Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 2:58 AM
Default accessory transparency issues
Hi. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue I'm having with an accessory I'm working on?

It's based on a clone of the thick rimmed glasses and uses all their default settings. I've tried tweaking stdMatAlphaBlendMode, stdMatAlphaMultiplier, stdMatAlphaRefValue and stdMatAlphaTestEnabled values with no luck. Everything is properly weighted.

I've tried everything I can think of but nothing so far has worked.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Banned Asshat
#2 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:11 PM
You could try this:
stdMatAlphaBlendMode: none
stdMatAlphaTestEnabled: 0

Regroup the inner part of the mesh but just keep it named frame and set the opacity to -1
regroup the inside texturemeshgroup of the outer part, also keep the same name and set the opacity to 3.
Wats left is the outside texturemeshgroup of the outer part, called frame(if im right)
Set that group opacity to 5.

So you now have 3 meshgroups all called frame but with a diffrent opacity.
You dont have to change or add groups to your accesoire file.
You can import this mesh in your mesh package without updating or changing things.
The meshgroups are all called the same and will share one and the same texture file

If this doesn't do the trick you have to consider making a closed mesh, like a maxis body(so its hollow)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:28 PM
Looks like it might also be the Pets display bug you're having there, which can't be fixed via material definitions: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=202520

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned Asshat
#4 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 8:00 PM
Ah.....i dont have experience with Pets EP.