Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:38 PM
Default I'm new, sort of.
I've been downloading CC from this site for years but didn't join until a few months ago, and have only recently begun posting.

When it comes to technical skills, I'm still a member of the Dark Ages. I'm one of those silly Simmers who needs step-by-step instructions--preferably with pictures. If something goes haywire in my game, I tend to reinstall and start fresh. I vowed never to do that again and after this recent computer blunder, I saved my game file so that I could continue where I left off. Now, I can't get that game to open. Needless to say, I probably won't have much to contribute to this group. (hangs head in shame)

I'm hoping that old dogs (pushing 60) can learn new tricks, and maybe even learn to be productive members of the ModTheSims2 society.

I'm strictly a Sims 2 gamer -- and I (selfishly) hope the game never loses its enthusiasts, because I need you all to stay here and hold my hand as I play.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:55 PM
Welcome to MTS SIMelissa, you're never too old to game I love sims and I'm in my mid 50s

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 12:12 AM
Welcome, the sims 2 community is alive, well and kicking, don't worry about that. Many of us are more mature players too.

Don't reinstall, 99% that won't help. If you are having trouble post over on the sims 2 help board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 10:28 PM Last edited by myrmaad : 26th Jun 2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: How embarrassing
Uh hello.. /taps mic/ Is this on?

I'm new. My kiddo has been watching her favorite Minecraft Youtubers do some Let's Plays and was fixated on getting the game. We opted for The Sims 3 and Seasons. She's seven. I wanted to understand the game in order to help her, so I got myself a copy, started reading and adding mods and long story short I like it as much as she does. I'm new to The Sims but an old gamer.

That said, I have a lot of questions, particularly about lots and building, but also about where to find some things, and I figured before I jump into all that I'd say hello. I have read through Carl's guides and other various sites, and I've combed through TSR and CCC. I'm anxious to discuss the game with other fans, so I hope to see you around soon. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

/edit
I just realized that I added to your thread instead of creating a new one. How rude of me! Your room just seemed so cozy do you mind if I join you? I've brought cookies!

Oh, did you want some of those?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by myrmaad
I have a lot of questions, particularly about lots and building, but also about where to find some things, and I figured before I jump into all that I'd say hello. I have read through Carl's guides and other various sites, and I've combed through TSR and CCC. I'm anxious to discuss the game with other fans, so I hope to see you around soon.

Welcome! And no worries about popping into my thread ... except the part about not sharing those cookies! LOL

I don't play Sims 3 (only Sims 2) but I would bet there are some great hints and tips for building in the Sims 3 thread. For Sims 2, I've been following Jo's Community Spirit building contest: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=592998 I completed her application house (not in the thread) and plan to try my hand at the next couple of foundations.

One thing another Simmer told me to do is to try copying something someone else has built. I think it's a great idea and will probably try to build my own version of some of the houses in the Community Spirit thread.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:54 AM
Feel free to share some pics in one of the sims 2 pictures thread SIMelissa. I like seeing all the different designs people have come up with.

Welcome myrmaad I don't play sims 3 either-we are all sims 2 players, but there are plenty of sims 3 players on MTS. Maybe since you have fallen into a sims 2 thread you should take it as a sign, take a peak at sims 2, maybe we could entice you over. We have special brownies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 9:23 PM
Hello both! Welcome to MTS! I hope you have a nice stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (: