Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:24 PM
^ ^ Every Marker you put down generates an NPC, giving your community lots doctors, security guards, whatever.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 5:50 PM
What markers?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 3:54 AM
Do you use his? I'm not sure which to use. Jynx's looks very outdated.

Mad Poster
#56 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:30 PM
Are you suggesting I should download every mod that changes rabbit hole behaviour? I could only find one mod with Jynx's and that is RB rugs. BTW, which of the two/threeI download. There's a pet fix with LN, the BG, and Equestrian center. Since I have Ambitions and LN, I should probably install the LN one only?

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#58 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 12:16 AM
Bookstore/Restaurant is actually Monte Vista (that's why you will probably never see a rug version); the new IP combo rabbitholes are Spa/Restaurant and Business-Journalism/Bookstore

And SneakyWingPhoenix, these rugs do not change rabbithole behaviour, the ARE rabbitholes. Shaped like rugs and you have them as objects alongside the "proper" rabbitholes. The pet fixed versions are most likely necessary even without Pets because of the RIG changes prompted by the Pets patch(es).

In total the game knows 52 different types of rabbitholes, btw.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 1:09 AM
I'm aware that they are the rabbit holes. Thank you, guys!

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
In that link you have:
- Resort RH rugs from IP
- University RH rugs from Uni
- Equestrian center RH door from pets.
- ITF RH rugs from ITF

In what link?

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#61 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 1:35 AM
There a several weird lot types for no apparent reason. There's for example the Arboretum lot type, complete with its own (blue) map tag and it isn't even used in Moonlight Falls where the arboretum rabbithole makes its first appearance; and, besides, the red rabbithole maptag overrides the blue one anyway.

For the consignment store and the equestrian centre my guess is that it has to do with the dreaded auto lot placement when you start a new game in an EA world, as these two lot types are part of that mechanism.

I also usually merge lot functions on one lot type. Elixir consignment, regular consignment and bot shop can all go into one lot type (usually consignment store because it attracts more regular Sims visitors than the other two).
The only lot type that comes to my mind now that really needs to be in place for its objects to function properly is the Salon; but as that one doesn't really close you can place a lot of other things in there, too - rabbitholes, shops, bars.
Scholar
#62 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 4:46 AM
Can you use one of those rabbithole rugs on any lot type? For example, putting a criminal hideout rug (is there one? ) on a dance club lot? So that the sims leaving their job there, will hang out in the dance club? You know, like a club owned by the mafia? Or just a bar that looks like a italian restaurant
Theorist
#64 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:28 AM
I hate combined rabbit holes. To have a town hall and a military base in the same building is just condensing things a bit toooo much.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#65 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:14 AM Last edited by daisylee : 28th Jun 2018 at 8:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I hate combined rabbit holes. To have a town hall and a military base in the same building is just condensing things a bit toooo much.

I seem to recall that in Bridgeport some of the opportunities or something were messed up with the combined RH. This was way back when when I played B, but I seem to remember that.

I have these so if anyone has a problem getting one, PM me. Hmmm, I think I have an astronomy one also? Let me look. edit: yes I have StellarObservatoryRug_Misty also. I have cazarupt ones also but have always liked these better for some reason.

Mad Poster
#66 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:12 PM
Wow. Some much useful information you guys provide me that it is so overwhelming for a newbie like me :O

Instructor
#67 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
I also usually merge lot functions on one lot type. Elixir consignment, regular consignment and bot shop can all go into one lot type (usually consignment store because it attracts more regular Sims visitors than the other two).
The only lot type that comes to my mind now that really needs to be in place for its objects to function properly is the Salon; but as that one doesn't really close you can place a lot of other things in there, too - rabbitholes, shops, bars.

That reminds me of another thing I've noticed - the nectary register (+ racks) behaves weirdly when placed on a non-nectary lot. I usually plop down all registers on a Market assigned lot but that particular one only sells the machine and the skill books with no actual nectar to buy. Also none of the racks set to 'buyable' work ('tastable' works fine). I wonder if there's some workaround, sometimes you just need a small wine shop and don't have free space for the whole Nectary deal.
Page 3 of 3