Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1586
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1018 times.
Search this Thread
Old 4th Feb 2018, 1:03 AM DefaultQuestions regarding adjusted lots #1
Yvelotic2001
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 21


Hi!
Recently I've been building some "modular" buildings that connect. For that, I used LotAdjuster to shrink them. But I have some questions regarding lots that were adjusted and sharing them.

1. Can shrunk lots be shared here on MTS? If so, are there are special precautions or anything to inform whoever is download?
2. In the picture attached, would it be possible to expand the left lot over the road (and make a corner lot), given that the road is curving?
3. Can corner lots be shared?
4. Can two corner lots overlap (i.e. share the same road that was expanded on)?

Bonus (not related to adjusted lots but it came to me while building one): can the concrete sidewalks be painted over with a different floor tile, as to create some kind of continuous pavement from the road until the building?

Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Hood View.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  370.5 KB  
Old 4th Feb 2018, 1:34 AM #2
maxon
The Great AntiJen



Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,586
Thanks: 7629 in 42 Posts
24 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
1. Can shrunk lots be shared here on MTS? If so, are there are special precautions or anything to inform whoever is download?

I think so - you'd need to explain what you've done on the upload page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
2. In the picture attached, would it be possible to expand the left lot over the road (and make a corner lot), given that the road is curving?

Yes, but the road on lot will not curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
3. Can corner lots be shared?

We have the odd one or two of those on here too - again, you'll need to explain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
4. Can two corner lots overlap (i.e. share the same road that was expanded on)?

They can as long as you don't try to move them - that is you do the overlap with the lots in place (these are a variety of 'stacked lot'). What they won't do is grip onto the road when you try to place them. You also need to be careful the lots are at the same height or you get graphical issues (not problems but it doesn't look great). Finally, remember that the corner space in one lot is NOT the same corner space in the other - they're still separate lots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
Bonus (not related to adjusted lots but it came to me while building one): can the concrete sidewalks be painted over with a different floor tile, as to create some kind of continuous pavement from the road until the building?

Yep - remove 'em entirely if you want (including the road - though the cars will look weird driving over grass). They will get reset if you move the lot via the lot bin.

Having said that, you might want to wait till a lot moderator comes along and confirms that (like Jo or Karen). I don't do lots too often (I make them though - there are adjusted lots of mine on here though they are in Polgannon). I went mad with the Lot Adjuster for that. Of more importance, when uploading lots, is flat edges and the lots shouldn't have been lived in or played (use a copy to test).

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 4th Feb 2018, 1:40 AM #3
Yvelotic2001
Original Poster

Test Subject

Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 21


Thanks for your quick reply! When you say the road will not curve, you mean, when viewed from the lot, the road will appear straight? And the other road will just come at a right angle?
Old 4th Feb 2018, 1:53 AM #4
maxon
The Great AntiJen



Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,586
Thanks: 7629 in 42 Posts
24 Achievements


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
Thanks for your quick reply! When you say the road will not curve, you mean, when viewed from the lot, the road will appear straight? And the other road will just come at a right angle?

Not sure since I've never tried it with two adjacent lots but the road belonging to the lot you are on will be straight.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Old 4th Feb 2018, 2:12 AM #5
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee



Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,798
Thanks: 4595 in 50 Posts
24 Achievements

View My Journal


Moved to Sims 2 building.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Reply


Section jump:


Powered by MariaDB Some icons by http://dryicons.com.