Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 8:54 PM Last edited by noprobllama : 28th Apr 2022 at 10:30 PM.
Default mods for bringing friends from home/school
I'm really tired of my Sims constantly bringing friends from school or work even when it doesn't make sense (like teen sims with jobs bringing friends and immediately leaving for work). Is there a mod that asks me for permission before they do that or even tells me who they want to bring? I know there's a mod that's supposed to stop this but I can't find that, so even that would help. Thank you!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 10:55 PM
From the Readme:
Quote:
School Bus and Bring Friend Home Dialog & Homework Hack Ver 1.6b – Apartment Life Edition (9/3/08)
By twojeffs

FEATURES:

1. You will only receive one dialog that the school bus will arrive in an hour, not one for every kid. Note: if you have some kids in private and some in public you will get 2 dialogs, no way around this.

2. You will only receive one dialog informing you of a snow day, not one for every kid. Same public/private exception as above. Also, each school has a random chance of closing so only one or the other may declare a snow day. No way to tell from the dialogs which one. You’ll have to wait to see who gets ‘go to school’ pushed on them.

3. If a child/teen wants to bring a friend home from school, you will now receive a dialog asking if this is ok. If you say no, the sims will still get the 20/20 relationship boost. If you choose cancel the sims will NOT get the 20/20 boost.

4. The code for choosing the sim to bring home from school has been completely rewritten. Maxis code was a huge mess. You should notice a shorter lag while the game picks, as well as the code being much smarter about who is picked. Player created sims will be hugely favored over townies, and sims who haven't been met yet are also favored. You should also notice a lot more randomness in who is brought home. It won't always be the last created/born in game sims who are picked.

5. Sims will walk toward the mailbox after getting off the bus and before checking their report card or getting out their homework. The ‘bring friend’ dialog won’t appear until then either.

6. The Homework Hack will make sims who have learned to study not always get homework. The chance of getting homework is lower the better the sim's grades. Serious sims will also take a lower hit to fun by doing homework.

7. Nukifies the A+ cheer completely. Most. Annoying. Thing. Ever.

Found here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/92533/
Click on your latest expansion pack, then on mods, then search for "SchoolBus-HomeworkHacks.zip"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 5:56 PM
Thank you, that's great! Now I just need a mod to stop adult Sims from bringing friends from work.
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 5:14 AM
Turns out Syberspunk has one at MATY, Carpool Bring Friend, and it's based on Twojeffs' mod. Not sure if it's compatible with AL; you'll have to try it.

Otherwise, Simler90 has versions of these here on MTS: School Bring Home Friend Mod and Job Bring Home Friend Mod. Simler90 isn't known for making sure their mods are compatible with older ones, though, so I wouldn't mix and match Simler90 with the other mods in this case. If you want to use one of Simler90's mods, then use Simler90's versions for both school and work, in order to avoid conflicts.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2022 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Turns out Syberspunk has one at MATY, Carpool Bring Friend, and it's based on Twojeffs' mod. Not sure if it's compatible with AL; you'll have to try it.

Otherwise, Simler90 has versions of these here on MTS: School Bring Home Friend Mod and Job Bring Home Friend Mod. Simler90 isn't known for making sure their mods are compatible with older ones, though, so I wouldn't mix and match Simler90 with the other mods in this case. If you want to use one of Simler90's mods, then use Simler90's versions for both school and work, in order to avoid conflicts.

Thank you so much for your help!