Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:37 PM
Default Editing Resource.cfg
Is there a way to change the place where the sims 3 looks for mods i.e. can the file path be changed to point to a certain folder in my documents for the mods or does the mods folder have to be with in the root of the sims 3 as I have looked at the resource.cfg and found it to use relative paths to the mods folder so would it be possible to use a absolute path instead for example would C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages work as well as Mods/Packages

I don't yet have the Sims 3 as I am getting it tomorrow when I go into the city
if no one knows please just say and I'll find out tomorrow
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:15 PM
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...g_Package_Files Is this what you're looking for? If not, I would post the question in the Mod forum, as this forum is for busted games.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:12 PM
I have read that and its where I got the resource.cfg I am looking at

If this thread needs moving how do I do that?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:26 PM
Moved.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:32 PM
I'm sure this can be done, but for the sake of ease, I would just place a shortcut to the mods/packages folder wherever you want it. That's what I did. I did everything exactly as the wiki instructed, then put a shortcut to that folder on my desktop.
Giblets for hire
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:37 PM
Not everyone has TS3 installed into the same location, or their documents directory in the same place, so a global way to point it to specific directories outside of the TS3 root directory wasn't a good idea. You can probably get this to work in your case though.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:47 PM
Oh Gangreless, Thankyou for that idea! It works great! I have a mac and there are ahundred more steps in getting to the Mod/Packages folder.(lol) I made a "Packages alias" and put it on my desktop too. I tested it, and it's so much easier to get to.
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ncrabs
Oh Gangreless, Thankyou for that idea! It works great! I have a mac and there are ahundred more steps in getting to the Mod/Packages folder.(lol) I made a "Packages alias" and put it on my desktop too. I tested it, and it's so much easier to get to.

Glad you got it working. Happy Sim(3)ing :D
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
Ah..here's how to edit:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=344148

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.