Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 12:44 AM Last edited by zowie2003 : 20th Aug 2005 at 1:34 AM.
JWoods, Numenor Thank You soooo much. I'm going to go fix this and hopefully I have everything ironed out.....

Zowie

It worked!!!!!! Thank you again. :D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 6:36 PM
I have a custom window mesh. It has lattice work. I want to take the lattice work off. That's it. I don't want the original mesh. So--I think: why not just use this package (for me only) and just remove the lattice?

I export mesh, remove lattice, replace mesh in Simpe, assign hash, commit, fix integrity, save.

Shouldn't this work?
Mesh Maestro
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 6:42 PM
Yes, that should work fine...

Notes: If you do not change the GUIDs it will overwrite the existing object.
Also, It might be a goodidea to replace the mesh in the diagonal version of the window as well. Otherwise when placed on the diagonal wall it will appear as the original with the latice...
Forum Resident
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:08 PM.
So no need to UVmap?

Should this work with hair meshes as well?

Another thing I'm trying to learn: how to add a tile. I can't seem tofind information on it. Can you point me to the right tutorial?

Oh yeah And another thing: I was trying to increase the size of the gothic arch to be two story tall. So far I have the mesh the right size. The UV map is not right (I don't know enough), but that is fixable with simplifying the image. BUT, I don't know how to make the wall hole expand to the second story. Add a 'wall' tile?

Can I use a clone off of the two story high window and replace the mesh with the enlarged gothic mesh......
Mesh Maestro
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:10 PM
The original Maxis meshes are already UV mapped so there is no need to remap any existing Maxis Meshes.

As to the arch you would need to clone an existing two story arch and edit the wall masks in the texture file...

We are getting way off topic here so lets take any more questions to the "Object Repair Shop" Please...
Forum Resident
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:21 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 24th Aug 2005 at 9:01 PM.
Oh Sorry. Actually you are helping repair packages I just haven't bothered to refer to them in particular.

Thanks.

EDIT: the replace steps worked on the window, but the buy catalog icon pictur eis blue. If the icon is chosen and placed on a wall, the window frame is blue. However if another color, any color chosen from inside is OK. The frame is blue only if the icon is chosen without going into the options. Does this make sense? Why would it do this?

EDIT: I can't get the 'replace' mesh steps I listed above to work for a hair mesh. The head appears with invisible hair. Should the same steps work for a hair mesh?
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 5:05 AM
Okay, so how do we fix the blue, invisible and/or flashing objects (such as water after getting the Patch from Sims 2)? I haven't got SimPE.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 6:32 PM
Kwiat, this thread is intended for helping creators when the objects they have created (using SimPE) are flashing blue.

If you have downloaded a recolour that is flashing blue, and you don't want to use SimPE, you only option (beside deleting it) is redownloading it from the original thread: the creator will probably have posted a fixed version.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 3:00 PM Last edited by FastNFurious : 1st Nov 2005 at 1:46 PM.
Default Getting me crazy
Hi Numenor, I got a major problem on my RC Car. I have cloned the vroommaster with the latest SimPE 0.50. When I tested it for the first time in my game, the RC Car was showed up, and worked perfectly. Since I've close my game, the RC Car disapear when I use it. I've made nothing during this period. If you can take a look on my package, it will be really appreciated.

Live fast, live free.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 6:09 PM
I will take a look when I'm back home; but in the meantime, please note that the RC car is one ow the worst objects ever made by Maxis. The original car, too, was proven to create conflicts and malfunctions with the EPs.

It's highly probable that your package, formally, will result perfect; the "invisibility" is probably due to the odd way the car is created and managed by the game. In fact, the car changes its nature while playing, and the object that you start playing with it's not the same as the one you end playing with.
I hope I was clear enough... All this subject isn't perfectly clear to me, neither...

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#36 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 8:58 PM
The RC car is one of those "unique" NPCs. NPCs are bad enough, but the unique ones can cause your "objects.package" to get corrupted. This is especially true for the RC car. Avoid modding (or using) the RC car at all costs.
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:28 AM Last edited by FastNFurious : 30th Oct 2005 at 4:59 AM.
Thx for the reply Numenor and Dizzy2, it was clear now. Anyway I got it to work, thx to wintermuteai1 to gave me a link to a good tutorial (Tutorial), I'll make it recolorable now.

Live fast, live free.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 30th Oct 2005 at 4:05 PM
That's interesting... Shaklin, in order to avoid the known problems when cloning the RC car, has created a manually-fixed clone with its own GUIDs, and in that tutorial explains how to clone it, instead to clone the original one. I didn't check Shaklin's package, but nevertheless it's a good idea. Thanks for the link.

Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 4:39 PM
numenor, I don't create objects I just download them for play. I've had several objects I downloaded from different places that worked fine when using your CEP addition to the game and then others flash blue. Is that because of something the creator did then? As someone like myself who does not edit or create objects should I just get rid of the object or is there something I can do to simply fix the problem?
Thanks.
LP
Part-time Hermit
#40 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittlePerson
numenor, I don't create objects I just download them for play. I've had several objects I downloaded from different places that worked fine when using your CEP addition to the game and then others flash blue. Is that because of something the creator did then? As someone like myself who does not edit or create objects should I just get rid of the object or is there something I can do to simply fix the problem?
Thanks.
LP

There might be several reasons to flashing blue objects. With recolors on Maxis objects, some old ones created before the University expansion pack may not work anymore. Many creators updated they recolors to work again, so you could check if there are updated versions available.

Clones/ objects with custom meshes don't need the CEP to work in your game. There are some objects that borrow their colors from other objects on purpose, and you will need that other object in your game for the others to work (this is usually mentioned where you download the object). If the said object is missing, the other ones will flash blue. But then it could also very well be that there is something wrong with the object. I don't recommend trying to fix it yourself, but rather you should contact the creator of the object and let them know, so that they can fix it and update the object they have at their website, too.
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 1:21 PM
Thanks. I just deleted the blue ones.
Part-time Hermit
#42 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittlePerson
Thanks. I just deleted the blue ones.

You should still try to contact the creator(s), too, if you know who they are. They may not be aware of this problem, and it would be very useful for them to know something is wrong. Sometimes creators won't notice problems like these themselves because they have the necessary textures in their own game, and the objects won't be blue for them. While creators are mainly responsible for their own creations, mistakes happen, and it's quite disappointing for a creator to realise that hundreds of people downloaded a faulty object but nobody bothered to let him know it didn't work.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
Brother please help me! my accessory meshes are all see through in game =S
thye look awesome in Milkshape, Bs, and create a sim, but in GAME, it seen all 'hidden' parts become visibile..
PLEASE HELP ME!!
x( also i cant see the preview button or check box etc when i press commit
=S
Page 2 of 2