Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th May 2011 at 3:27 AM
As he stated above, Wes modified the script a bit which corrects the scaling. I'm going to wait until he releases a good Maya base to work from. Then some great things are gonna get done.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 26th May 2011 at 7:25 AM
I though the second FBX I posted was unscaled. Using the 'scale' tool in Maya does not really work right with skinned meshes, but you could emulate what I did in my code by taking the original (scaled by 100) mesh and setting a custom FBX import profile to scale it by 0.01. That will move the joint positions and the vertices properly, otherwise scaling the joints introduces additional deformation on the mesh.

However, I am not yet happy with the Maya FBIK rig, or the SMD export tool I wrote. After adding FBIK, I found there are a whole lot of "_FK" joints added to the skeletal hierarchy, and many of the keys I set ended up being 'pair blends', which I was not exporting. I'm not sure what method to use to address this with, different rig or different export coding. But what Maya is doing is making a complex animation that cannot be easily poured into a simple game format like SMD. However, without something like FBIK or some other IK setup on the rig, much of the advantage of using Maya to animate with is lost.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th May 2011 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WesHowe
I though the second FBX I posted was unscaled. Using the 'scale' tool in Maya does not really work right with skinned meshes, but you could emulate what I did in my code by taking the original (scaled by 100) mesh and setting a custom FBX import profile to scale it by 0.01. That will move the joint positions and the vertices properly, otherwise scaling the joints introduces additional deformation on the mesh.
<* Wes *>

I tried scaling the mesh using Scale All by 10,000 in Milkshape before exporting out. It seems to have worked ok.
Test Subject
#79 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:34 AM
Wes, Any news on your Exporter/Importer?
Test Subject
#80 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 6:37 PM
are there any baby meshes? these would be great for family poses
Test Subject
#81 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 6:07 PM
Hi I am having trouble with animating my sim on milkshape. I downloaded what it think is the wrong file. My sims come up with out any issues when I open the am_body_4 file but in this tutorial video the sim is displayed as a green blob. When I go to play my animation my sim is all over the place. How do I fix that? Also my file looks like this (am_body_4_anim_20110504) but in the tutorial it is telling me I need need this (am_body_4_ms3d) where do I get it from?

Please help.
Alchemist
#82 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Briffnie
Hi I am having trouble with animating my sim on milkshape. I downloaded what it think is the wrong file. My sims come up with out any issues when I open the am_body_4 file but in this tutorial video the sim is displayed as a green blob. When I go to play my animation my sim is all over the place. How do I fix that? Also my file looks like this (am_body_4_anim_20110504) but in the tutorial it is telling me I need need this (am_body_4_ms3d) where do I get it from?

Please help.
Hi Briffnie, the 20110504 version you have of the am_body_4_anim is an updated version and it works fine. The rig is not your problem. I don't know what video tutorial you're referring to but the model should not look like a green blob so if yours doesn't you're on the right track. Could you describe what you mean when you say your Sim is all over the place and where this issue is occurring?
Alchemist
#83 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 12:54 AM
If all you see is a blob shaped like a mass of circles, then your joint size is set too large. The default setting in MilkShape is 1.0, you need something like 0.01.
Go to file -> Preferences menu, select the "misc" tab, and set the joint size as recommended. Now they should be small circles connected by lines that look like a skeleton, and you should be able to see the mesh underneath.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 2:53 AM
I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but I was wondering where I could find the child rig files for Blender, or if someone would be kind enough to export the child meshes for Blender? If not, could someone help me figure out how to extract the child mesh so I could use Blender to create child animations? I'm still fairly new with Blender, so sorry for asking such a simple question.
Test Subject
#85 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I'm sorry to bring this thread up again, but I was wondering where I could find the child rig files for Blender, or if someone would be kind enough to export the child meshes for Blender? If not, could someone help me figure out how to extract the child mesh so I could use Blender to create child animations? I'm still fairly new with Blender, so sorry for asking such a simple question.

Read and follow this tutorial.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438716
Forum Resident
#86 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 9th Oct 2011 at 10:16 PM.
I didn't see in the tutorial on how to export the child mesh and rigs so I can use them in Blender. Sorry if I missed that step. Thank you for the tutorial though, KimEunJung. I used it when I was working with Milkshape, but forgot that below it there was a tutorial for Blender as well. I will definitely use it when I get the child mesh for Blender.

EDIT:

Sorry to edit this again, but I would like to make toddler animations as well as custom toddler interactions. I read how mesher exported the milkshape files, but I'm still lost on how he did that. Would someone be kind enough to help me through the process of doing this or extract the toddler mesh as well? I'm sorry about asking so much, and I am hoping I'm not annoying anyone by asking all these questions.
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mesher
This is an attempt to create the adult female mesh to be animated.
!

Will it be possible to do the same thing for adult dog (ad), please? I've tried to do it on myself but didn't succeed.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#88 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 5:42 PM
Default Is there any new meshes out there?
Is there any new meshes of dogs, cats, horses or toddlers I think the whole comunity would really need those.
Test Subject
#89 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:38 PM
Default Mine is win7 64bit Home Premiun
I got this problem when I open milk shape, does anyone know how to fix it???

Thnx!!!!
Alchemist
#90 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hua A kong
I got this problem when I open milk shape, does anyone know how to fix it???

Thnx!!!!
I'm not sure if this is the issue but I've heard that until you pay for Milkshape you can't export things. Maybe it's the case that you also cannot import. Have you paid for Milkshape or are you using a trial version?
Field Researcher
#91 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:18 AM
Does anyone have a 3DS Max-compatible anim base file? I can use the Blender project files in Max by converting them into FBX, but while I don't get any import errors the mesh that came with it had some bad joint assignments.
Test Subject
#92 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
I'm not sure if this is the issue but I've heard that until you pay for Milkshape you can't export things. Maybe it's the case that you also cannot import. Have you paid for Milkshape or are you using a trial version?

Actually i get username from some website and loggin sucessfully..
Field Researcher
#93 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hua A kong
Actually i get username from some website and loggin sucessfully..

You mean a serial number?
Test Subject
#94 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 9:15 PM
I have problem when I import .smd file to blender

I have something like this http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...2132213-001.png
Maybe you know why I have this problem
Alchemist
#95 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pyszny16
I have problem when I import .smd file to blender

I have something like this http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums...2132213-001.png
Maybe you know why I have this problem
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...6&goto=lastpost

at post 1019.
Test Subject
#96 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 9:01 PM
Default Mesh for toddler?
Hello! Is there a mesh for toddlers? I'd like to do a pose for toddlers... If someone could give me the link, please.

Thank you people! ^_^
Alchemist
#97 Old 30th Oct 2012 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tricia20mod
Hello! Is there a mesh for toddlers? I'd like to do a pose for toddlers... If someone could give me the link, please.

Thank you people! ^_^
There is a rig for toddlers in the set that A made for his Blender Clip tool. The tool and set of rigs, including the toddler, are at Simlogical here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=862.0
Test Subject
#98 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cosmas
I''m happy. I was able to successfully export an animation using Maya + SMD scripts, would anyone be interested in a tutorial for that process?

If you know a way to extract sims 2 animations and convert them to sims 3. I would be.. So badly, I've been trying to figure it out for months now.. I would seriously appreciate it if you would make a tutorial for it :D
Instructor
#99 Old 1st May 2014 at 1:37 AM Last edited by Celebriton : 1st May 2014 at 4:33 AM.
EDIT: moved to a new thread
Page 4 of 4