Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:29 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:54 AM.
Default Experiences With 4K Computer Monitors?
I've been browsing on and off for a computer monitor to replace my 10+ year old Samsung SyncMaster 275T. This monitor of mine works well, has no dead pixels, and continues to be a faithful device on my desk. But I'd like to move on eventually to something that can take advantage of the nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 video card installed in my new computer.

So, I'm looking for a PC monitor that's at least 30" in size that isn't a super-wide monitor (because it ends up looking short despite the diagonal measurement)...maybe 16:9 or 16:10 ratio. 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels). It could be plain black, not fancy.

I'd prefer not a TV monitor, because even though it's larger for a reasonable price, the pixels are blurry when sitting about 3 feet away from it. And the response time for a TV monitor is not as good as a PC monitor.

Do any of you have a 4K resolution monitor? What are your experiences with it? How long have you had it? Did you have to try other 4K monitors before settling with the current one you have?

The thing I'm wary of is ordering a 4K monitor online and finding out that it doesn't suit me. The other thing is I don't see stores in my area displaying monitors that large or larger for PCs.

I'm not really looking to buy anytime soon. What I'm looking for in this discussion is your experiences using a large monitor. How it suited your needs and what you were looking for in a PC monitor when the time came to choose and then buy one.

Thoughts?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!