Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:58 AM
Default Mood Triggers?
I know with the shower we can trigger Inspired, Flirty and Energized moods. I'd like to get my sim in a Focused mood, but not sure what I can do to trigger that. Feel free to post about other mood triggers you may know about.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:03 AM
Certain decoration pieces trigger different moods. For example the clock you get from the Tech Guru career line gives you Focused if you're near it and activate the aura on it. I always have that one right near my computers.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poedgirl
Certain decoration pieces trigger different moods. For example the clock you get from the Tech Guru career line gives you Focused if you're near it and activate the aura on it. I always have that one right near my computers.

LOL I was wondering about the career rewards. I didn't seem to be getting any notification of them. For some reason your message made me think to check Household Inventory and darned if there isn't about 4 reward objects sitting there for me Thank you for giving my brain the kick it needed lol. By the way, My sim is in the Tech Guru Career, so i do have the clock now for the focused mood.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:11 AM
If you have Sims 3 University Life on Origin then you can use the Reward lamp to create a focused aura.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
The Tea Machine's different types of teas trigger moodlets.

Run Oolong -- Heightens Metabolism
Pitch Black -- Focused
Steamy Ginseng --Flirty
Calming Chamomile --- haven't tried yet
Earl Grey, Hot --Confident
Healthy Green --Healthy Aura
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:52 PM
Having your sim ponder chess moves is a reliable way, but it takes a short while(1 hour?) to trigger. I've heard that you can become focused from finishing books, but I have yet to get non-skill books to register properly as having been read, so I'm not sure about that.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:35 PM
If you have a computer, searching wikipedia (simpedia?). If you dig for treasure, the objects have some sort of mood mojo. I think I have a fossilized hand print that gives the 'focused' mood when looked at.
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:56 AM
This might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know how to eat ice cream in the bath? My sim was very sad and there wasn't an option to.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
This might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know how to eat ice cream in the bath? My sim was very sad and there wasn't an option to.

My guess would be have them start eating the ice cream and then tell them to take a bath, but I don't know if that would work. That's how most of the multi-tasking stuff is accomplished.