for this!
Test Subject
#147 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 8:38 AM
Hi! I just downloaded this mod.. thanks again. Quick question... where can I find a cocoa bean to make the cocoa spread?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#148 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicann7
Hi! I just downloaded this mod.. thanks again. Quick question... where can I find a cocoa bean to make the cocoa spread?

Thanks!

The links for custom harvestables are listed under the 'Show Spoiler about Optional packs and Custom Harvestables' ( Under 9. Requirement)

The Cocoa bean can be found here
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:32 PM
I tried this mod with all the custom harvestables listed and everything works great. Thanks a lot Plus the shelves look cool filled with jam jars
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 2:42 PM
OMG!!!! Awesome!!!! Awesome!!! Thank you I missed this.
Page 6 of 27